Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
September 28, 2011 @ 12:50 AM
CamTitanic

I dont think he can ever top So Far Gone.

Kid's 24 haha. I feel like he has time.
September 28, 2011 @ 11:49 AM
KTA

haha no fucking kidding..i swear it was just last year he was gettin nominated for best new artist. cant please nobody anymore SMH.
September 29, 2011 @ 08:39 PM
modernmischief

Wish Drake and Nick would collab again,he could atleast put him on for basically starting Drakes career and writing some of his rhymes.

youtu.be/r8Kctk5KRQM
September 30, 2011 @ 04:50 PM
yungm

Word up. Him and Nickelus F always had some type of dope chemistry when they collab'd
September 30, 2011 @ 05:51 PM
ksj

Here is Drake's Tracklist:

1. Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
2. Black and jewish (remix feat. Wiz Khalifah)
3. I love you (feat. Lil wayne)
4. I hate my life
5. I love my life
6. Tears of a n*gga 7. I
September 30, 2011 @ 07:55 PM
BiterKids

I dont think he can ever top So Far Gone.

September 30, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
da

Headlines Video Sunday 6PM.
October 1, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
filthavenue

haha no fucking kidding..i swear it was just last year he was gettin nominated for best new artist. cant please nobody anymore SMH.

its not that he doesnt please anyone, but im being real here. Do you think he can ever make a collective of tracks as good as So Far Gone? IMO that mixtape had the perfect mix of songs that showed just how versatile of an artist Drake is. I can listen to that mixtape front to back. Even the outro was good.

Headlines and all the tracks from TML doesnt even come close to any songs off SFG. Only Trust Issues does and that's not even on Take Care.

http://filthavenue.tumblr.com/

October 1, 2011 @ 09:09 PM
CaliforniaKid

people will always say the 1st (or an early album) was the best and will never be topped.

artists evolve, change, perspectives change, they want to switch it up.

"lil wayne will never top tha carter"
"kanye will never top college dropout"
"jay-z will never top reasonable doubt"
"beethoven will never top symphony #5"

and now

"drake will never top so far gone"

People want to be so close minded and not appreciate the new art that artists put out. If you were a TRUE fan and not just a critic then you would appreciate ANY music your artist puts out as long as they are trying and making a genuine effort to make good music.
October 1, 2011 @ 09:14 PM
Beach2theBay

As soon as Drake loses someone close to him (not 40) or goes through a split or something, he'll drop another So Far Gone. He was in a certain mindset that he can't really be in considering he has everything going for him right now.

I bet that R&B mixtape he put on hold is some serious shit, and I'm glad he's putting it off for the reason he is.

I agree with this. So Far Gone is so good because he was still hungry on that tape it was was just some raw ass music. He recorded that shit in a hotel room. Now he has a platinum record and is touring all over the world so he doesn't have to try as hard. That's the reason people always say "x will never top x-album." Artists usually work hard to make an impact on their first album because that's often make or break.

Also, now that he has fame he has to maintain it and expand it so he has to make softer, radio friendly music. I doubt he was thinking about making a universally accepted mixtape when he made SFG.
October 1, 2011 @ 09:53 PM
filthavenue

people will always say the 1st (or an early album) was the best and will never be topped.

artists evolve, change, perspectives change, they want to switch it up.

"lil wayne will never top tha carter"
"kanye will never top college dropout"
"jay-z will never top reasonable doubt"
"beethoven will never top symphony #5"

and now

"drake will never top so far gone"

People want to be so close minded and not appreciate the new art that artists put out. If you were a TRUE fan and not just a critic then you would appreciate ANY music your artist puts out as long as they are trying and making a genuine effort to make good music.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Im a huge fan of drake ever since room for improvement. Heck i even copped two copies of TML and went to the tour.

No one is being close minded when they say they dont fuck with the new shit anymore, it's just a matter of taste. IF the artists is dropping new shit thats wack im gonna state my opinion no matter how much of a fan I am of the artist. (Not saying Headlines is wack, its just not that good)

If your going to be a fan that just likes everything the artist is putting out no matter if it's garbage "just because they're trying" then your a dick rider.

October 1, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
filthavenue

I agree with this. So Far Gone is so good because he was still hungry on that tape it was was just some raw ass music. He recorded that shit in a hotel room. Now he has a platinum record and is touring all over the world so he doesn't have to try as hard. That's the reason people always say "x will never top x-album." Artists usually work hard to make an impact on their first album because that's often make or break.

Also, now that he has fame he has to maintain it and expand it so he has to make softer, radio friendly music. I doubt he was thinking about making a universally accepted mixtape when he made SFG.

This is up to the artist and of course the record company but look at Kanye, hes a bigger artist then drake and even he stated that when hes making music he doesnt worry if its for the radio or not. If theres a track the artists is feeling and wants to let it ride out for 8 minutes then I feel they should. (Runaway)

The "radio criteria" puts a restriction on the artist's creative ability and when they follow it they end up selling out.

October 1, 2011 @ 10:36 PM
Beach2theBay

This is up to the artist and of course the record company but look at Kanye, hes a bigger artist then drake and even he stated that when hes making music he doesnt worry if its for the radio or not. If theres a track the artists is feeling and wants to let it ride out for 8 minutes then I feel they should. (Runaway)

The "radio criteria" puts a restriction on the artist's creative ability and when they follow it they end up selling out.

Like you said, Kanye is a bigger artist than Drake. Kanye's at a level where he can do what he wants and people expect that of him. Drake could easily fuck his career up if he switched his style up with only one album in. Also, he probably has less leverage than Kanye so he does what the president of Universal/Baby/Wayne says.
October 1, 2011 @ 11:07 PM
CaliforniaKid

if your going to be a fan that just likes everything the artist is putting out no matter if it's garbage "just because they're trying" then your a dick rider.

well, call me a drake dick rider!
October 2, 2011 @ 05:15 PM
pterodactylsamurai

vimeo.com/29906266

Headlines music video.

October 2, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
sion

Drake - Headlines (Music Video)
www.vimeo.com/29906266

video was pretty cool ...
i think that elevator scene was shot on the cn tower elevator
October 2, 2011 @ 05:26 PM
filthavenue

Video is dope, was thinking that The Weeknd would make an appearance.

October 2, 2011 @ 05:37 PM
AIpo

^ deadass my nigg.. I kept pausing because the video cut real fast like 'where the fuck the xo gang at ?'
October 2, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
xVILLN

the elevator scene was cool.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

October 2, 2011 @ 06:08 PM
THiZZ

That Bill Cosby sweater cool...
October 2, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
Freddie Benson

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

October 2, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
LACED.

dude couldnt even get lined up for the shoot
October 2, 2011 @ 07:02 PM
da

October 2, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
NoStress

This is the first Drake video that I actually liked.. hmm

burr

October 3, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
hiphopbackpacker

headlines video sucks ass
October 3, 2011 @ 01:24 AM
Canvas08

info on drake's glasses in the video?
October 3, 2011 @ 02:13 AM
chex

Video is swag
October 3, 2011 @ 03:02 AM
KEMP

Video is dope, was thinking that The Weeknd would make an appearance.

same here, but i was pausing and caught this, could be him on the very right
October 3, 2011 @ 04:58 AM
richardflorida

this video really exceeded my expectations. so dope.
October 3, 2011 @ 06:18 AM
Acclaimed

Take Care is gonna be fire.

Please login first to reply.