SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
September 19, 2011 @ 08:13 PM
JayLovesPinays

Bow down to your maker. He loves you & he made each & every one of you in his image.

Here we discuss the many holy works of Yorkianity

All of these albums were 10/10 and no band is as consistent. I dare you to name a better band. Oh, you can't? You listen to too much hip hop? You lack musical diversity? You think Snapbacks are cool?
September 19, 2011 @ 08:17 PM
Axraexl

Naw, all there song sound similar, you know those abstract instrumental sounds that have no concrete organization origination? If thats not bad, then add the fact that the dude sounds like he is whining when he sings
You can barely decode what the lyrics are cuz its muddled in his crooning

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

September 19, 2011 @ 08:18 PM

Inactive

overrated asshole

and the OP is actin like he's special because he listens to radiohead. get over yourself.

they have 300 000 000 scrobbles on last fm. calm yo tits you fuck.
September 19, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
JayLovesPinays

Naw, all there song sound similar, you know those abstract instrumental sounds that have no concrete organization origination? If thats not bad, then add the fact that the dude sounds like he is whining when he sings
You can barely decode what the lyrics are cuz its muddled in his crooning

No way, man. The songs sound different for the most part, but of course there are gonna be some that have overlapping sounds. As for his singing, when his lyrics become seemingly indecipherable that's when he's getting into it. It's almost comparable to scat singing in Jazz.
September 19, 2011 @ 08:27 PM
JayLovesPinays

overrated asshole

and the OP is actin like he's special because he listens to radiohead. get over yourself.

they have 300 000 000 scrobbles on last fm. calm yo tits you fuck.

How am I acting special because I listen to Radiohead. Oh, you mean I think I've discovered some underground, Pitchforkcore indie band? No. I know Radiohead is hugely popular on an international level. Don't take my jesting too seriously, it's just a joke based on the general observation that the Music forum on this site leans heavily toward hip hop over rock.

So I think you're the one that needs to calm down. smile
September 19, 2011 @ 09:01 PM
xVILLN

You missed a few OP.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

September 19, 2011 @ 09:13 PM
RocketsFan14

September 19, 2011 @ 09:13 PM
RocketsFan14

missing album is missing

September 19, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
JayLovesPinays

radiohead is my favorite band of all time. thom yorke is that ♥♥♥♥♥ but did anyone find much replay value on king of limbs? Personally I didn't but imma give it another shot

I think it has nice replay value. I've listened to KoL 3-4x in its entirety.
September 19, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
WojieWorldPeace

Used to listen to In Rainbows all the time when grinding in Age of Conan lol

I <3 Radiohead

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 20, 2011 @ 02:17 AM
NeoLobster

Weezer's first 3 albums > Radiohead
September 20, 2011 @ 03:21 AM
Anti-Hero

^^you are on fucking drugs! Radiohead destroys Weezer. think about it, Weezer now resorts to collabs with Weezy and Radiohead just dropped King of Limbs.

Best thread ever, all hail Radiohead

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

September 20, 2011 @ 07:18 AM
Constellations

Radiohead has a couple really really great songs but most of the time i find their music intolerable

As for a more consistently good band, rhcp

\X/

September 20, 2011 @ 10:58 AM
Phlipstar

Love how broad their sound can get. Just listen.

If you have all the radiohead albums in a playlist and you click shuffle you'd swear it was more than one band.
September 20, 2011 @ 04:03 PM
NeoLobster

^^you are on fucking drugs! Radiohead destroys Weezer. think about it, Weezer now resorts to collabs with Weezy and Radiohead just dropped King of Limbs.

Best thread ever, all hail Radiohead

www.youtube.com/watch?v=okthJIVbi6g&ob=av3e
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spkVX8z-vs
September 20, 2011 @ 05:47 PM
JayLovesPinays

Yeah, man, I won't deny Weezer is sick (I fucking grew up on them), but I really do think Radiohead is better.
September 20, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
RocketsFan14

i've started getting into radiohead a few months ago, i've heard their first 4 albums, and i recently started listening to Weezer, only heard the blue album, but off of what i've heard, i'd say Radiohead is deffinatelly better, but Weezer is usually more enjoyable, cuz a lot of radiohead, u've gotta be in the mood for it, and a lot of it sounds better listening to the album as a whole for radiohead
September 20, 2011 @ 08:51 PM
Anti-Hero

Seriously, compare their discographies, Radiohead will blow that shit out of the water. Thom Yorke writes way better than Cuomo. I don't even know how you are comparing these bands actually, since their sounds are so different.

Yeah, man, I won't deny Weezer is sick (I fucking grew up on them), but I really do think Radiohead is better.

