Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
June 30, 2011 @ 10:46 AM
AndyRocksBluu

He didn't make the freshmen 2011 class this year? (For what ever reason)

Hes dropped countless mixtapes (which was better than most rappers Albums) and still has not gotten any major acknowledgement.

His "From The WestSide with Love 2" CD was number 2 on the Itunes Hip-Hop Charts. (At least last time i checked)

But hes still an unknown rapper and doesn't get much credit. What gives?

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

June 30, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
Freddie Benson

i believe theres already a thread about this guy and umm...he lacks talent

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

June 30, 2011 @ 11:46 AM
stephantitanic

Odon.

June 30, 2011 @ 11:48 AM
Mellowhigh_P

I enjoy all of dom's music and he is one of my favorite rappers but I sometimes wonder if he will always just be another LA rapper. Yes, his lyrics are average and he doesn't say anything that will make you say "oh shit let me rewind that!" but he does have a presence on tracks to me and his shit just sounds cool to ride to. Like that old school La rap.
June 30, 2011 @ 01:11 PM
cheezyDaba

maybe he's underrated in the mainstream realm but I feel like Dom gets plenty of love from the indie side and co-signs from all the dudes like spitta etc....
June 30, 2011 @ 01:15 PM
ignorantian

Dom def. deserves more love from the mainstream. I can't think of any "new" rapper who makes as great of music as Dom does, in my opinion he's one of the best and most consistent right now.
June 30, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
Shanklin

He's stuck in the 90's

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 30, 2011 @ 01:25 PM
Tronic

He's stuck in the 90's

but that's why I love his music.

I really don't think there is any other rapper fucking with him as far as straight rapping goes. He has the voice, flow, and delivery.

His lyrics are pretty subpar, but I mean, they are all completely relatable. Sometimes I don't wanna hear a dude spit about world problems or teach me something new. Sometimes I wanna hear a cat just rap about bitches and clothes, and Dom is the muthafuckin' man when it comes to it.
June 30, 2011 @ 01:54 PM
Shanklin

He just doesn't know when to switch up the flow.

Perfect example
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRm2rLiqNoQ

His flow was the same the entire song, the beat's super chil, and on top of that, his voice is always laidback. Idk, all of that adds up to boring IMO. I fuck with dom to an extent, but I can def see how people say he's boring.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 30, 2011 @ 02:23 PM

Inactive

Why does he lack talent? Please explain..

It's about style, and Dom delivers in that field, because he's a genuine and humble dude. I don't listen to him in the gym, but his music is perfect for chilling out.
June 30, 2011 @ 02:49 PM
BruhMan

i fucks with Dom but he does sound the same on every song tho. i mean there's just really nothing special/unique about him. i doubt he'll ever gain mainstream appeal.
June 30, 2011 @ 04:59 PM

Inactive

it's cool though.. dom's said it numerous times that he'd rather be rich than famous. fuck fame/attention tbh. as long as you getting that money, who cares?
June 30, 2011 @ 05:11 PM
xVILLN

He's stuck in the 90's

these.

the only song i actually like from him is locals only,and thats really only because of the chrono trigger sampled beat.
I usually end up liking anything that samples music from chrono trigger though..

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

June 30, 2011 @ 05:39 PM
stephantitanic

It's about style, and Dom delivers in that field, because he's a genuine and humble dude. I don't listen to him in the gym, but his music is perfect for chilling out.

For me a rap artist needs to have the ability to diversify even a little bit haha. Doods made the same song for pretty much 4 years straight, which is cool, I just don't think he talented enough to do anything else. No question he can make a chill song, but to me that's only because his beats are unfuckwitable and whoever sings his hooks always does it right... Other than that there's no appeal.

Odon.

June 30, 2011 @ 05:43 PM

Inactive

Something different www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w8O2ah6E2Y I'm sure he can rip a more rugged beat as well..
June 30, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
stephantitanic

Thats the only Dom song on my ipod for a reason haha, and potential talent ≠ talent to me. So until then, he is untalented to me.

but song is dope cool

Odon.

