Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 25, 2012 @ 09:08 PM
thelavishworld

Did we call it or did we call it? As the post about "Diced Pineapples" was put out on the blog by us not 10 minutes ago, we just got an email with the link to the deluxe edition of "God Forgives, I Don't". With all the hype surrounding the album, we'll finally find out how good this album really is.

As the album already starts out very cinematographic, comparable to "Deeper Than Rap", as the intro goes into "Pirates". This song, together with the previously heard "3 Kings", show the more soulful Ricky that differs from the harder Rick Ross that we heard on "Teflon Don". While Dre starts of with the least impressive verse, Jay-Z does kill the song in the end with his acapella message. It's typical for someone like Hov to just go on, even when the beat stops, and that is probably why he's one of the three kings in the hiphop world.

The Cool&Dre produced "Shameless" sounds a little off, as if our headphones are broken. The instrumental doesn't feel well mixed and the sample doesn't feel well cut. Till now, every song sounds like it could've been on a mixtape, as we seen with many Game albums. This all changes on "Maybach Music 4", which feels rich and peaceful. The production by Justice League doesn't disappoint and neither does Ne-Yo. All of a sudden, the song switches up as it's Ne-Yo's turn to show the magic. A slower, more tension filled instrumental appears, which kind of sounds like the ending of "Summer Madness". This is definitely one of the best songs, however what did surprise us is the cameo by L.A. Reid at the end of the song.

"Sixteen" is exactly what you hope to hear from Rick Ross together with Andre 3000. Witty, experimental and well produced. The song, like the last one, is also one of the bigger and better songs on the album which will definitely help bring the album from a 'good' to a 'great' album. It's as if Andre is back in his "Love Below" phase. Ending in a guitar solo, which makes us wonder if this is 3000's work, the song flows into "Amsterdam".

Dear Rick Ross, please don't talk about our city, since you simply don't know it. However, although the song doesn't fit the city, the song itself does sound very trippy. Is it predictable that the song speaks about weed? Yes. Does that make it a bad song? Not really. As the album is shaping into something that the MMG leader may be particularly proud of, we now end the slow part of the album. Welcome to the part where you find out that lord forgives, but Rick Ross doesn't.

While "Hold Me Back" and "911" work the same as "MC Hammer" and "BMF", sounding exactly the same, we go further with "So Sophisticated". Now honestly, let's just skip that, since the next song is a Neptunes track and we have heard enough of the song since the video is already out. "Presidential", of which we already heard a snippet when Odd Future was in Pharrell's studio, sounds amazing. The chorus is typical Neptunes, which is sung by Elijah Blake. They could've better put Pharrell on the chorus anyways, but it doesn't really matter.

As the album slowly comes to an end, you hear a lot of songs that were already previously released. With "Presidential", the last great new song was played. Although the album has a few good songs, it's far from what anyone could've expected. Therefore, we end this review by saying that the album definitely is good, but not more than a 7.

Lavish Score:
7/10
July 25, 2012 @ 09:39 PM
ksj

Nice observations but where is the review?
July 25, 2012 @ 09:44 PM
guccibucket

You skipped Diced Pineapples.
July 25, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
me>u

Dice Pineapples, Ten Jesus Pieces, Pirates > *

but

Teflon Don > God Forgives, I Don't

instagram: funthera

July 26, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
teov

I've listened to the first half of the LP while I was doing workout so I wasn't paying attention too much but shit sounds definitely above average.... Ricky never puts out a whack album, gotta give props to that

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

July 27, 2012 @ 02:44 AM
jeezy

someone hit me up wit a link brahhh
July 27, 2012 @ 02:51 AM
eric.

word^ hmu with a link thx
July 27, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
NZOO

paypal me $5 for link...

Don't badmind me.

July 27, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
aalexander

just got this album I am about to listen to it cool
July 27, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
RainInEngland

Whatever happened with that shit he did with Alchemist?
July 27, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
hchma

tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/ ;)
July 27, 2012 @ 06:15 PM
encore818

Just listened to it, a lot of it sounds the same. After Rich Forever, Self Made 2, this doesn't really stand out.
August 1, 2012 @ 10:59 AM
thelavishworld

http://www.thelavishworld.com/2012/07/rick-ross-god-forgives-i-dont-deluxe.html
You can get it here
August 1, 2012 @ 03:11 PM
SoleFresh87

Bout to listen to mine also .

