Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 3, 2011 @ 12:05 AM
JohnvHarrison

You fucks are so ridiculous lol I'm as much an OF Fan as anybody else, but really now, "The Earl Era"? Lmao, please come with a better arguement than that. Don't make all of us look like idiots.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

December 3, 2011 @ 12:55 AM
WCDon

Had mad potential but the stars werent perfectly aligned.
I mean Earl got sent out, Domo G and Mike G devalues the groups image and make wack music, not letting Vince Join because Tyler is bitchmade etc
Could have taken over tbh

And you making wack ass OF shirts...

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

December 3, 2011 @ 01:14 AM
thepat

they just finished a world tour.

cmon now
December 3, 2011 @ 01:16 AM
Koven

When all I said and done, they will have a strong touring career

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

December 3, 2011 @ 02:39 AM
cheezyDaba

December 3, 2011 @ 02:55 AM
TwiggyDig

I wouldn't say their 15 min is up, but their appeal is waning, and they really have to deliver to keep people interested. The same old "rape a pregnant bitch" thing isn't going to work forever. I know Tyler said he's all about evolving, which keeps me optimistic, but the fact is that another Goblin probably wont cut it for most listeners. While it was a good album, I wouldn't say it wasn't any better than Bastard (which wasn't in itself a spectacular album).

I guess my point is that their hardcore vulgar personality and wildness wont keep people interested, so if they don't start/keep making REALLY good music, they wont last.

That being said, I'm really hoping they do.
December 3, 2011 @ 03:16 AM
Yung Harvey Specter

OF is just Tyler and Frank, whenever the fuck Earl gets back im hoping he wont have lost a bar...

everyone else in OF is looking like the backburner faggots of YMCMB imo. I tried to listen to domo, but that nigga's music is garbage... like a wiz/curren$y copy smh... he can cut a single with the best of them tho

A Nigga So Young, Sandusky Tryin To Fuck Me.

December 3, 2011 @ 12:40 PM
goldANDsacks

Tyler won the vma's only because MTV wanted to claim an up & coming artist before he got big. Be realistic, how can someone who was barely known then have beaten a man who has become essentially a household name now (wiz)? Every statistical figure would have proven that Wiz should have won..

regardless of the VMA's being bullshit & just a stunt, Tyler has reached his prime. He's not getting any bigger because frankly his target crowd has been hit & people who have even a the slightest good judgement would say he's not good. Do i respect him? yes. But his time is up. The only thing OF will have working for them from will be Earl & possibly Frank Ocean but that's being somewhat optimistic.

not actually. the best new artist category is the only one voted by fans. the votes are placed via the internet. odd future gained fame from the internet. so it makes sense as the people who like tyler are also the same people who would most likely vote at all.
December 3, 2011 @ 12:40 PM
goldANDsacks

i think when its all said and done, frank ocean will be the one with the longest career.
December 3, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
bonemarrow

I mean Earl got sent out, Domo G and Mike G devalues the groups image and make wack music, not letting Vince Join because Tyler is bitchmade etc

So true. Imagine if Domo and Mike G were replaced with Casey and Vince or even if they were in the group all together. And if Earl was still here droping a new album right about now they would be even more famous then they are now. Also what if brandun never got kicked out?

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

December 3, 2011 @ 04:39 PM
InfamousZero

Tyler won the vma's only because MTV wanted to claim an up & coming artist before he got big. Be realistic, how can someone who was barely known then have beaten a man who has become essentially a household name now (wiz)? Every statistical figure would have proven that Wiz should have won..

regardless of the VMA's being bullshit & just a stunt, Tyler has reached his prime. He's not getting any bigger because frankly his target crowd has been hit & people who have even a the slightest good judgement would say he's not good. Do i respect him? yes. But his time is up. The only thing OF will have working for them from will be Earl & possibly Frank Ocean but that's being somewhat optimistic.

not actually. the best new artist category is the only one voted by fans. the votes are placed via the internet. odd future gained fame from the internet. so it makes sense as the people who like tyler are also the same people who would most likely vote at all.

prove that Tyler got more votes than Wiz. You can't because that was never made public. MTV could have just as easily made up those results.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

December 3, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
Unreachable

Frank is the only artist from OF that I continually listen to
kanyeshrug
December 3, 2011 @ 05:25 PM
rocka

I wouldn't say their 15 min is up, but their appeal is waning, and they really have to deliver to keep people interested. The same old "rape a pregnant bitch" thing isn't going to work forever. I know Tyler said he's all about evolving, which keeps me optimistic, but the fact is that another Goblin probably wont cut it for most listeners. While it was a good album, I wouldn't say it wasn't any better than Bastard (which wasn't in itself a spectacular album).

This pretty much.

I remember when Goblin was coming out he was talking about how Bastard fans weren't gonna like it because it's so different. Turned out it was pretty much the same album but boring (since I've already heard it before). Only a few tracks had something new on it. His rape/i'm crazy talk bores me to death.

Frank Ocean, Hodgy Beats, Left Brain, Super 3/Syd are all good though. Can't wait to see frank get a hit.
December 3, 2011 @ 05:32 PM
tmwtg

i think when its all said and done, frank ocean will be the one with the longest career.

