Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 3, 2011 @ 03:21 PM
ouija

If there's an act that you really wanna catch, but none of your bumass friends will go with you, you see the show alone or skip out on it?
June 3, 2011 @ 03:38 PM
Beach2theBay

Someone makes this thread every year. I've been to plenty of shows alone and will continue to do so. The only time I won't go to a show alone is when there's seats. That's kind of awkward and people can tell you're alone. At a typical punk or hardcore show you blend in with the crowd and it's no different. I'm going to the wolf gang show on the 18h alone because none of my friends got tickets on time. I'm a grown ass man. Fuck being embarrassed. I'm not gonna miss a band I love because no one could go.
June 3, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
Kingkoor

I'm working now, but like 90% of the shows I go to I go alone. I miss going with a bunch of people and acting a fool....
June 3, 2011 @ 03:52 PM
Beach2theBay

Yeah if you're worried about looking like a bitch at a show by yourself bring a camera and pretend you're a blogger
June 3, 2011 @ 03:56 PM
Butcher206

Yeah if you're worried about looking like a bitch at a show by yourself bring a camera and pretend you're a blogger

^lol

Going alone is a good way to meet people, people who obviously like the same music as you and are willing to go to concerts when they come up. cool
June 3, 2011 @ 03:56 PM
A.B.Y.S.S.

Someone makes this thread every year. I've been to plenty of shows alone and will continue to do so. The only time I won't go to a show alone is when there's seats. That's kind of awkward and people can tell you're alone. At a typical punk or hardcore show you blend in with the crowd and it's no different. I'm going to the wolf gang show on the 18h alone because none of my friends got tickets on time. I'm a grown ass man. Fuck being embarrassed. I'm not gonna miss a band I love because no one could go.
this.

I'm working now, but like 90% of the shows I go to I go alone. I miss going with a bunch of people and acting a fool....
and definitely this. i look at like this, if you tell your friends ahead of time. they could get off work or whatever they had to do & still you have to go alone, your a real fan. i try not to miss any opportunity i have when artists come to maryland cause we get so few good shows.
June 3, 2011 @ 04:52 PM
cheezyDaba

been there done that. If you wanna see the music then fuck it. Bring some j's and you can make some friends.
June 3, 2011 @ 04:56 PM
tmwtg

I usually bring a J, light up, and whoever wants to take a couple of hits, it's cool.

I don't mind going alone. I'm not gonna miss out on shows just because friends can't get tickets on time.
June 3, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
Dino Spumoni

I've been to a few by myself and it's not much fun. I go to a lot of rowdy shows, like hardcore, grindcore, etc., and that shit is always more fun when you roll up with a few cars full of friends.
June 4, 2011 @ 02:57 AM
T3000

This.

Although it does suck that I don't have anyone to go with to share the experience with, if there's someone I want to see live, I go regardless.

Some of the best shows I've seen in my life I went to alone.
June 4, 2011 @ 05:12 AM
Awww SNAP

do what you gotta do. last year i made my brother go with me to an OF show.. shiiiit, now he's hyped over em like everyone else
June 4, 2011 @ 01:35 PM
Phlipstar

Gonna hit up Rock the Bells NY alone dgaf.
June 4, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
Beach2theBay

I could never go to a festival alone either. Seated shows and festivals are no good alone. Shows at a club or small venue or fine but I'd absolutely never go to a festival alone. That's some lonely shit haha. Props to you if you're that much of a man though
June 4, 2011 @ 04:57 PM
A.B.Y.S.S.

I could never go to a festival alone either. Seated shows and festivals are no good alone. Shows at a club or small venue or fine but I'd absolutely never go to a festival alone. That's some lonely shit haha. Props to you if you're that much of a man though

as you get older or friends grow apart life calls for some strange/foreign s*** my man. hope you never have to go to one alone either cause that would mean you wouldn't & to that i say, "F**K ALL OF THAT, FLAT OUT!"
June 4, 2011 @ 04:57 PM
A.B.Y.S.S.

now if you said for safety reasons i might've concurred.
June 4, 2011 @ 05:18 PM
Beach2theBay

Well a festival is like an 8 hour, all day thing and you're walking from stage to stage and stuff. That would suck ass to do alone. At a club show it's like 3 hours and you're in the same spot the whole time then you go home. At a festival you'd have to eat alone and shit. I couldn't do it unless i was covering the event for work or something but more power to anyone who does.
June 5, 2011 @ 12:47 PM
T3000

I gotta agree with this. Plus, going to festivals alone is ten times more expensive cost wise than going with a friend.

I'm trying to check out Electric Zoo in NYC this year, but other than one person I know, all my friends are just too annoyed by EDM to even go to a festival like that. It would be nice to get another person to ride down to NYC with because that cuts down on the cost of gas and tools, plus they can help chip in on a hotel room.

I just don't see the sense in paying almost $1000 just to go to a festival by myself.
June 5, 2011 @ 01:24 PM
DCLXVI

I always go to a festival with like 5 or 6 friends but most of the time i'm alone at the shows cause no one have the same musical tastes as me.
We eat, sleep, drink together tho and we meetup everytime it's possible
June 5, 2011 @ 01:30 PM
mowgli

^ kinda similar shit with me. most of my friends don't listen to the music i enjoy. i tried exposing them to a few concerts but i could see they weren't feeling it. so i'd rather go alone and completely enjoy the experience.
June 5, 2011 @ 01:39 PM
MickeySmoove

really ♥♥♥♥♥♥,

did you have to make a thread for this???

Take off those panties and go to the fuckin show..... smh

razz

Please login first to reply.