September 5, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
snoopdoug

suspended

recently, within the past half a week, I cant get over how I wish I was from FL, NY, or CA. they all seem like such fun places to be at with a good musical environment.

Im from CT, and we have just about nothing going on for us musically. I mean my man John Thomas is hopefully about to gain some more exposure, but he's an R&B singer. its like all our rappers suck, and everyone wants to be a rapper now. and even with a few hidden gems, the marketing is so terrible and tedious.

and as fucked up as it sounds, if I were to somehow be the one to blow it up for Connecticut someday, I wouldnt wanna put it on my back. thats so corny.

so, do any of you guys have a plethora of shitty rappers emerging from your city?

jonjakob.blogspot.com

September 5, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
totalespionage

Yeah. Here in the DMV niggas are starting to pop up out of nowhere with their crap ass music. And the dudes who been putting in work don't really get the exposure they deserve. What makes it worse is the music scene is poppin, but only for rnb (Tank, Raheem Devin, Toni Braxton) and rock bands (Good Charlotte, Bad Brains). As far as hip hop is concerned the only person big on a national scale is Wale'.
September 5, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
snoopdoug

suspended

I thought Logic was from DMV, isnt he gettin a bit of hype lately?

jonjakob.blogspot.com

September 5, 2012 @ 07:01 PM
totalespionage

I thought Logic was from DMV, isnt he gettin a bit of hype lately?

Yeah but he is the type of person to have someone help him and then not even give a shouout. DMV=Crabs in a barrel
September 5, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
NZOO

There are good rappers it's just a lot of shitty ones are getting the attention right now...

Don't badmind me.

September 5, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
trolos714

I'm from the OC there's not a lot of rap or hip hop here, but there's a lot of punk/hardcore bands emerging from our scene.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

September 5, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
cityofsavages

There's a good mix of shitty rappers and dope rappers in Atlanta. Most of the shitty ones get the shine but there are some guys that are moving up the ranks now that have some talent and great ideas of how to market themselves.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 5, 2012 @ 08:29 PM
SoleFresh87

Eh yeah , here in SC very few good ( OxyMoron & The blind rapper from 106 & Park , and some other 3 that i probaly dont listen to ) and the rest just do nursery ryhme raps.

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

September 5, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

My city good

www.NickyDsss.com

September 5, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
@abgohard1

whatever city you in, there gon be corny niggas, thas life
September 6, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
bonemarrow

NJ has no niggas

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

September 6, 2012 @ 01:39 AM
kbos

CT is mad wack. Somethings in the water there. Boston is good if you know whats up.
September 6, 2012 @ 04:52 AM
Ryan, The Ripper

Im from Chicago

http://twitter.com/firstclasskid

September 6, 2012 @ 08:03 AM
snoopdoug

suspended

^ Ironic, I JUST read an article about the lil jojo incident before I looked at this

jonjakob.blogspot.com

September 6, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
Dino Spumoni

Depends on what kind of music you're looking for. I'm from CT as well and I can tell you that CT and RI have a lot of good grind/noise/experimental bands. Fuck Hatebreed though.
September 6, 2012 @ 06:57 PM
AG69er

The DMV is cool. We've got a lot of good ass rappers out here... but you know there will always be the ones that come out the cut rapping because it's cool and putting out bullshit ass music. I actually think that goes for everywhere though, there's potential almost everywhere... it's just hard to find it in the mist of all the bullshit ass, half-ass, suck ass "artists"

MEEZI https://soundcloud.com/rmell

September 6, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
4G LTE

Phoenix scene is garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbage, but my nigga junya is a diamond in the dirt. Fo'realla. Not just cuz he my nigga but i truly believe he's what the industry needs right now. Take a listen.

rollin' down the strip on vogues comin up slammin cadillac does

Please login first to reply.