November 27, 2011 @ 03:20 AM
$$$$$

Who you think is better?
November 27, 2011 @ 04:40 AM
WOLFdayz

k.dot
November 27, 2011 @ 04:58 AM
iAmSofaKing

What kind of dumb question is this? Kendrick hands down, not taking anyway from Blu though.

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

November 27, 2011 @ 05:10 AM
Jay_Bird

What kind of dumb question is this? Kendrick hands down, not taking anyway from Blu though.

real talk

this nigga actually but blu up against someone cold like kendrick
November 27, 2011 @ 05:16 AM
UFO..

Kendrick, like it's not even close
November 27, 2011 @ 05:20 AM
th3kid

Kendrick makes more appealing music. Blu is more lyrical than Kendrick though.
November 27, 2011 @ 05:28 AM
Jay_Bird

you lost your damn mind
November 27, 2011 @ 05:32 AM
iAmSofaKing

Try again dude, Kendrick>Blu in every aspect of Hip Hop

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

November 27, 2011 @ 05:32 AM
KingJersey

ya niggas stoopid if its not close. Blu wins this K.dot I would say has wordplay over him
November 27, 2011 @ 05:33 AM
KingJersey

How do you think that? smh
November 27, 2011 @ 05:45 AM

Nah, you dudes definitely haven't heard HerFavoriteColor and Jesus, or even ParieArtNomee if you think K is better musically. And Blu most definitely takes the cake lyrically, sorry.

PERSONAL FAVORITES V2 and V3 (both active!) - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187061 http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/196716

November 27, 2011 @ 06:30 AM
iAmSofaKing

How do you think that? smh

Ok that was kind of a boost but Kendrick has a better flow and is lyrically superior.. Not to mention the amount of emotion he puts in his songs

November 27, 2011 @ 06:34 AM
BlakkardBlanc

this could be an interesting debate if you didn't just pick sides without giving your reasoning.

blu
below the heavens and he rfavorite color are both better than anything kendrick has released.
lyrics (world play, subject matter and metaphors) and beats on those two projects are better than anything by kendrick.
lately blu seems to not care. he drops projects with no warning and no york was far from his best work.

kendrick
only 3 projects in
in terms of flow Kendrick is better
he's better in terms of consistency as well

so far i'd have to give it to Blu. just on the strength of those two projects. when all is said and done Kendrick will be better by a mile. he hasn't done enough yet but the hype is real and he will live up to it.

BOW. ON. A. BITCH.

November 27, 2011 @ 07:07 AM

Blu definitely hasn't been careless, either the shit is completely over your head or you're not giving it a chance. No York is better than anything K Lamar has released, and is tied with HerFavoriteColor or even above it imo... go in a with an open mind. Have you heard Open, by the way? shit is insane. And Jesus is just like No York in the fact that it may take growing on you, but after 2 or 3 listens, holy fuck is that shit heavenly cool

PERSONAL FAVORITES V2 and V3 (both active!) - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187061 http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/196716

November 27, 2011 @ 07:18 AM
NoStress

I love Kendrick but Below The Heavens, J&J, NoYork and HerFavoriteColor >

burr

November 27, 2011 @ 08:06 AM
xVILLN

I love Kendrick but Below The Heavens, J&J, NoYork and HerFavoriteColor >

This.
Kendrick is dope,but he cant produce the overall chill atmosphere that blu paints in his songs.
Blu is smooth as fuck.

Kendrick cant make shit like this man

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

November 27, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
$$$$$

WTF. I had a pole but it isn't showing.
November 27, 2011 @ 03:07 PM
Kwyjibo

lol this is some homosexual shit comparing 2 rappers. you're all fucking tools

I've gone out the window

November 27, 2011 @ 04:48 PM
BlakkardBlanc

Blu definitely hasn't been careless, either the shit is completely over your head or you're not giving it a chance. No York is better than anything K Lamar has released, and is tied with HerFavoriteColor or even above it imo... go in a with an open mind. Have you heard Open, by the way? shit is insane. And Jesus is just like No York in the fact that it may take growing on you, but after 2 or 3 listens, holy fuck is that shit heavenly cool

i dont mind what he's released but the beat selection on no york is taking it too far for me personally and probably some of the other people who were fans of his earlier work. jesus is an example of how he just drops stuff without warning. he is doing it the opposite of almost every other rapper. no promotion, just solid music. kendrick will have a bigger impact because he will reach more listeners. in terms of underground rap Blu >

BOW. ON. A. BITCH.

November 27, 2011 @ 05:35 PM
Quincy Banks

Blu by a long shot.

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

November 27, 2011 @ 05:43 PM
ksj

Blu.
November 27, 2011 @ 08:36 PM
VOMITSPIT

lol you know you're on hypebeast when dudes say kendrick lamar is better than blu, or even think it's debatable.

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

November 27, 2011 @ 08:43 PM

i dont mind what he's released but the beat selection on no york is taking it too far for me personally and probably some of the other people who were fans of his earlier work. jesus is an example of how he just drops stuff without warning. he is doing it the opposite of almost every other rapper. no promotion, just solid music. kendrick will have a bigger impact because he will reach more listeners. in terms of underground rap Blu >

Who the fuck needs promotion when the music is on par or better with/than almost any other rapper putting shit out currently? And how the fuck does him dropping shit without warning make him a worse RAPPER/ARTIST than somebody else? smfh

November 27, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
sharky

right now kendrick for sure.

but if below the heavens ever drops blu's gonna take it.
both from the west coast though and i'd rather hear a collabo than pit them against each other.
November 28, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
RA*SAN

Kendrick would rap circles around Blu. There's a reason they passed him the torch. Blu is dope as hell too and I actually prefer his choice of production but kendrick has a wider range and can make any type of hiphop record. He bridges that gap between mainstream and underground better than anyone else right now.
November 28, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
Turismo Chris

Okay why are these guys EVEN bein compared?? They're both really dope and talented artists. Stuff like this is kinda ridiculous to me because everybody feels like they NEED to compare somebody to somebody else. Not sayin that I haven't done it before (which was QUITE a while ago), but people just need to acknowledge anybody thats talented. Both those dudes are on their grind and livin their dreams so we as music listeners need to respect that. I know everybodies entitled to their own opinions, it's just my ideology anyway...

Use my repcode RCKTFRSH to save 20% off ANY order!! Also LIKE me on Facebook or FOLLOW me on Twitter

November 28, 2011 @ 07:35 AM
&bullshit

I love kendrick but I would have to pick blu.

as good as section 80 was Below the heavens and that powder and oils/j & j mixtape whatever it's called were better.
just my opinion tho.

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

November 28, 2011 @ 08:36 AM
murklur

this always comes up.

i'm going blu over everyone
November 28, 2011 @ 05:35 PM
califoreigner

Hard to say who's "better" since their styles are so different. I like them both for different reasons. I will say though that if you look at training day and c4, Kendrick has shown more growth as an artist.
November 28, 2011 @ 06:18 PM
VOMITSPIT

Kendrick would rap circles around Blu.

hahahahahaha
oh silly 2011 members

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

Please login first to reply.