January 9, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
filthavenue

How did this beef even start? Lol, its random as fuck.

http://filthavenue.tumblr.com/

January 9, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
DStyles

How did this beef even start? Lol, its random as fuck.

Common was salty that his album flopped

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

January 9, 2012 @ 11:21 PM
zuesmc2000

Just goes to show you how sad the state of hip hop really is. Drake would have never had a career if he was coming up between 1995-2000.
January 9, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
DStyles

Just goes to show you how sad the state of hip hop really is. Drake would have never had a career if he was coming up between 1995-2000.

Nikka stfu

you act like if your supreme/skinny jeans wearing ass was even alive back then

January 9, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

Yall honestly think Common is soft? He's from the SOUTHSIDE of Chicago lmao yall serious right now? Just cuz he promotes positive music don't mean he's a pussy by any means

www.NickyDsss.com

January 10, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

Inactive

umm, who gives a flipping fuck about a "hip hop head"?

common is trying to appeal to MASSES not HIP HOP HEADS. stfu. common is a grown man he knows he needs sales..

Awesteez, you are so typical. Name calling, etc BLAH BLAH YAP YAP. you have your opinion, i have mine. Keep it moving...

med. dp tnf/400+fees. hmu

January 10, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
silent AlaRM

common is trying to appeal to MASSES not HIP HOP HEADS. stfu. common is a grown man he knows he needs sales..

Awesteez, you are so typical. Name calling, etc BLAH BLAH YAP YAP. you have your opinion, i have mine. Keep it moving...

Word.. Album Sales actually say something about the artist themselves. So this 'Sales don't matter' line needs to go.
January 10, 2012 @ 12:13 AM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

Sales don't define anything about an artist besides their popularity... We all know that popularity does not = skill so it's irrelevant as to who is better

www.NickyDsss.com

January 10, 2012 @ 12:15 AM
ksj

Fuck you guys, Common is better than Drake. And if they really go another round Common will obliterate Drake's pussy into the abyss of society.

Fuck Drake. Especially when it is someone who is as decorated as Common. Fuck you guys.
January 10, 2012 @ 12:20 AM
Brooklyn_718

lololololololololol

OHH shit lol I never seen this. I really didn't get the Destiny's Child sample but this dude Common knows what the fuck he's doing. lol

Word.. Album Sales actually say something about the artist themselves. So this 'Sales don't matter' line needs to go.

Your right sales matter to the artist when their pocketing the money from it. It means absolutely nothing to you. This is music (art) you guys are talking as if you have investments/shares in "DRAKE" or something. None of you get a return on the album sales of "Take Care", so why brag about the money he's accumulating ? Children I tell you...
January 10, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

Kitty, you are actually one of the stupidest people I've ever encountered. Your honest argument is that because Com's album sales are low, he is a worse artist than Drake.

I don't even have words to describe your stupidity. "classics to who?" Classics to hip hop heads...you do realize that album sales are usually a reflection of what 13 year old suburban white girls listen to, right? In fact, your niece (and you) are perfect examples of this. You really think how many people know something effects whether it's good or not? True hypebeast mentality.

Drake is a faggot

kept it a hunned thou, respect

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

January 10, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

oh and maybe some of you guys are new here so I'll let you in on a little secret, DStyles is trolling you

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

January 10, 2012 @ 01:06 AM

Inactive

Must I really have to put on my kitty cape and come explain it down to you helpless chumps?

These rap artists are ENTERTAINERS. They want to have people LIKE THEM, so they can CONTINUE their ENTERTAINER CAREER. It is ALL they have and most USUALLY don't have anything PRIOR. They don't have college degrees or any ESTATES or COMMERCIAL VALUE PROPERTY.

*sigh*

They want to ENTERTAIN and GENERATE REVENUE for themselves. IN ORDER for them to DO THAT, they need a "GIMMICK". TECH N9NE has a POWERFUL GIMMICK (Hence his RAP STYLE, HAIR, ETC) and APPEALS TO MASSES THUS making him the #1 INDEPENDENT RAPPER EVER.

