FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
December 27, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
th3kid

How can people hate the lyrics on HOB? If anything the lyrics have been dumbed down since HOB. I feel like on HOB it was love songs written from the perspective of a drug. The lyrics on Thursday and EOS are way less subliminal.
December 29, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
dead7

the weekend is the dream with singing lessons :/ imo.

qft

I fee like everyone who pumps this dude up like he is special has never listened to a dream album(which is probably true). Dream fathered that style. 1977 goes hard. That said, the weeknd is consistently putting out some good music. EoS is solid.
December 29, 2011 @ 04:41 AM
otterdonnelly

Feel like I'm weird for really disliking Thursday (especially the last half). HoB is king but EoS was VERY good. Downloaded while visiting fam in Toronto and bumping it while in NYC made me like it even more.

Still wished I could've gotten one of those shirts sold at the Mod Club
December 29, 2011 @ 06:15 AM
xo Nitsuj

that florence and the machine remix he did is the shit.

FS: diamond supply co tees xl. who wants to trade a black supny hoodie for black box logo? WTB: Sup hockey top 2010

December 29, 2011 @ 12:17 PM
athrty

If anything the lyrics have been dumbed down since HOB. The lyrics on Thursday and EOS are way less subliminal.

this

qft

I fee like everyone who pumps this dude up like he is special has never listened to a dream album(which is probably true). Dream fathered that style. 1977 goes hard. That said, the weeknd is consistently putting out some good music. EoS is solid.

I understand your point, but what i think is more important about the weeknd than the arguable musical innovation is his style, or rather the feeling you get when listening to his music. weeknds music creates a completely different feeling than the dreams, atleast for me.
And that kinda feel weeknds music got is what makes him ''unique'' or ''innovative'' to me. (hence this is only my opinion. so not generally speaking)
December 29, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
young idiot

Feel like I'm weird for really disliking Thursday (especially the last half). HoB is king but EoS was VERY good. Downloaded while visiting fam in Toronto and bumping it while in NYC made me like it even more.

Still wished I could've gotten one of those shirts sold at the Mod Club

prolly if you put a gun to someone's head they would say thursday is the weakest
December 29, 2011 @ 09:36 PM
Ekong

qft

The dream talks about MDMA and cocaine in his music?
December 29, 2011 @ 11:21 PM
heeennry

this is late as hell but it's the first time i'm seeing this

legit?

I had taken the words out of his mouth and filled it with fart.

December 30, 2011 @ 08:25 PM
mrh

qft

yeah i've never listened to the dream so i checked out a couple songs and dont see why the fuck people would bother comparing them. dumb as the comparison between frank ocean and the weeknd
December 31, 2011 @ 02:23 PM
Epsilon Remy

The Weeknd is a good singer but that Nigga has no stage presence. I seen him live and there was absolutely no showmanship, he just stands there and sings. Aside from that, his music goes hard
January 1, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
da

this is late as hell but it's the first time i'm seeing this

legit?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was legit since Asap got signed after a mixtape and a couple videos.
January 3, 2012 @ 05:08 PM
xo Nitsuj

hopefully abel doesnt sign a crew deal like a$ap rocky did the only songs im gonna listen to off the mob album are gonna be his.
pretty flacko goes hard doe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3Ri4zAsTQ

FS: diamond supply co tees xl. who wants to trade a black supny hoodie for black box logo? WTB: Sup hockey top 2010

January 3, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
@abgohard1

The Weeknd is a good singer but that Nigga has no stage presence. I seen him live and there was absolutely no showmanship, he just stands there and sings. Aside from that, his music goes hard

i think he just nervous, the nigga was virtually an unkown human being and a massive undeground star in a matter of seconds
January 4, 2012 @ 03:51 PM
th3kid

qft

yeah i've never listened to the dream so i checked out a couple songs and dont see why the fuck people would bother comparing them. dumb as the comparison between frank ocean and the weeknd

It's not about The Dream's lyrical content. The Dream did father the style Abel uses. Like how rappers have certain flows, Abel uses the same flow as Dream. But Abel's content > Dream's.

That's not his aim. Look at his whole persona. He wants to remain as secretive as possible. So him doing a show and stepping into the light is awkward. He's not gonna be up there putting on "good" show if it means dancing around on stage.
January 4, 2012 @ 04:46 PM
ASSHOLE

stage presence is pretty good here

January 4, 2012 @ 09:44 PM
sharky

he tweeted that he's gonna drop a physical house of balloons trilogy set this year. gotta get that shit
January 4, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
jeanluc

stage presence is pretty good here

I knew I had to see the weeknd in concert after the first time I saw this video

the crowd can't sing though lol
January 4, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
rocka

How can people hate the lyrics on HOB? If anything the lyrics have been dumbed down since HOB. I feel like on HOB it was love songs written from the perspective of a drug. The lyrics on Thursday and EOS are way less subliminal.

Listening to songs like Loft Music & the morning . I don't see how you can say he is lyrical genius either.
January 5, 2012 @ 06:13 AM
future.

http://soundcloud.com/theweekndovoxo/echoes-of-silence-kid-khaos

This remix is dope
January 5, 2012 @ 06:33 AM
th3kid

Listening to songs like Loft Music & the morning . I don't see how you can say he is lyrical genius either.

Two lyrically subpar songs doesn't make him any less of a lyrical genius.
January 5, 2012 @ 02:57 PM
blackice445

I honestly don't think he wrote the morning. I heard the original version of the morning and it sounded like one of the people in his crew. Not him.
January 5, 2012 @ 06:01 PM
Ekong

hopefully abel doesnt sign a crew deal like a$ap rocky did the only songs im gonna listen to off the mob album are gonna be his.
pretty flacko goes hard doe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3Ri4zAsTQ

Dont sleep on NAST that niggas flow is tight
January 5, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
jeanluc

Dont sleep on NAST that niggas flow is tight

Yesss that's what I've been saying too
January 8, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
future.

January 9, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
rocka

Just talking about HoB
January 9, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
R.

cool
January 9, 2012 @ 04:43 PM
yeahyeah

fire smile

wtb supreme snow white button-down in small/medium

January 9, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
minimalist.

fire smile

rly? I hated it.
January 9, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
th3kid

Just talking about HoB

You're saying HoB wasn't a lyrical masterpiece?
January 9, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
yeahyeah

I'm a huge weeknd fan but I will say that "get it in like pockets" could be some of the lamest shit i've ever heard

wtb supreme snow white button-down in small/medium

Please login first to reply.