March 2, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
secret genius

do u view me? do u see my maneuvers?

March 2, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
Quincy Banks

Reminds me of when he made "Katrina Klap"...

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

March 2, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
ksj

I find it very ironic that Mos is in a nice studio rapping about struggles, indirectly mocking the message and idea of the original Niggas in Paris.

The song is great until the end where he brings politics into it. Rappers should leave politics out of their songs because they end up sounding like ignorant fuckers.
March 2, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
Quincy Banks

Mos Def is actually educated in politics though...

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

March 2, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
tomee

I find it very ironic that Mos is in a nice studio rapping about struggles, indirectly mocking the message and idea of the original Niggas in Paris.

The song is great until the end where he brings politics into it. Rappers should leave politics out of their songs because they end up sounding like ignorant fuckers.

it's about the message. i agree wit u doe. should only be right if someone with the struggles would make that
March 3, 2012 @ 12:08 AM
big4slick20

SICK
March 3, 2012 @ 02:13 AM
Deweze

Ksj what are you even talking about, how would he get his message out clearly using shitty studios?
March 3, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
drtmcgrt

it's about the message. i agree wit u doe. should only be right if someone with the struggles would make that

smh the message would never get out there if this was the case. respect mos for doing this, he's always been real.

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

March 3, 2012 @ 02:48 AM

lol @ kids complaining about mos talking about politics

have you ever heard a mos def song before this? besides ms. fat booty?

PERSONAL FAVORITES V2 and V3 (both active!) - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187061 http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/196716

March 3, 2012 @ 03:01 AM
Shanklin

^Lol im sayin right

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

March 3, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
$$$$$

Lol at niggas tryna say what HE should and shouldn't rap about.
Hiphop is all about self expression and saying what you think.
March 3, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
xzther

lol @ kids complaining about mos talking about politics

have you ever heard a mos def song before this? besides ms. fat booty?

This.
March 3, 2012 @ 07:27 AM

Inactive

da fuck are you talking about what part was ignorant the part about "Allah" well all praise is due to the most high...he changed his name to Yasiin Bey you cant not expect some islamic like message.
March 3, 2012 @ 10:56 AM
DhA

Erm he got schooled by Hitchens in the first minute dude, Mos Def obviously hates America and he's rich enough to leave, so why doesn't he go live in some Islamic country if he thinks their values are so much better?
March 3, 2012 @ 04:03 PM
ksj

da fuck are you talking about what part was ignorant the part about "Allah" well all praise is due to the most high...he changed his name to Yasiin Bey you cant not expect some islamic like message.

Was I talking about religion?

And most guys miscomprehended (gee what a surprise) what I meant when I mentioned the nice studio. I was referring to the video. I find it to be very hypocritical and ironic to make a music video for a song that talks about struggles in a nice studio. Wrong place to shoot a video when rapping about social issues.
March 3, 2012 @ 04:43 PM

And most guys miscomprehended (gee what a surprise) what I meant when I mentioned the nice studio. I was referring to the video. I find it to be very hypocritical and ironic to make a music video for a song that talks about struggles in a nice studio. Wrong place to shoot a video when rapping about social issues.

thats still fucking retarded.

PERSONAL FAVORITES V2 and V3 (both active!) - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187061 http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/196716

March 3, 2012 @ 05:05 PM
SFCA

I love Mos

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

March 3, 2012 @ 05:56 PM
ksj

thats still fucking retarded.

Thank you for contributing an intellectual rebuttal.
March 3, 2012 @ 06:24 PM
I.Run.Bad

you obviously are oblivious to the definition of a hypocrite. he's not opposed to people bettering themselves. he has a nice studio because he loves making music and when you love doing something you want to produce your craft at the highest quality possible. people would contribute an "intellectual" rebuttal if they were dealing with an "intellectual" person.
March 4, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
Quincy Banks

Erm he got schooled by Hitchens in the first minute dude, Mos Def obviously hates America and he's rich enough to leave, so why doesn't he go live in some Islamic country if he thinks their values are so much better?

Fight or flight response yo...

March 4, 2012 @ 07:11 PM
damnwitless1

you obviously are oblivious to the definition of a hypocrite. he's not opposed to people bettering themselves. he has a nice studio because he loves making music and when you love doing something you want to produce your craft at the highest quality possible. people would contribute an "intellectual" rebuttal if they were dealing with an "intellectual" person.

This.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

March 5, 2012 @ 07:13 AM
statementax

dam alot of back and forth going on in here,

can't we all just agree that mos did his thing on the track, mos put out a good track and there are people in here telling him what he should be doing.

words of advice, do youuuuu

Please login first to reply.