June 7, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

the funniest thing about OF's popularity is that their fanbase is so half assed, its a whole bunch of kids talking about Fuck School and all this other shit but if you're honestly a huge OF fan chances are you ain't really bout that nihilism life

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 7, 2012 @ 04:46 PM
oneandonly

When I first started to hear about OF last summer I thought alright they where pretty good, really liked the Earl mixtape(not a album), the yonkers musicvideo was awesome and it turned me on to Frank Ocean which is great.
but lately I have fellt that they have become quite annoying especially when you see the OF vol.2 tour, that new tv-show which is like a bad version of Tim & Eric.
Instead of focusing on making an album like OF vol.2 which was terrible they should focus on the individual artists on the label. I mean a Domo Genesis or Earl album could be quite good. and when it comes to Frank Ocean he should leave the group because then he could become bigger! He already has worked with Beyonce, Kanye & Jay-Z so they could help him on his debut album because right now the OF group is holding him back.
June 7, 2012 @ 04:50 PM
jxdodd

Frank can sing, Tyler has a few cool beats, Earl is good, Left Brain sucks.

free.

June 7, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
DarthVader

June 7, 2012 @ 04:57 PM
JohnvHarrison

OF gave frank his start but I feel like their holding him back now tho.

lol fuck are you talking about, he's about to go on a world tour w/ Coldplay, without a major debut

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

June 7, 2012 @ 04:58 PM
FLVMINCO

being into OF is more about making a statement to the people around you than it as about anything else it seems

most nerds care more about what other people think than about thinking for themselves, you know how it is

when tyler was posting the of tape and shit here way back i'd try showing it to my friends or playing it at college parties and nobody fucking liked it, they'd all complain about the dissonant beats / how weird his voice sounded etc

now everyone's a fan, go fucking figure

Lames just like hopping on the bandwagon once they see that the shits in style, just like every other no name rapper that dudes discover first.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

June 7, 2012 @ 05:05 PM

Inactive

Have you heard any of LB's beats?

June 7, 2012 @ 05:08 PM
omek

they are popular cause of their personalities and liveshows
June 7, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
LaurenHillsPubes

I fucks with them cuz they remind me of rappers like Brotha Lynch and Ganksta N-I-P and Triple 6 Mafia

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS
June 7, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
@abgohard1

they are popular because of tumblr and streetwear
June 7, 2012 @ 06:14 PM
@abgohard1

and twitter and forums
June 7, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
Foreign Society

Why the hell is Odd Future so popular?? No offence to those who like them (we all have our own opinions and tastes) but to me it isnt even rap, it just plain sucks...

this is the exact Reason why they are Popular and not to mention getting even more popular by the minute.
we live in an ODD Future and maybe these kids, movement, or what ever you wish to label them, is just another generation who is looking to identify them self just how most of US tried to do some with no success at all. Which now talk about others.... "O-F" Keep up the MADNESS...kwa-lee

Buy Sale & Trade... LIMITED Supply by Foreign Society.

June 7, 2012 @ 06:32 PM
NZOO

I messed with their early grind, but now their appeal is for kids going through puberty. If you are... I'd say over the age of 22 and you bumping OF on a daily, you need to reevaluate your life. Their popularity at this point is at it's height, but their subject matter is going to flip sooner or later as niggas age.

Don't badmind me.

June 7, 2012 @ 06:32 PM
The Fiasco

OF is popular because Tyler and Clancy are absolutely masterful at marketing. Say what you want about OF but it doesn't change the fact that this nigga Tyler seriously created an empire. Nigga has a clothing line with legit accessories not some half assed assshit, a TV show, his own recording label, and whatever else. THis nigga saw a open spot in the music industry and just ran with it. It's crazy to think that Tyler did most of this shit before he was 21. Niggas know how to market themselves on the internet and IRL which is why they are so popular. The hyper around OF Tape vol 2 was huge. I think the album itself is decent but when it came out and earl was announced back they were everywhere. Then after the hype died down they kind of disappeared but that's what they've been doing. When Wolf drops the hype will again explode and they will be on every blog just because.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

June 7, 2012 @ 06:40 PM
NZOO

OF is popular because Tyler and Clancy are absolutely masterful at marketing. Say what you want about OF but it doesn't change the fact that this nigga Tyler seriously created an empire. Nigga has a clothing line with legit accessories not some half assed assshit, a TV show, his own recording label, and whatever else. THis nigga saw a open spot in the music industry and just ran with it. It's crazy to think that Tyler did most of this shit before he was 21. Niggas know how to market themselves on the internet and IRL which is why they are so popular. The hyper around OF Tape vol 2 was huge. I think the album itself is decent but when it came out and earl was announced back they were everywhere. Then after the hype died down they kind of disappeared but that's what they've been doing. When Wolf drops the hype will again explode and they will be on every blog just because.

