Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 14, 2011 @ 08:40 PM
SUBMiTMusic

^^very true my good sir^^.
November 14, 2011 @ 09:28 PM
airforce416

this dude for real
November 14, 2011 @ 10:04 PM
damnwitless1

Usually what the artist dreamed of. Public noteriety. Paying bills with their craft. Knowing that they, and their family is going to be alright financially at least. You think they got into music to stay local, 'exclusive', and broke forever?

yeah but see there's a difference between your definition of success and selling out. Everyone wants to make money and it's doable without selling out (Tech N9ne, DOOM, Atmoshphere, Murs, etc) all them n!iggas is CAKING, getting more bread than ANY of your favorite XXL freshmen from the past 3 years. How do they do that? By establishing themselves and their brand and having a group of actual fans who support their movement.

Selling out is when you knowingly stop doing what your fans like you for so that you can make more money AT ONE TIME by going the commercial route.

This doesn't count for people who have been commercial from the jump because that's what they do and that's all people expect of them but if you're making shit that has depth, creativity and nuance (Mixtape About Nothing) and then completely cast all of that off in favor of making formulaic radio songs (Ambition) then you're a sellout.

Simple see?

And before anyone says it's "growth" or "development", anything you hear on the radio was not made for it's creativity or uniqueness, it's made for it's marketability. That's the way the media industry works, give the people (en masse, the mainstream, dumbasses) what the want. Going from making genuine soul music to strip-club anthems, club bangers and songs for the ladies isn't "artistic growth", it's selling out.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

November 14, 2011 @ 11:13 PM
JayLovesPinays

I usually would say Drake sold out, but I've changed my whole thought process towards the term. I really do think he's just "growing" as an artist? I mean he used to be a legitimate conscious rapper about racism and shit, but now all he raps about is bitches and sings off tune. His music is meh now, I won't call him a sellout though cause he was always kinda soft (which is the way he is now).
November 15, 2011 @ 12:43 AM
QuailMan

Usually what the artist dreamed of. Public noteriety. Paying bills with their craft. Knowing that they, and their family is going to be alright financially at least. You think they got into music to stay local, 'exclusive', and broke forever?

yeah but see there's a difference between your definition of success and selling out. Everyone wants to make money and it's doable without selling out (Tech N9ne, DOOM, Atmoshphere, Murs, etc) all them n!iggas is CAKING, getting more bread than ANY of your favorite XXL freshmen from the past 3 years. How do they do that? By establishing themselves and their brand and having a group of actual fans who support their movement.

Selling out is when you knowingly stop doing what your fans like you for so that you can make more money AT ONE TIME by going the commercial route.

This doesn't count for people who have been commercial from the jump because that's what they do and that's all people expect of them but if you're making shit that has depth, creativity and nuance (Mixtape About Nothing) and then completely cast all of that off in favor of making formulaic radio songs (Ambition) then you're a sellout.

Simple see?

And before anyone says it's "growth" or "development", anything you hear on the radio was not made for it's creativity or uniqueness, it's made for it's marketability. That's the way the media industry works, give the people (en masse, the mainstream, dumbasses) what the want. Going from making genuine soul music to strip-club anthems, club bangers and songs for the ladies isn't "artistic growth", it's selling out.

^^THIS.

lol jay you explained how drake is a sellout then said he isnt a sellout

http://yellow-stuff.com/ nigger

November 15, 2011 @ 01:25 AM
WCDon

If you think Wale is a sellout, you obviously haven't listened to his first mixtapes, he has always rapped about ignorant shit.

Wale is just a ignorant nigger. lol

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

November 15, 2011 @ 05:21 AM
Bandwagon

damnwitless nailed it

Please login first to reply.