Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 2, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
NapoleonComplex

Career ending shit right here

http://www.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16074-camp/

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

December 2, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
ouija

1.6 out of 10? Get the F' out of here, I was a bit disappointed with the album myself, but come on. The reviewer talking about Gambino's fake persona, but I think it's extremely genuine. And then he says there's no validity to black kids growing up not feeling comfortable at white indie rock shows and uses Jay Z seeing Grizzly Bear live at a festival that Jay was already performing at and there for, to prove his point.

I have no problem with you not liking the album, but to rate this as basically one of the 3 worst albums of the year or whatever it comes out to be?
December 2, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
ouija

And the ending quote really rubbed me the wrong way to, as if the artists named are similar to one another.

I just have to assume Glover has completely ignored the success of Lil B, Main Attrakionz, Curren$y, Kendrick Lamar, Odd Future, Danny Brown, and especially Das Racist when he meekly moans, "Is there room in the game for a lame that rhymes/ And wears short shorts and tells jokes sometimes?" It's the perfect summation of Camp: preposterously self-obsessed, but not the least bit self-aware. Tell me that ain't insecure.
December 2, 2011 @ 08:01 PM
GoRubio

I've always hated Pitchfork. I don't read any of their reviews. They're just cynical hipsters who try to fine faults in all albums, and all their reviews are biased as well. All the albums they gave perfect 10s or surprisingly good scores, they're just artists that are hyped up around the time. I mean hell, they gave every single one of Lil B's mixtapes like an 8 or higher. Then look at what they gave the old N.E.R.D. albums. None of them break a 6. Hell, they gave "Fly or Die" a 4. Fuck Pitchfork.
December 2, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
Lucki_Caesar

That was unnecessary chicken riding.
December 3, 2011 @ 12:02 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Pitchfork just biased thats all. I ain een mad doe
December 3, 2011 @ 12:16 AM
TheAbstrakt

i dont like cb that much but damn dude was mad af. lmao at 1.6

but i agree that he did try to get that kanye sound on camp
December 3, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
UnkwnJoy

I liked the album, all that matters
December 3, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
Beach2theBay

Giving it a 1.6 is some spiteful shit. I bet Donald fucked his bitch. If I didn't like an album that much I'd just give it a 0 or maybe a 1 because at least they made something. That .6 is salt in the wound haha,
December 3, 2011 @ 12:53 AM
Anti-Hero

I don't even like Childish Gambino that much, but if he can make a nigga as salty as that critic, then god damn, I'm a fucking fan now.

Most critics are mad dumb anyways, I don't see this as a career ender at all. He's just going to look dumber as Glover gets more attention and likes.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

December 3, 2011 @ 01:15 AM
rocka

I thought it was gonna be worse when I read Ian Cohen.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15083-lovers-holiday/
http://iancohen.tumblr.com/post/4821652557/every-time-i-hit-the-ground-i-bounce-up-like-roundball
He hates Theophilus London (This EP did suck though). I mean hate as in what it seems actual anger.
December 3, 2011 @ 03:38 AM
cook1e

I kinda agree with the review, I also found it funny
December 3, 2011 @ 05:18 AM
murklur

"Glover's exaggerated, cartoonish flow and overblown pop-rap production are enough to make Camp one of the most uniquely unlikable rap records"

that's how i felt about his other shit as well. to each their own

but a 1.6 is ridiculous.
December 3, 2011 @ 05:50 AM
NapoleonComplex

Not even gonna lie. listened to Camp like the whole thing, kinda agree with Ian Cohen. But this nigga took it too far.