CASH MONEY RECORDS had a GIMMICK.
DRAKE has a GIMMICK & LOOKS & RELEVANT STYLE, A CONNECTION TO NICKELODEON,ETC and is able to APPEALS to a LARGER MASS than that of COMMON'S.

[suspending caps emphasis]

Common is running around grabbing kanye and alternative artists to try to appeal to a greater mass and accumulate more revenue. There is no skill in rap, it's only talent, Some are natural born MC's while others who try extremely hard and can barely amount to that who is born with skill. I have no idea what you are talking about skill? Learning a skill takes a while, it is not easy to have agility overnight, you have to train for a extrenuous amount of time. Common is just a smooth thinker and probably truthfully has a skill in coming up with smooth sounding rhymes, maybe he has a talent with women, as it matches his personality, but that could just be successful gimmick and he could be acting entirely different off camera, for example - CHRIS BROWN, Mr. Perfect on record but a damn baboon off mic.

I'm just saying from my own standpoint.

January 10, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
WCDon

Fuck all yall salty ass niggas brah real talk one hunnit

Niggas in the game need to show love to otha niggas. Wtf is this OG mothafucka dissin a yung simp nigga like Drake? I aint even fuck wit Drake and his lil OVOXOFAGGOSIMPO movement or watever but niggas need to show love b real talk. My nigga ASAP aint get salty when the OG nigga Soulja jacked his LiveLoveAsap cover. He played it cool brah. Thats why I fuck with him so much. Common needs to take his dick out his ass and get his shit together. Niggas steppin outta they lanes.

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

January 10, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
Skunk 4 Prez

Damn common got him good
January 10, 2012 @ 01:17 AM

Inactive

"you canada dry"

*crickets*

January 10, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
BuddyOmar

Damn Common let buddy know what's goodie. Such a random fucking beef, but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

January 10, 2012 @ 01:27 AM
DStyles

Must I really have to put on my kitty cape and come explain it down to you helpless chumps?

These rap artists are ENTERTAINERS. They want to have people LIKE THEM, so they can CONTINUE their ENTERTAINER CAREER. It is ALL they have and most USUALLY don't have anything PRIOR. They don't have college degrees or any ESTATES or COMMERCIAL VALUE PROPERTY.

*sigh*

They want to ENTERTAIN and GENERATE REVENUE for themselves. IN ORDER for them to DO THAT, they need a "GIMMICK". TECH N9NE has a POWERFUL GIMMICK (Hence his RAP STYLE, HAIR, ETC) and APPEALS TO MASSES THUS making him the #1 INDEPENDENT RAPPER EVER.

CASH MONEY RECORDS had a GIMMICK.
DRAKE has a GIMMICK & LOOKS & RELEVANT STYLE, A CONNECTION TO NICKELODEON,ETC and is able to APPEALS to a LARGER MASS than that of COMMON'S.

[suspending caps emphasis]

Common is running around grabbing kanye and alternative artists to try to appeal to a greater mass and accumulate more revenue. There is no skill in rap, it's only talent, Some are natural born MC's while others who try extremely hard and can barely amount to that who is born with skill. I have no idea what you are talking about skill? Learning a skill takes a while, it is not easy to have agility overnight, you have to train for a extrenuous amount of time. Common is just a smooth thinker and probably truthfully has a skill in coming up with smooth sounding rhymes, maybe he has a talent with women, as it matches his personality, but that could just be successful gimmick and he could be acting entirely different off camera, for example - CHRIS BROWN, Mr. Perfect on record but a damn baboon off mic.

I'm just saying from my own standpoint.

kept it a hunned thou, respect

January 10, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
Bids

You think I care what your little niece likes. She likes what everyone else likes that's what kids do until they develop their own tastes (if they ever do).

I'm not hating on Drake he's great but Common is far ahead right now. What happens later is yet to be seen, but I'm sure any true MC would agree with me. Rakim Nas Jay-Z none of those guys would say Drake is above Common. Drake is certainly one of the most talented (musically creative) artists with a shit ton of potential and I enjoy his shit, but lets be real here.

