Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 1, 2011 @ 05:18 PM
califoreigner

im new to Lupe.. what Lupe albums/mixtapes you guys fuck with most?

Fahrenheit 1/15 Part 1 & 2
March 1, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
Juki

This is from the Coolest Mixtape (I think), really one of my favorite lupe mixtapes. There are alot. He needs to make music like this again.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjKJ81XUOtk

Doubleclutchhoops.com

March 1, 2011 @ 06:21 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

pm me the link for lasers

www.NickyDsss.com

March 1, 2011 @ 06:25 PM
DStyles

Only album worth listening to is F&L.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

March 1, 2011 @ 08:03 PM
TwiggyDig

Enemy of the State
March 1, 2011 @ 08:06 PM
Jay_Bird

after hearing this album

I can tell lupe will fall off

hope he got something else in store then doing music

cause atlantic screwed him over

and the sad thing

he could have made it big off "Im beaming"
March 1, 2011 @ 08:19 PM
peetee1993

First off I'm a huge Lupe fan, been fucking with him since Fahrenheit 1/15 no homo. FUCK ATLANTIC RECORDS GREEDY ASS MOTHERFUCKERS for making lupe comform to their standards and release some wack ass pop shit. SMH I ain't even gonna buy it

where is this lupe?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyLLmByA6Y0

Lupe needs to do like The Cool Kids did and find a way to leave (I think his contract with Atlantic is done after this album) and sign with someone who will let him make the music he wants
March 1, 2011 @ 08:53 PM
superb

o rlly?

~( wavy )~

March 1, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
C.Dante

swagg
March 1, 2011 @ 11:01 PM
goldANDsacks

that complex interview made me sad.

things i dont get:

1) why doesn't lupe just do what the label wants him to do, then release the songs that HE wants online? is there some part of his contract that he can't independently release songs? how was he able to create an album as japanese cartoon yet still be a "slave to Atlantic"?

2) if lupe can just bang out these songs that Atlantic wants him to do, why doesn't he just push through the albums left on his contract all at once and bounce?

3) if he was making songs that he had no artistic stake in, why was he so upset that they were getting leaked last year?
March 1, 2011 @ 11:18 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

lol @ people younger than him gettin smarter deals than 6 albums or whatever
March 1, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
basspro

lol @ people younger than him gettin smarter deals than 6 albums or whatever

ummmm no those kids most likely have a 360
March 1, 2011 @ 11:31 PM
basspro

that complex interview made me sad.

things i dont get:

1) why doesn't lupe just do what the label wants him to do, then release the songs that HE wants online? is there some part of his contract that he can't independently release songs? how was he able to create an album as japanese cartoon yet still be a "slave to Atlantic"?

2) if lupe can just bang out these songs that Atlantic wants him to do, why doesn't he just push through the albums left on his contract all at once and bounce?

3) if he was making songs that he had no artistic stake in, why was he so upset that they were getting leaked last year?

1-why would he just make music for free dude has to eat at the end of the day...even if hes making the songs he wants to...dude still wants to get paid

2-??

3- those where songs he did HAVE artistic stake in like "shining down" "goto sleep" and "beaming"
March 1, 2011 @ 11:39 PM
basspro

smh stfu??? u barley said anything...why did u even bother to type that? turd
March 1, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

it was all good til beautiful lasers. i could tolerate the adulteration of what i liked about lupe. but hearing the live version then hearing that was terrible.

cloud which quote do you mean?
March 2, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

cool, love you too, boo
March 2, 2011 @ 12:57 AM
2thoro

hov in 09
eminem in 2010
lupe in 2011
and now nas is working with alex da kid for his next cd.

smfh. disgusting.
March 2, 2011 @ 02:13 AM
3 Stripes

All of you have this perceived notion that it was forced and it was gonna be bad because of his label situation. As a lupe fan i can honestly say that this album is not that bad. You guys have to understand that lupe is a performer and can turn any mediocre song into an amazing live experience.

He doesnt seem to have as much energy on these songs as he had as when he performed some of these live. Beautiful lasers and state run radio or pretty amazing live. Words i never said is a banger. Till i get there is one of those songs that i can def. bang. The show goes on is piff. All black everything is dope. Id say a solid 6 out of 12 songs.

You dudes are buggin. Copped on itunes, gonna cop on release date again.
March 2, 2011 @ 07:47 AM
DStyles

He signed with Atlantic back in '06 so you really can't blame him.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

March 2, 2011 @ 09:32 AM
goldANDsacks

1-why would he just make music for free dude has to eat at the end of the day...even if hes making the songs he wants to...dude still wants to get paid

2-??