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

December 4, 2011 @ 08:54 AM
damnwitless1

smh, he's a fucking professional music critic, he gets money for airing out any grievances he has with the shit he's reviewing. And I mean, that's what Pitchfork does, they review everything under their trademarl hyper-critical lens. A lot of music can't stand up to that kind of criticism because the people making it don't keep the finer points of the music in mind during the creative process

That's why I fuck with Pitchfork honestly, the fact that they go so hard to pinpoint any kind of fuckery in terms of people's artistic integrity definitely reminds me to stay on my toes as an artist

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

December 4, 2011 @ 10:48 AM
QuailMan

okay i read the interview and all he did was say CG is unaware that you non gangster hood rap is cool now and he compared him to kanye...its like he listened to the album ready to bash it he didnt even mention songs like heartbeat, Kids and That Power which are some of the best ones and its obvious CG has some corny punchlines here and there but he ignored the great ones that were on there like damn im all for critiques and shit but this is a terrible review its not even a review tbh its just some dude bashing CG smfh pitchfork

http://yellow-stuff.com/ nigger

December 4, 2011 @ 01:23 PM
shakintheD

I agree, this album was shiity. Production was ok, lines are on par with C4 weezy, and "people hate me cus I'm black and jew".
Sit down CG, I enjoyed the dudes first mixtapes but this album just fucking sucked. Is it because I can't relate to it?
December 4, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
Zé Pequeno

All ya'll niggas bitching about the review just peep this joint and tell me what it deserved

At least dude went easy on him

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

December 4, 2011 @ 05:37 PM
HH

yeah i have a couple of duke's mixtapes but i can't make it past 3 songs in on this album. fucking horrible. his voice makes me cringe, he's corny as fuck, he's just altogether a horrible package as a rap artist. fuck childish gambino
December 4, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
bonemarrow

i don't agree with that way they review their albums like they used to hate hip-hop and now they praise all the alt hip hop artists

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

December 4, 2011 @ 10:18 PM
IdrisElba

oh man, that heartbeats song is fucking wank. 1.6 or 2.7, it's still a shitty mixtape. Fuck Pitchfork, for always turning a good thing bad, and raising a generation of shallow little melts who can't formulate their own opinions.
December 4, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
damnwitless1

lol at a review "turning a good thing bad"

December 4, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
NZOO

Reviewed or not heard this dude on radio, his flow/bars straight gimmick.

Don't badmind me.

December 5, 2011 @ 01:31 AM
QuailMan

smh gambino gets so much hate but is so much better than the niggas most ppl listen to Camp was ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THIS YEAR EASILY.....whatever

http://yellow-stuff.com/ nigger

December 5, 2011 @ 01:37 AM
StephonPurham

December 5, 2011 @ 02:36 AM
Eaton

i don't respect anybody whose profession it is to critique another persons body of work. Especially when the body of work required months/years of hard work rather than the 30 minutes it took to write a lengthy article stuffed with as many big words and pop culture comparisons as possible. this goes for movie/tv critics as well and a number of sports writers.

and i hated camp/childish gambino by the way. i just really hate people who write critical reviews of things.

and no, i dont have to 'respect' it just because the guy gets paid to do it.

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

December 5, 2011 @ 02:50 AM
Anti-Hero

^^
truth

December 5, 2011 @ 02:58 AM
Constellations

i don't respect anybody whose profession it is to critique another persons body of work. Especially when the body of work required months/years of hard work rather than the 30 minutes it took to write a lengthy article stuffed with as many big words and pop culture comparisons as possible. this goes for movie/tv critics as well and a number of sports writers.

and i hated camp/childish gambino by the way. i just really hate people who write critical reviews of things.

and no, i dont have to 'respect' it just because the guy gets paid to do it.

i feel dis tbh

\X/

December 5, 2011 @ 03:04 AM
damnwitless1

psh, people take months and years of hard work to make wack bullshit and you know it. Doesn't mean you have to agree wit dude's opinion but he's a writer, an art itself, and his whole bag is to share his concise well worded thoughts on the topic.

Here's an album. What do you think of it?

Simple. It's really not even that big of a deal, people just get butthurt when somebody logically maps out why music they like sucks balls. Like, as opposed to getting pissed off at what he's saying why not like, consider that it just might be a halfway reasonable opinion?

December 5, 2011 @ 03:11 AM
Anti-Hero

critics aren't artist, homeboy.^^

Please login first to reply.