I wouldn't expect much from Wolf tbh Earl might be only thing to get blogs buzzin.

Don't badmind me.

June 7, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
kelleydenham

I remember seeing an article on here in like January 2011 talking about OF and all their stuff just clicked with me. I'm still into their music even though most of my friends aren't really into them anymore. They get alot of hate on the forums, but I think its more hate on their fans than their grind or music. Even though I like OF, the majority of their fans fuckin' suck.

FOR SALE >>> Bape XXL tees and Nike Dunk Low Pro B Size 10 - PM me! #GardnerGang #FloralFam

June 7, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
linsanity

suspended

hodgy and mike g aren't bad either. just sayin'
June 7, 2012 @ 06:56 PM
Sk00tZ

...their appeal is for kids going through puberty. If you are... I'd say over the age of 22 and you bumping OF on a daily, you need to reevaluate your life.

The truth.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
PERFECT WHITE MALE

hodgy and mike g aren't bad either. just sayin'

Hodgy is the worst rapper in the group.
June 7, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
LA_1201

like Lil B and Waka Flocka, I like them cuz they're entertaining

taskforce bitch mob nigga

June 7, 2012 @ 07:09 PM
feeltheswift

like Lil B and Waka Flocka, I like them cuz they're entertaining
haha this.
June 7, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
thrillmatic

...their appeal is for kids going through puberty. If you are... I'd say over the age of 22 and you bumping OF on a daily, you need to reevaluate your life.

The truth.

Sounds about right.

lol at OF hype. they actually have talent and fans, even tho OF fans are creepy and annoying. the initial hype died a year ago. like em or not they're the most talented group in hip hop to surface probably in the last 10 years.

Not so. That title belongs to those presented below.

However, I will say that OF is unique and really appeals to their demographic, and that Tyler as a mogul is moving up to the likes of Diddy and Jay-Z.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

June 7, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
playboyxxx

idk, i liked OF at first cause they had different sound. dont really fuck with the kill ppl burn shit shit but that production on rolling papers is piff and bastard the album is really fucking creative and well put together. earl can spit, obviously. frank is dope, jet age is fire, mellowhype is straight, etc. etc. They're actually talented. the only thing that makes them kinda gay is their fanbase of the kids that purely like them from that "rape/kill" standpoint and only listen to tyler's dark shit and wear fake preme and knee socks. all that aside though, i have no problems with OFs popularity. they are what they are. and dude above is right, OF and black hippy is the two most talented hip hop collectives to be hot since g unit/dipset era

pink like hamilton

June 7, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
DarthVader

I don't think he's referring to his beats. If so, then that statement is untrue.
June 8, 2012 @ 05:13 AM
bonemarrow

they try to be controversial

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

June 8, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
LA_1201

but if you wanna talk about hip hop groups, slaughterhouse>>>>>

taskforce bitch mob nigga

June 8, 2012 @ 07:57 AM
jxdodd

I don't think he's referring to his beats. If so, then that statement is untrue.

What I've heard I didn't like, I guess I should given it more listens before I say he straight up sucks.

free.

June 8, 2012 @ 09:07 AM
northbayx415

if it wuznt for dem then op wouldnt know about dis site or supreme.....
1. y makin a fukin thread for sumthin dat already exists
2. u and the other 2011/12 fuk boiz needa stop dissing OF as a way to look lyke u been down wit dis subculture of streetwear from the get go

Everytime i read someones response that types like this, I imagine myself reading it like a retard!

But odd future is aight...... Nothing special, too me.

TPTB Coming Soon!

June 8, 2012 @ 10:38 AM
LookItsABigAssBeetle

If you just look at OF as some immature kids, that make horrorcore music, there SO much more to them. Like they don't be really make that rap in a way. Like when I started listening to OF and started going deeper in there, there was like this fucking secret destiny in me that just opened up and like I start hearing the music the instruments in the beats, the progression of beats. idk. it's hard to explain. very few people probably know what I'm saying. lol.
June 8, 2012 @ 12:41 PM
Derrick Kayo

Never like OF, Black version of ICP

Please login first to reply.