Realest shit here.
January 10, 2012 @ 01:37 AM
bridger

I think, personally, that Drake is on the rise and Common kind of on his way down. Common was a legend. But that's just it, HE WAS A LEGEND. He really isn't anymore. Did you hear his recent album? All the while Drake has dropped solid mixtapes and one of the best album's of the year. A battle would be a sight to see though but I really doubt shit like that will ever happen. Common no doubt has skill but I'm startin to think Drake has him. Drakes verse on that song was straight fire, and it had some length to it. Common's was ok but it was a little short and wasn't clever. I have nothing but respect for Common but he shouldn't start somthin that when he is obviously not at a high point in his career. Old Common =/= new common. OVOXO.
January 10, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
zuesmc2000

Nikka stfu

you act like if your supreme/skinny jeans wearing ass was even alive back then

Drake grouppies easily identified
January 10, 2012 @ 02:08 AM
Moises Arias

lol @ niggas acting like common dont got money. every rap artist expect for jay, kanye, em,lil wayne,50 cent, and rick ross will tell you that album sales aint nothing compared to that tour money. Plus he has a very successful acting career. Common is atleast the top 20 most paid rappers. But if you compare these two artist at their prime drake currently beats common. Drake works harder and knows how to make records that sell. And while Drake might not have better lyrics than common his flow and delivery is on par with him if not better at times

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

January 10, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
NOVUS IMPERIUM co.

Lol all you guys on Drakes side are straight faggots.
Drake targets a teenage girl fanbase.
Common is better on many levels.

/thread

www.novusimperiumclothing.bigcartel.com

January 10, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
BruhMan

Yall honestly think Common is soft? He's from the SOUTHSIDE of Chicago lmao yall serious right now? Just cuz he promotes positive music don't mean he's a pussy by any means

I've been informed by some old heads from the Chi that Common was heavy in the streets in the 80s/early 90s...he was/is a member of the Black Stones gang out there...Common is not a bitch by any means. I fucks with Drake, I fucks with Common. It's foul how folks treat artists as "has beens", the game may change, but music lasts forever and Common has many classics under his belt. Basically it's showing that if Drake falls off next year y'all niggas just gonna jump ship. Trends come and go. Drake wouldn't have been as popular in the 90s but that doesn't mean he isn't good. Gauging what's good off of record sales is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
January 10, 2012 @ 02:35 AM
JimmyRS

The fucked up thing about this topic is that niggas are acting as if being a "pioneer" of any particular thing makes you automatically better...

That "pioneer" might be overall more influential and cherished in the long run; doesn't mean he's better than current people.

That being said, I enjoy both artists' music. I think as far as bars go in this particular scenario, Drake has been the better one thus far.
January 10, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
Pretty Joseph

lololololololololol

OHH shit lol I never seen this. I really didn't get the Destiny's Child sample but this dude Common knows what the fuck he's doing. lol

Your right sales matter to the artist when their pocketing the money from it. It means absolutely nothing to you. This is music (art) you guys are talking as if you have investments/shares in "DRAKE" or something. None of you get a return on the album sales of "Take Care", so why brag about the money he's accumulating ? Children I tell you...

but yo

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

January 10, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
Bids

I fuck with Drake, dude's lyricss and delivery are on point - yeah he even hits the whole teen girl population but he's also a younger dude, can't fault him for that and he's still getting money.

Fact of the matter is the Common is one of the reasons why dude's like Drake are at it today. Common embodies hip-hop, I don't give a fuck if he went in over Drakes same beat he WENT IN, period.

This shit should get interesting, I hope.
January 10, 2012 @ 02:39 AM

Inactive

lol @ niggas acting like common dont got money. every rap artist expect for jay, kanye, em,lil wayne,50 cent, and rick ross will tell you that album sales aint nothing compared to that tour money. Plus he has a very successful acting career. Common is atleast the top 20 most paid rappers. But if you compare these two artist at their prime drake currently beats common. Drake works harder and knows how to make records that sell. And while Drake might not have better lyrics than common his flow and delivery is on par with him if not better at times

Not sure if you are aware of what you are saying completely but with this said,

[point proven, case closed]

January 10, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
Quincy Banks

Drake's fans are as ignorant as his music

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

January 10, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
Quincy Banks

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

Please login first to reply.