June 30, 2011 @ 05:53 PM
Boutique Geek

This ♥♥♥♥♥ Dom always sounds like he just woke up haha. I fuck with him tho. I don't mind if he pops up on my ipod from time to time but i cant sit there and listen to a whole album. Plus nothing has bin as good as 25th Hour IMO.
June 30, 2011 @ 05:57 PM
Mellowhigh_P

I'm always going to show my homies this guy's music and his shit will get better with every tape but as everyone says, I don't think he will blow up in the mainstream. He's cool with that too because all he wants is the money. Fuck the fame. His new tape is still one of the best because I was able to actually bump it in my ride without changing a track. Shit is player.
June 30, 2011 @ 06:00 PM
&y

From Westside With Love p1, future street, 25th hour is him at his best. og domkennedy and from westside with love p2 is kinda slow and boring, but i still like it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZhjGHZ488
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUwYo5pBmts
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT3VhGRBp0c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5wPNYSrDo8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUW8Tzl6988
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFmeVPu8EP8

imo are his best songs
June 30, 2011 @ 06:18 PM

Inactive

Thats the only Dom song on my ipod for a reason haha, and just beacause he *might* be able to do it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't. So until then, he is untalented to me.

but song is dope cool

Wildin' out with the stars lol, "There they go" was really ill as well..
June 30, 2011 @ 06:28 PM
NZOO

No image, mediocre huh but he tries...

Don't badmind me.

June 30, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
Freddie Benson

heres where your wrong its NOT about style its about rap like i didnt say he cant make chill song i said he doesnt have any talent he doesnt and i havent heard a lot but everything sounds the same and none of it is good....im sure he's cool humble and all that but what does that have to do with his music? he has the same elementary flow no notable lines just good production around him he's just painfully average

his verse in this verse pretty much says it all...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YiN4Mg5bFs

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

June 30, 2011 @ 07:51 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I feel like his attitude/swag makes you nigs like him and think he raps good. Swag does not = lyrical talent. He can be the coolest ♥♥♥♥♥ alive, doesn't mean he raps good. I heard his 4 tapes even made a thread to gwt into his shit but he is mediocre at best. If anything he's OVERRATED
June 30, 2011 @ 08:12 PM
Mellowhigh_P

The ♥♥♥♥♥ got flow to me.
June 30, 2011 @ 09:40 PM
beenyce

The ♥♥♥♥♥ got flow to me.

finally someone i can agree with.

although I must admit the production kinda carries him along
June 30, 2011 @ 11:03 PM
NoStress

His production and Beat selection is SUPERB. He's w/e with the lyrics and flows good enough.

burr

June 30, 2011 @ 11:07 PM
C-Mealburn

because he isnt anything different from what anybody has heard
June 30, 2011 @ 11:21 PM
C-Mealburn

he is nothing different. thats why.
June 30, 2011 @ 11:39 PM
Juki

yea, Doms the definition of average but there's a lot of BAD rappers out there so its not a diss. He makes really good music and his mixtapes are generally good so he can say relevant but until he does something extraordinary that takes him to the next level he'll just be another rapper. Also:

He's not really marketable. Has no real "image" or gimmick (don't think he wants one). He's not really exciting. He lacks emotion or intensity in his voice. His contents pretty basic and can get redundant and his flows too laid back and can get boring without guest rappers. I also think he's too LA oriented which is great but he's still nothing more than a hometown rapper who won't easily appeal to other audiences. Still, you can't deny songs like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWqf8d0ciI

"Miss Donna Karen, bubble gum smacker, style it like Aaliyah put the fitted on backwards"cool

this too
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCe0qy646vE

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 1, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
WOLFdayz

i mean guys production is way beyond average but like its been said,
he doesnt have anything different lyrically to offer, or anything that lyrically at all

Please login first to reply.