Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 1, 2011 @ 02:22 PM
UnaFashionista

Williams often sings in a falsetto, which he utilizes during the hook of a song.[23] Critics often say that Williams has the inability to rap or sing well,[24][25][26] but point out that his singing is better than his rapping.[27] Alasdair Lees of The Independent felt that Williams "strives for the Prince effect", but sounds like Bobby Valentino "on work experience".[26] Anthony Henriques of PopMatters noted that Williams is not a "technically gifted rapper", "does not have a beautiful voice" and his lyrics are "typically inconsequential in a "saying shit just to sound cool' sort of way", but found strengths in his choruses, which he pointed out "typically use a catchy phrase or recognizable melody as an anchor for his nonsensical verses".[28]

Pharrell also did music for the Universal film Despicable Me. The film makers liked his genre of music for the movie. Williams has encompassed a broad range of genres, including hip hop, R&B, pop, rock, and funk.[1][29] His lyrics often pertain to his childhood, family, religious faith and sexuality.[30] In the album review for Seeing Sounds by N.E.R.D, Christian Hoard of Rolling Stone felt he learned nothing from his lyrics except that Williams was sexually aroused.[31]

Williams has stated that he does not have any direct influences,[32] but has expressed his admiration of several recording artists, including Michael Jackson, J Dilla, Stevie Wonder, Donny Hathaway, Marvin Gaye, Rakim and Q-Tip.[32][33] Williams described A Tribe Called Quest's 1990 album, People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm, as a "turning point" in his life, which "made me see that music was art.

Source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharrell_Williams

I totally dont agree, many new artists is influcned by Pharrell. PEOPLE LOVEEEE the music Pharrell produces and he has produced at least 100 tracks. Rapping not good? are you sick? Lyrics nonsense? Man he's better than the most rappers out there totally underrated, lyrics has their times.. good and bad.
Hes not the BEST Singer but def a good one with falsetto.What do you think?
October 1, 2011 @ 03:04 PM
Freddie Benson

he's underrated as an artist and as a musician and one of the greatest artists of our time

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

October 1, 2011 @ 03:10 PM
rocka

He's not under or overrated. He is very well respected in the music world. Like 10 grammy noms (probably won two or three). His rapping is ok. I liked that one rap song he put out early this year. Great musician. l
October 1, 2011 @ 03:11 PM

Inactive

He's talented without a doubt. But the reason he's where he is, it's because he loves to kiss asses (I guess that's the only way you get to the top anyways)....

Have you ever seen an interview with Pharrell, where he talks about something he doesn't like/ stand for something that's against the majority?
Every interview he does: "I love, it's beautiful, really dope".
October 1, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
Remian

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Up-BfOCKg&ob=av2n

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vomCtyqa1NY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4&ob=av3e

Pharell definetly on my Top 5 Producers ever he's one of the greatest of all time to me. Fuck Da Bullshit. I think he's mad underated tho but thats because he's not dropping heat all the time these days.
October 1, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
playboyxxx

come on now. every kid growing up from our generation knows pharrell is one of the greatest

pink like hamilton

October 1, 2011 @ 03:32 PM
AIpo

[QUOTE=R
October 1, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
DStyles

He's not underrated nor overrated.

I dig his production and when he sings on hook/chorus.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 1, 2011 @ 03:42 PM
UnaFashionista

that mother****er that wrote that shit on wikipedia should get burned then shot then revived then shot again.

Which mainstream artists doesnt sing/rap about sex? Have they ever heard trey songz?

Nonsense lyrics? Kanye, Lil wayne?

Singing? Is drake,kanye or lil wayne(how to love) or t-pain better?
October 1, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
Freddie Benson

i think hes overrated

but you think yung berg and bow wow are underrated so...... -___-

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

October 1, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
Gilly Suits

Replace Pharrell with Chad Hugo who is underrated as a producer [write most of chords and melodies for Neptunes but you always hear Pharrell is so great never Chad]

Culective.com //

October 1, 2011 @ 04:12 PM
Butcher206

Overrated, he's a good producer but fell off. Always been a below average singer and a fucking awful rapper.
October 1, 2011 @ 04:14 PM

Inactive

Lmao Chad Hugo is way better than pharell. Listen to Kenna's 'make sure the see my face'. It's clear who has the ear for darker, tenser shit... Pharell is cotton candy lmao. Chad prolly produced most of the shit on clipse's he'll hath no fury.
October 1, 2011 @ 04:40 PM
CONQ