3- those where songs he did HAVE artistic stake in like "shining down" "goto sleep" and "beaming"

that's why i meant, he should make the "record label songs" that he doesn't like and put those on the album to get paid. then release the songs that he personally likes (but the label didn't put on the album) online. it's a win-win, no? the complex interview made it seem that these "record label songs" are super easy for lupe to do. why doesn't he just sit down, spend a month or two making three albums worth of crappy songs that the label likes, fulfill his contractual obligations, then bounce. then he'll have the rest of his career to get a new deal and make albums how he wants to.
March 2, 2011 @ 09:36 AM
goldANDsacks

LASERS is a totally different sound for lupe compared to F&L and the Cool.

i am a HUGE lupe fan (i consider him top 3 all time) and have bought every one of his albums thus far.

but i encourage you, DO NOT BUY LASERS!! if you're a fan, illegally download it!

this album is what the record label think Lupe should sound like, not what Lupe thinks he should sound like. if LASERS sell a bajillion copies, wouldn't that just reinforce the idea that the record label knows Lupe better than Lupe himself? wouldn't that make the record label say "hey Lupe, you need to change Food and Liquor II to what we say b/c as you can see from the success of LASERS, we know what we're talking about".

as weird as it is, i think LASERS doing horrible sales might be a good thing for Lupe Fiasco - the Artist.
March 2, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
basspro

He signed with Atlantic back in '06 so you really can't blame him.

thats what im sayin!!
indie labels wasnt poppin like that back in -05-06

btw-CLOUD U BETTER GET YOUR ACT TOGATHER NIKKA OR ILL FEED YOU YOUR MOMS DICK
March 2, 2011 @ 03:14 PM
Based Sherane

LASERS is a totally different sound for lupe compared to F&L and the Cool.

i am a HUGE lupe fan (i consider him top 3 all time) and have bought every one of his albums thus far.

but i encourage you, DO NOT BUY LASERS!! if you're a fan, illegally download it!

this album is what the record label think Lupe should sound like, not what Lupe thinks he should sound like. if LASERS sell a bajillion copies, wouldn't that just reinforce the idea that the record label knows Lupe better than Lupe himself? wouldn't that make the record label say "hey Lupe, you need to change Food and Liquor II to what we say b/c as you can see from the success of LASERS, we know what we're talking about".

as weird as it is, i think LASERS doing horrible sales might be a good thing for Lupe Fiasco - the Artist.

this.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168849/

March 4, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
N1njai

Can i get a link to the album?
March 4, 2011 @ 07:43 AM

Inactive

The new album is so confusing to me. It's like 12 tracks that's trying to sound like "Superstar". I can hear that album's been mastered and worked with, but it's a mind fuck. 3/10-
March 4, 2011 @ 11:48 AM
brasil

The new album is so confusing to me. It's like 12 tracks that's trying to sound like "Superstar". I can hear that album's been mastered and worked with, but it's a mind fuck. 3/10-

Yeah like the poster said above, this isn't the Lupe we heard on his previous albums..Food & Liquor opened it up for The Cool (My personal favorite)..Off of Lasers I only like I think 3 or 4 songs..

Most of the tracks, you could take out the vocals and they would become club songs..I loved Lupe for his casual way of things and his flow..for example; Paris, Tokyo or Don't Play With Fire

Regardless, I liked..

Letting Go
Words I Never Said
Beautiful Lasers

But these don't even scrape the surface of my favorite Lupe songs.

3/10
March 4, 2011 @ 12:36 PM
3 Stripes

6 out of 12 is a 50%. That's failing. You just admitted the album is a failure.

Yeah i know what i said. Album is in fact a failure. Im just saying its not as bad as people make it out to be. Even tho i wouldn't jam to the other 6 songs as much as the other, that does not mean they are terrible and that i wouldn't listen to them completely.
March 4, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
Nubcake

I didn't get past "The Show Goes On". I don't even want to hear the rest of the album.
March 4, 2011 @ 04:52 PM
CuttyBuddy

Can't lie, when I first heard "Words I Never Said" I was like "What the hellllllll is this....Lasers is gonna blow." And I can appreciate this album for what it is, I always wondered what a full out mainstream Lupe album would sound like. I was somewhat able to play this album straight. "Letting Go," "Beautiful Lasers," "Break The Chain," and "All Black Everything" I was definitely feeling by the end of the first playthrough. But it's pretty much what Lupe said in his interview with Complex, he doesn't hate or love the songs that made it on Lasers, he hates the way the songs happened and that's what makes him hate Lasers as an album so much. I honestly think Lupe can care less how sales turn out for Lasers, but if anything, he would hope for it to turn out a little worse than F&L and The Cool. Last thing dude needs is Atlantic running up to his face and telling him "I told you so." This album is a no cop for me, I appreciate the dude too much to support his ridiculous label.
March 4, 2011 @ 07:38 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

i think they kinda ruined beautiful lasers. that was the turning point on the album for me, where it went from "ok, but not lupe" to "omg he sold out so hard". sounds sooooo good live, i was massively disappointed. i wasn't even anticipating this album that much cos i felt like it would never come out. but lyrics aint enough.

Please login first to reply.