Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 4, 2011 @ 08:59 PM
BKBROWN

that's why i meant, he should make the "record label songs" that he doesn't like and put those on the album to get paid. then release the songs that he personally likes (but the label didn't put on the album) online. it's a win-win, no? the complex interview made it seem that these "record label songs" are super easy for lupe to do. why doesn't he just sit down, spend a month or two making three albums worth of crappy songs that the label likes, fulfill his contractual obligations, then bounce. then he'll have the rest of his career to get a new deal and make albums how he wants to.

all music that was made for the label is owned by the label

he cant release it for free

being signed is great but you're trapped by contracts as well

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

March 5, 2011 @ 12:39 AM
2thoro

fuck beautiful lasers would be a top 10 lupe track if there was no autotune. atlantic ruined a classic hop hop song.

but he did what he had to do to put the album out.

if you even got one song out of the album that you liked then how can you be mad?
March 5, 2011 @ 06:22 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

i dunno about anyone else, but i aint mad. just disappointed. what's to stop this happening again? what if this is like a preview of his next 3 albums?

i like lupe, but not that much.
March 5, 2011 @ 08:17 AM
C.Dante

smh at the people giving it a 3/10 what the fuck
March 5, 2011 @ 09:23 AM
k2dedication

I'd say this album is a banger. Out of 12 only 2 tracks that I won't play (I don't wanna care right now and outta my head)
Letting go
Till I get there
Words I never said
State run radio (minus hook)
Beautiful lasers
All black everything
Show goes on
Coming up
Break the chain
Never forget you
I'd give this album a 85%
March 5, 2011 @ 03:53 PM
C.Dante

Wtf does knowing about lupe have to do with an album being good just because its not like the cool and F&L doesn't mean its necessarily bad just different
March 5, 2011 @ 05:27 PM
DUNCAN99

shit.. lupe is one of my favorite rappers but this album is shit. fuck atlanta trying to keep him down.
March 5, 2011 @ 05:32 PM
hakunamutata87

I agree, this album is garbage. It sounds like a watered down/poppish version of lupe
March 5, 2011 @ 09:01 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

i think i'ma have another listen. i was feelin kinda unreceptive last time. pause.
March 5, 2011 @ 09:53 PM
A!exander

should've put im beamin on that hoe
March 8, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
Bubbs619

March 8, 2011 @ 12:17 AM
3 Stripes

Any guesses on album sales? I hope it at least goes gold.
March 8, 2011 @ 12:26 AM
Food

Why isnt lupe on good
March 8, 2011 @ 03:25 AM
Jaayydelarosa

I hope this CD is good. Everyone is saying this CD is wack. Kinda of nerovus
March 8, 2011 @ 07:44 AM
GoRubio

I hope this CD is good. Everyone is saying this CD is wack. Kinda of nerovus

It's ok........ not great or amazing, but ok. It has like 3 or 4 songs that I can kind of listen to. Other than that, something just doesn't seem right about the album and a lot of the songs. If you like old Lupe (Cool / F&L) or mixtape Lupe and was expecting to hear that, I don't think you'll like the album.
And the biggest question: What the hell happened to the Horn Synth song that he did with Pharrell?
March 8, 2011 @ 11:02 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

had a few more listens, and i definitely appreciate it more now. only like 2 or 3 tracks that make me cringe.
March 8, 2011 @ 02:28 PM
DStyles

didntbuylol

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

March 8, 2011 @ 02:47 PM
zonefo

the album is not that bad, you ♥♥♥♥♥s make it seem like its "before i self destruct" type bad. but in reality its just not what you were expecting, and not average lupe. meh

i also recommend adding in Im beaming, shining down, and go to sleep. itll make the album better just rearrange some track and voila'

maybe i'll add in his all city chess club remix to im beaming at the end as a make pretend bonus track.
March 8, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
CamTitanic

the album is not that bad, you ♥♥♥♥♥s make it seem like its "before i self destruct" type bad. but in reality its just not what you were expecting, and not average lupe. meh

i also recommend adding in Im beaming, shining down, and go to sleep. itll make the album better just rearrange some track and voila'

maybe i'll add in his all city chess club remix to im beaming at the end as a make pretend bonus track.

It can't be that good if you have to add four tracks to make it decent.
March 8, 2011 @ 03:03 PM
goldANDsacks

go for it. i added Who Let the Dogs out by the Baha Men as a make pretend bonus track. it's not Lupe, but i was allowed to do it somehow.
March 8, 2011 @ 03:07 PM
DStyles

You know an album sucks when you have to add bonus tracks.

March 8, 2011 @ 03:25 PM
goldANDsacks

all music that was made for the label is owned by the label

he cant release it for free

being signed is great but you're trapped by contracts as well

then how did he make songs and release them as Japanese Cartoon?! why can't lupe just make songs for Atlantic to get paid as a job, then make independent songs/mixtapes and release them online as an artist?
March 8, 2011 @ 03:38 PM
goldANDsacks

If you guys check the hypetrak page it says lupe wants to release another album this year so he can be done with his contract with Atlantic Records..but does that mean he's gonna try to do a good album (like his old/real self, which atlantic may not allow again) or you think he's just gonna try to hurry up and release a shitty album so he can get out and move to a label where he can do him?

thats what im saying. he should just release a shitty album with his label-made shit to get out of his contract. but at the same time, he should release a classic mixtape with his REAL shit so show off his art (presumably filled with songs the label would reject and not want anyways).

a job is a job. it's like, i love cooking. i love cooking so much that i got a job as a professional chef. but the douchebag manager at the restaurant said that i am only allowed to cook what's on the menu and i cant make up my own dishes. well douchebag manager, i signed a contract with you so i'll cook your lame ass dishes, but when i'm at home, i'm gonna cook some amazing shit and show all of my friends. what is that manager? i have to cook 100 plates of spaghetti then i can leave to find a job at another restaurant? wouldn't the smart thing to do here be just sit down and bang out 100 dishes at once and then bounce?

i kind of lost it there with the analogy but u get the gist. there must be some other hidden factor/rule holding lupe back b/c this seems like a pretty straightforward situation to me.
March 8, 2011 @ 03:38 PM
faust

i just added all of nas' illmatic to lupe's new album and it's actually sorta good now.
March 8, 2011 @ 03:39 PM
DStyles

i just added all of nas' illmatic to lupe's new album and it's actually sorta good now.

Add My World 2.0 and The DeAndre Way and you get Thriller 2.0

cool

March 8, 2011 @ 03:39 PM
goldANDsacks

anyways... my favorite tracks are All Black Everything and Til I Get There. if you dont like those two tracks, then you probably didn't like Lupe's old stuff anyways.
March 8, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
March 8, 2011 @ 05:14 PM
Knesecary83

Heard from a friend that this Lasers album is not up to par?..
March 8, 2011 @ 05:52 PM
bokchoy`

Any download link?

http://instagram.com/eleong

March 8, 2011 @ 05:53 PM
Grand Hussla

cd is wack...

march 22nd - f.a.m.e
may 3rd - finally famous.

glad i didnt buy this cd

Please login first to reply.