I'm not doubting, I grew up on Weezer as well, and I am actually a really big fan of Weezer and all the songs that Rivers Cuomo writes.

i've started getting into radiohead a few months ago, i've heard their first 4 albums, and i recently started listening to Weezer, only heard the blue album, but off of what i've heard, i'd say Radiohead is deffinatelly better, but Weezer is usually more enjoyable, cuz a lot of radiohead, u've gotta be in the mood for it, and a lot of it sounds better listening to the album as a whole for radiohead

I'd agree, albums such as Kid A are conceptual and you'd have to listen to the whole thing to actually like it, since tracks like Optimistic and In Limbo are suppose to play one after another. The only album I'd say doesn't do that is Pablo Honey.

September 20, 2011 @ 09:09 PM
yeaokwali

Lil B evolves into Thom Yorke at level 30,000. Don't believe me? Use rare candies......no but seriously Thom Yorke is that &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829; on a whole nother level>>>>>>>>>>>>>
September 20, 2011 @ 09:19 PM
RocketsFan14

I'd agree, albums such as Kid A are conceptual and you'd have to listen to the whole thing to actually like it, since tracks like Optimistic and In Limbo are suppose to play one after another. The only album I'd say doesn't do that is Pablo Honey.

yeah i'd agree, except i'd also say that each album has a few tracks that are also good separately, like optimistic is still great by itself
September 20, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
thenorthside

if you have all the radiohead albums in a playlist and you click shuffle you'd swear it was more than one band.

cool

edit: maybe not the best place to ask, but i heard this cover of 'creep' at this acid party...shit had me on a trip. female vocal over a house beat...
pretty sure it was just an acapella thrown over the beat, but if anyone could ID this track, forever e-props to that individual lol.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

September 21, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
Anti-Hero

Heads up for the lucky NY heads. Radiohead is going to be playing two shows at the Roseland Ballroom. Sept. 28&29. Tickets go on sale Sept 26.

http://groovevolt.com/?p=6557

September 21, 2011 @ 11:37 AM
NeoLobster

Thom York is a good artist I'll admit, but his stuff is too conceptual and not focused enough. I doubt he'll ever be a great artist. Pinkerton is one of the most raw and emotional albums ever recorded. Almost every single person in the world can relate to that album.
September 21, 2011 @ 01:14 PM
WojieWorldPeace

^ are you still trying to compare weezer and radiohead?

smh

King of Limbs is a solid album, not as good as In Rainbows though if you are comparing their latest 2 works...however I absolutely love the final 3 tracks on King of Limbs.

Codex
Give up the Ghost
Separator

cool

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 21, 2011 @ 01:59 PM
Anti-Hero

Thom York is a good artist I'll admit, but his stuff is too conceptual and not focused enough. I doubt he'll ever be a great artist. Pinkerton is one of the most raw and emotional albums ever recorded. Almost every single person in the world can relate to that album.

|0 pinkerton was their worse album when it first dropped, so apparently ,no one at the time, related to it at all.

Yorke's writings are very focused, they are so precise, that his songs target specific feelings instead of just broad themes that are easily related to. Whereas Rivers Cuomo does the exact opposite and writes music easily related to. They are two writers from very different ends of the spectrum, so i hardly think they are comparable in the sense that you keep pursuing. To doubt that either bands are great is nonsense, both are amazing and both employ the writings of musical geniuses.

But in terms of having a defined sound, Radiohead wins. Cuomo can't decide whether to write serious music or feel good pop music now 'n days. Radiohead is consistent.

September 21, 2011 @ 02:27 PM
JayLovesPinays

^ are you still trying to compare weezer and radiohead?

smh

King of Limbs is a solid album, not as good as In Rainbows though if you are comparing their latest 2 works...however I absolutely love the final 3 tracks on King of Limbs.

Codex
Give up the Ghost
Separator

cool

Good choices.
September 21, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
Phlipstar

Definitely gonna try to hit up that Roseland show. Tickets go on sale 2 days before if I remember correctly.

September 21, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
mhaniff

I notice alot of attention being placed on Thom here but Jonny is actually a complete musical genius; brings so much to the band. The Tourist for example I'm pretty sure is mainly his composition and is definitely one of my favourite Radiohead songs of all time.
September 21, 2011 @ 04:04 PM
ksj

OP includes The King of Limbs, but not Ok Computer or The Bends

Clearly someone who just discovered Radiohead (hence this newly created thread).

It's okay, I forgive you.
September 21, 2011 @ 05:41 PM
JayLovesPinays

OP includes The King of Limbs, but not Ok Computer or The Bends

Clearly someone who just discovered Radiohead (hence this newly created thread).

It's okay, I forgive you.

Wrong. It's called "differing opinions."

Or do you think we all should have the same favorites? smile

Please login first to reply.