June 29, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
KingPin

Aye HB have yall heard of Kevin Gates or does anyone listen to him. I stay down in New Orleans and he gets a lot of love in Louisiana especially since Boosie been locked up.

heres some of his latest mixtapes check it out: Make Em Believe and I Dont Know What to Call it

June 29, 2012 @ 12:08 AM
keety

His new mixtapes can't fuck with his old shit like Pick Of Da Litter, All or Nothing, Behind Enemy Lines, and All In. I really haven't been feeling the majority of his shit since he got out of jail but theres a few decent ones these days.

June 29, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
KingPin

True.. I put those tapes up so if anyone hasn't heard of him can see his newer stuff quicker. But I think he's with YMCMB now i think thats a weird fit tho
June 29, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
keety

How so?

Its a paycheck either way...all his shit has been going commercial since he got out of jail with the satelites song and all that...that nights out in rio is kinda catchy if you have heard that.
June 29, 2012 @ 12:28 AM
KingPin

yea he probably tryin to get a lot more exposure now but ymcmb still doesn't fit to me he shouldve just stayed deadgame or gone to trillent
June 29, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
keety

It don't even matter, its all about a check...Trill Ent is a dying company with only Webbie on the roster basically...Lil Phat died, Boose in jail, Fox and Mouse, Shell, and Lil Trill..its really not all that nice. Also, trill ent was owing money to everybody from Boosie to Fox, thats why Boosie even dissed them. He's doing it to make money and I'm sure universal/YM got him straight...Dead Game was his own company in the first place and I know it would never provide as much a YM could...along with Gudda and Flow...he fits with them alright.

Its not even bout exposure with the mediocre new sound, he's just going in a new direction but its not a development in my eyes its a step back...the shit that built his buzz back in the day until now is what got him in the position he is in now..to just lose all that doesn't make sense, just to turn around throw out anything.

He's just getting too cocky, thats cool but I'd like him to be more consistent with the hot shit...because them old mixtapes you could listen to nearly every song without a skip but its not like that with the new ones.
June 29, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
KingPin

l true i feel ya like on that make em believe i gotta skip around to find the bangers on it. but i think with YM that he's mainly there for the money and to get a bigger audience with a more radio friendly sound and that YM probably signed him to write songs and hooks for some of the other artist in YM

Please login first to reply.