SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
December 7, 2011 @ 04:35 AM
aaron

First off, I know they didn't invent the style, but those are the songs that I can think off of the top of my head.
I'm a little confused... Are these dudes really saying their entire verse in one breath or... ?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I'm just wondering how they would get multiple takes to smooth and click in together so well..

part of it is the heart.

December 8, 2011 @ 01:14 AM
leonmarin

Mind Checking Out This New Music Video I Did? Just Want Some Feedback. Good & Bad. Doesn't Matter.

- L.M.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:52 AM
Deweze

It's definitely possible to do rigamortis with a quick breathe between verse and chorus
December 8, 2011 @ 10:32 AM
DARKLEE º

First off, I know they didn't invent the style, but those are the songs that I can think off of the top of my head.
I'm a little confused... Are these dudes really saying their entire verse in one breath or... ?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I'm just wondering how they would get multiple takes to smooth and click in together so well..

there's actually a technique called "punching in" in recording where at the start of a second take you record the last line you said then cut it out and it gets the transitions to sound really natural. it's used a lot when someone keeps fucking up at the end but the beginning is on point, but yeah, it's also possible to do it one take if you can control your breaths pretty well.

and in the case of Kendrick, he does what he does really well and I'm sure he just runs through the whole verse, that's why at the end of the last verse you hear the stress in his voice as he speeds up

@niftyneek | baadhabits.tumblr.com | nikodarklee.tumblr.com | soundcloud.com/nikodarklee

December 8, 2011 @ 10:34 AM
welowerclass

Usually its all one take verse wise, but I can say that with certainty for Rigormortis. Especially on the last verse where his voice slowly goes higher cause he's running out of breath. It helps he has a laidback flow, exerts less energy than someone like Kanye

welowerclass

December 8, 2011 @ 01:12 PM
Zabuza

i would say someone like k.dot would do it in a full verse but he has been long winded so after a long time you can just complete a 10 in one breath plus certain words give you time to breath without it taking up space.
December 8, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
@abgohard1

kendrick be tryna kill himself on a track, the nigga is crazy
December 8, 2011 @ 08:54 PM
Homes

word it is hard to tell, but like other people have said, you can usually tell if people are doing it one take. Like Kendrick's voice gets higher, his flow isn't always perfectly on-beat (which they would have fixed if he was punching in), and his tone changes fluidly (if their voice goes from being one tone to another really quickly, like unrealistically, you can normally tell that thats where they punched in). Like Drake probably has to punch in because there's no way he could do a long verse without breathing and hit all those notes that he's hitting and witht he same strength all the way throughout.

Please login first to reply.