Overrated... da ♥♥♥♥♥ chad hugo is the real boss

edit: Pharrell writes some dope hooks thats for sure, but the majority of beats are a result of chads genius
October 1, 2011 @ 04:41 PM
silent AlaRM

Lmao Chad Hugo is way better than pharell. Listen to Kenna's 'make sure the see my face'. It's clear who has the ear for darker, tenser shit... Pharell is cotton candy lmao. Chad prolly produced most of the shit on clipse's he'll hath no fury.

way off topic... but nah Pharrell is a talented musician, his album was dope to me. But he's obviously beyond that he has other venture's like BBC that keep him relevant even when he doesn't do music. I feel like he's underated musically though.
October 1, 2011 @ 05:31 PM
DStyles

One more thing, Clipse and The Neptunes do not go well together.

Had to get that off my chest.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 1, 2011 @ 05:38 PM
Japan4

Skateboard P is overrated....I have yet to see him do a kick flip. And BBC has no aesthetic other than Pharrell Latched on to Nigo's nuts and got him to make shit for him. I seen Chad do bmx tricks....that shit was cray.

rilly doe?

October 1, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
Jay_Bird

he's underrated as an artist and as a musician and one of the greatest artists of our time

i agree nerd - fly or die

could be my favorite album of all time

no lie

that cd will never get old to me

AND I AGREE

HAVE ANYONE EVEN SEEN PHARRELL GO A FUCKING KICKFLIP,HELL I HAVENT EVEN SEEN HIM DO AN OLLIE
October 1, 2011 @ 05:59 PM
.emaN

you're fucking dumb
October 1, 2011 @ 05:59 PM
Jay_Bird

Overrated... da ♥♥♥♥♥ chad hugo is the real boss

edit: Pharrell writes some dope hooks thats for sure, but the majority of beats are a result of chads genius

this is the dumbest shit ever, i hate when people say this

you could be liking a beat that pharrell did the majority on, and you thinking chad did it
October 1, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
RA*SAN

I think he's gotten the credit he deserves. Pharrell has placed his stamp on the game and influenced this generation in a variety of ways through music and style.
October 1, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
NoStress

If you think Pharrel is overrated your out of your mind. He might be the most consistent producer out right now. His rapping is w/e, but he can sing the fuck out of a hook doe. He's versatile as fuck too.

burr

October 1, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
Mo Helio

I respect Pharrel for his accomplishments and his success as a musician. But theres very few Neptunes produced songs that Im a fan of. Just not my thing.
October 1, 2011 @ 07:08 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

He's definitely underrated imo. If you think he can't rap listen to his mixtape with DJ Drama. His falsetto's are pretty dope, he sings well imo. Idk how anyone could have heard In Search of or Fly or Die and say that he's overrated. Like, this ♥♥♥♥♥ is undoubtedly one of the greatest musicians of our time. People will be talking about P forever i think.
October 1, 2011 @ 07:19 PM
AIpo

I fucking hate you. Im not you.

Anyway..

Overrated? LOL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=REsaKAWKjJk
October 1, 2011 @ 07:21 PM
basspro

i think its super ill when pharrell raps
October 1, 2011 @ 07:31 PM

Inactive

this is the dumbest shit ever, i hate when people say this

you could be liking a beat that pharrell did the majority on, and you thinking chad did it

but we know what pharrell produces on his own, and what chad produces on his own. their sounds, when not a result of their combined effort, is so fucking different. listen to pharell production and then listen to chad solo production. it's clear who brings what to the table, and it's clear who influences what, and how.
October 1, 2011 @ 08:37 PM
gamesnacks

Doesn't matter to me, all I know is the stuff he puts out is dope. I wasn't feeling his solo attempts at singing, but I respected his attempt at it. I think most of us remember him trying that and how that worked out. Delays upon delays and it seemed at some times that even he wasn't confident in himself. But, the man was instrumental in so many approaches to hip hop and pop.
October 1, 2011 @ 08:39 PM
gamesnacks

One word: GRINDIN'.

cool
October 1, 2011 @ 10:32 PM
sneakazoid

you sir are fucking retarded! they gave me some of the best cds of my adolescent years.

Please login first to reply.