This.

I think he's finally found a marketable image.
December 3, 2011 @ 07:02 PM
JohnvHarrison

So true. Imagine if Domo and Mike G were replaced with Casey and Vince or even if they were in the group all together. And if Earl was still here droping a new album right about now they would be even more famous then they are now. Also what if brandun never got kicked out?

Casey is so average his name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Domo. Casey is like a poormans Dom Kennedy, Not Really Great, But Decent Enough for people to not give a shit as long as their beats are good. And if brandun was still there it wouldn't make much of a difference, He barely collabed or produced for people in OF, he was mostly fuckin with super 3, cause nobody really fucked with him on that level, that's why him and tyler only did 2 songs together.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

December 3, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
murklur

hypebeast gone hypebeast. Go on to the next trend yall

yeah, only on HB
December 3, 2011 @ 08:09 PM
Japan4

A$AP got da juice now....*patiently waits for Earl*

rilly doe?

December 3, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
Beach2theBay

I feel the same way about Earl coming back as I do Jesus coming back. I'll believe it when I see it.
December 5, 2011 @ 06:47 PM
Mos

The Earl era hasn't even started yet, how you gonna say there 15 min is up?
THEIR WILL NEVER BE AN EARL ERA. NIGGA IS LIKE WHAT 16 NOW? HE WONT COME OUTTA THAT BOOT CAMP SCHOOL UNTIL HE'S 21. EARL = NEXT SHYNE
December 5, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
Mos

this guy said it was "cute" while it lasted wtf. only people who are saying their 15 minutes are up are people who either never liked them, or liked them and then stopped once they blew up. ****They were still selling out shows all over the world just a month ago and doing songs and hanging out with your favorite rappers.***
so does yung berg and jay electronica..... what's your point?
December 5, 2011 @ 07:29 PM
KTA

December 5, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
NoStress

A$AP got da juice now....*patiently waits for Earl*

hypebeast is the epitome of bandwagon fans

burr

December 5, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
silent AlaRM

Im only interested in Tyler's music anyways...
December 6, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
mrh

frank ocean definitely will be here for a long time

when im fucked up and come across random animals, i always name em frank ocean. you'd be surprised the variety of species that involves at this point
December 6, 2011 @ 08:58 PM
ali.breland

Man this thread (for the most part) is pretty wack. Odd Future is hear to stay. Tyler, Frank, Earl, and Hodgy all prove that. Matt Martian has proven to be too technically good to just disappear. They all have technical prowess that alone is enough to keep them in the game, however they're all extremely orignal sounding which cements their place in music. If they do lose notoriety, at the very least they'll occupy a space in music, similar to Pharrell, in that they won't be popular, but will be critically praised, and highly influential from behind the scenes.

Additionally, they're ushering an entirely new order within hip-hop, and music in general. Odd Future is the first of much to come. The Weeknd on the R&B side evinces this, and so do guys like B L A C K I E, All Caps With Spaces, and Death Grips on the more punk-rap end. I wrote a full article about it here: http://dailytexanonline.com/life-and-arts/2011/09/13/hip-hop-exhibits-punk-diy-attributes

Not to promote myself, it just has more drawn out warrants, and better arguments that I don't have time to put in here

Also you use of arabic numerals is cute, but incorrect. you put an e sound, not a 0.

And for Mos, Earl is 17 turning 18 this February, whether or not he will leave at 18 or 21 has yet to be determined.

http://alibreland.tumblr.com

December 6, 2011 @ 11:49 PM

Inactive

Naw sorry bro^ Odd Future is dead, as a collective. They might have some 13 y.o emos, still banging their head to their shit in the future, but that's about it. Odd Future was just a whole lot of buzz, up on buzz, up on buzz, without much substance.
I never saw the appeal of the group.

I do believe that Frank Ocean will get it in for the mainstream audience though.
December 7, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
ali.breland

Naw sorry bro^ Odd Future is dead, as a collective. They might have some 13 y.o emos, still banging their head to their shit in the future, but that's about it. Odd Future was just a whole lot of buzz, up on buzz, up on buzz, without much substance.
I never saw the appeal of the group.

I do believe that Frank Ocean will get it in for the mainstream audience though.

That's cool, but you need to have warrants to your arguments. You telling me that I'm wrong and that Odd Future is dead without out any sort of substantive logic or empirics is worthless. You can't simply say something is right or wrong, you have to say why it is right or wrong to make a real argument, otherwise you just have an empty statement.

http://alibreland.tumblr.com

December 7, 2011 @ 12:25 AM

Inactive

You can't simply say something is right or wrong

Sorry bro, I simply can
December 7, 2011 @ 12:50 AM
steelobeats

LOL DIS BITCH ASS VIRGIN ARAB be da biggest hata i sweaar/ nigga y u mad? cuz u broke bucktown ass beggin for change at the bodega beggin for letha l lipps looking bitches to blow/ u aint do shit nigga besidez post topicz for niggas to do yo elemntary programming skills, at least that dat nigag tot money and got grupies now, what you 9.11 ass nigga

What in the hell did you just say?? Lol
December 7, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
DeezNuts

hypbeast aint hypebeast any more

Please login first to reply.