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

August 1, 2012 @ 03:23 PM
*ER!C

3 KINGS VID

"STUNTIN TO THE MAX IM SO WAVEY"
ROSS AND HOV REAL NIGGAS
August 2, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
filthavenue

I cant fucking stand Stalleys verse on 10 Jesus Pieces.

http://filthavenue.tumblr.com/

August 2, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
Black Dave

Here's the needledrop review. 3/10

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTTmj5V5h_M
August 2, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
BuddyOmar

Did we call it or did we call it? As the post about "Diced Pineapples" was put out on the blog by us not 10 minutes ago, we just got an email with the link to the deluxe edition of "God Forgives, I Don't". With all the hype surrounding the album, we'll finally find out how good this album really is.

As the album already starts out very cinematographic, comparable to "Deeper Than Rap", as the intro goes into "Pirates". This song, together with the previously heard "3 Kings", show the more soulful Ricky that differs from the harder Rick Ross that we heard on "Teflon Don". While Dre starts of with the least impressive verse, Jay-Z does kill the song in the end with his acapella message. It's typical for someone like Hov to just go on, even when the beat stops, and that is probably why he's one of the three kings in the hiphop world.

The Cool&Dre produced "Shameless" sounds a little off, as if our headphones are broken. The instrumental doesn't feel well mixed and the sample doesn't feel well cut. Till now, every song sounds like it could've been on a mixtape, as we seen with many Game albums. This all changes on "Maybach Music 4", which feels rich and peaceful. The production by Justice League doesn't disappoint and neither does Ne-Yo. All of a sudden, the song switches up as it's Ne-Yo's turn to show the magic. A slower, more tension filled instrumental appears, which kind of sounds like the ending of "Summer Madness". This is definitely one of the best songs, however what did surprise us is the cameo by L.A. Reid at the end of the song.

"Sixteen" is exactly what you hope to hear from Rick Ross together with Andre 3000. Witty, experimental and well produced. The song, like the last one, is also one of the bigger and better songs on the album which will definitely help bring the album from a 'good' to a 'great' album. It's as if Andre is back in his "Love Below" phase. Ending in a guitar solo, which makes us wonder if this is 3000's work, the song flows into "Amsterdam".

Dear Rick Ross, please don't talk about our city, since you simply don't know it. However, although the song doesn't fit the city, the song itself does sound very trippy. Is it predictable that the song speaks about weed? Yes. Does that make it a bad song? Not really. As the album is shaping into something that the MMG leader may be particularly proud of, we now end the slow part of the album. Welcome to the part where you find out that lord forgives, but Rick Ross doesn't.

While "Hold Me Back" and "911" work the same as "MC Hammer" and "BMF", sounding exactly the same, we go further with "So Sophisticated". Now honestly, let's just skip that, since the next song is a Neptunes track and we have heard enough of the song since the video is already out. "Presidential", of which we already heard a snippet when Odd Future was in Pharrell's studio, sounds amazing. The chorus is typical Neptunes, which is sung by Elijah Blake. They could've better put Pharrell on the chorus anyways, but it doesn't really matter.

As the album slowly comes to an end, you hear a lot of songs that were already previously released. With "Presidential", the last great new song was played. Although the album has a few good songs, it's far from what anyone could've expected. Therefore, we end this review by saying that the album definitely is good, but not more than a 7.

Lavish Score:
7/10

SMFH at this whack fuckin review. You niggas didn't even get "Ashamed" right in the review. That was the best track on the whole album and yall niggas shit the bed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

August 3, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
filthavenue

This album was a disappointment.

http://filthavenue.tumblr.com/

August 3, 2012 @ 09:01 AM
Justin $tash

The Rich Forever Mixtape Was Way Better.
August 3, 2012 @ 10:15 AM
PlatinumRespect

The Rich Forever Mixtape Was Way Better.
this
August 3, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Inactive

Props to lavish cool
August 3, 2012 @ 02:26 PM
jayone

Nice tits

Please login first to reply.