December 4, 2010 @ 09:35 PM
dead7

all the white people i know wanna suck eminem's dick. and word.. i think you are referring to hipsters. but out of the people i know that only like underground hiphop...most are white.

Thats all i was referring to when i got to shows and shit its almost all white people. Judging from this thread tho its just where im at lolz.

loooool
"all i can say is its a black thing"

it is an EDUCATION thing. i mostly listen to artists that people would consider underground, but i still enjoy wocka flocka/jeezy/gucci and fully understand why they are able to sell records... because i'm somewhat educated about the culture.

please explain how "EDUCATION" of the culture has helped shape the artist you listen to? not that i am questioning your taste or point. But you imply that an education of some sort helped you to like/appreciate those artist? and without said education you wouldnt?
December 4, 2010 @ 09:38 PM
dead7

throwing up the fact that white people like the only relevant white rapper(eminem) is pointless, i dont even get the purpose. Regardless of any circumstances or w/e the f$ck spin you put on it, they are gonna d%ck ride him. Come on now.... you guys know that.cool
December 4, 2010 @ 09:55 PM
2thoro

every popular rapper has lots of white fans.

eminem is the most popular rapper. so he has the most white fans.

dont get it twisted.
December 5, 2010 @ 02:24 AM
Djarum

please explain how "EDUCATION" of the culture has helped shape the artist you listen to? not that i am questioning your taste or point. But you imply that an education of some sort helped you to like/appreciate those artist? and without said education you wouldnt?

education of a subject absolutely influences how you perceive and react to something. if i wasn't EDUCATED about the meanings/reasonings/emotions/contexts/themes/histories/etc. of something then i would never be able to appreciate it on a deeper level.
December 5, 2010 @ 11:16 AM
traCk.

You better not be asian

na im white
December 5, 2010 @ 02:32 PM
C.Dante

Lololol in that case I agree with your statement
December 5, 2010 @ 03:44 PM
Japan4

They listen to Eminem so they don't know shit about hip hop.

You're either an idiot....or a troll.

C'mon man....soulja boy? really???

rilly doe?

December 5, 2010 @ 03:51 PM
DStyles

You're either an idiot....or a troll.

C'mon man....soulja boy? really???

What's wrong with Soulja Boy?

He's top 5 in the game right now.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

December 5, 2010 @ 08:29 PM
ILLiterate

The biggest problem with why this discussion will go nowhere is taste. If you enjoy something, it doesn't necessarily have to be good. Plenty of people love something because of how bad it is. People can like music just because it appeals to them. It's not the only reason to like music, the more you know about music styles and composition the more you can appreciate or dislike music. I do like the comment on education, if you can keep yourself open to other ideas or have knowledge on certain topics, you can enjoy music that references it more. But most people just like the certain "sounds" of music, whether it's mainstream or backpack hip hop, they'll flock to it without really being able to give you a concrete reason why they like it. Nothing wrong with that.

Either people understand that and are alright with it or don't and keep asking the same questions over and over because they feel like they aren't getting answers that are good enough.
December 6, 2010 @ 03:14 PM
Jaylib

depends on the person. not someones race. thats really dumb

December 6, 2010 @ 03:45 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

Some mainstream rap is alright in my opinion. I just don't like most mainstream rappers. Dudes like Drake and Jay-Z or whoever are all just boring to me. I don't like their beats, I don't like their verses and I don't like what they rap about most of the time. Its not the fact that they are mainstream that I think they automatically suck. I think its just that a lot of mainstream rappers and boring. They found a pattern that will easily sell and they just keep doing that. They don't try to make any new shit. Just the same tired ass shit over and over again.
December 6, 2010 @ 03:46 PM
DStyles

Some mainstream rap is alright in my opinion. I just don't like most mainstream rappers. Dudes like Drake and Jay-Z or whoever are all just boring to me. I don't like their beats, I don't like their verses and I don't like what they rap about most of the time. Its not the fact that they are mainstream that I think they automatically suck. I think its just that a lot of mainstream rappers and boring. They found a pattern that will easily sell and they just keep doing that. They don't try to make any new shit. Just the same tired ass shit over and over again.

mf doom?

edit: and underground rapper X and Y

December 6, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

I don't follow? I meant that it all sounds the same to me. If I turned on the radio to the hip-hop channel right now, I wouldn't be able to tell 75% of the artists apart.

It all comes down to a matter of opinion, I guess. People like different shit.
December 6, 2010 @ 03:54 PM
DStyles

inb4dstylesistrolling

I can't see how every rapper sounds the same... 50 does not sound anything like Kanye and Jay-Z does not sound anything like Jay-Z; if you're trying to compare their music style. If that's the case then every rapper before Jay, Lil Wayne, Nas, Drake had the same style, clever lines here and there, a smooth flow, and rapping about how much nicer you are than rapper X or Y.

What does Jay-Z raps about?
What does Drake rap about?
What does Lil Wayne rap about?
What does Kanye rap about?

December 6, 2010 @ 06:26 PM
NoStress

This is one ignorant ass thread

burr

December 6, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
DStyles

wtf do you expect?

This is HB nikka.

Nikkas on here ain't on my fucking level when it comes to music. If I make a thread about the blues nikkas will be like: "Yo DStyles wtf is that?"

December 6, 2010 @ 06:33 PM
RocketsFan14

inb4dstylesistrolling

I can't see how every rapper sounds the same... 50 does not sound anything like Kanye and Jay-Z does not sound anything like Jay-Z; if you're trying to compare their music style. If that's the case then every rapper before Jay, Lil Wayne, Nas, Drake had the same style, clever lines here and there, a smooth flow, and rapping about how much nicer you are than rapper X or Y.

What does Jay-Z raps about?
What does Drake rap about?
What does Lil Wayne rap about?
What does Kanye rap about?

lol
December 6, 2010 @ 06:34 PM
DStyles

LOLZZZZZ typo

edit: I feel so durrtyyy

December 6, 2010 @ 06:45 PM
dead7

my question has been answered.
December 6, 2010 @ 06:47 PM
DStyles

my question has been answered.

Is god real?

December 6, 2010 @ 06:54 PM
Justify This

fuck racial stereotypes. the only stereotype that should enter into anyones head is stereotyping people by their intellect. anything other than that is just a joke
December 6, 2010 @ 06:59 PM
C.Dante

im a crackerjacker but i love me some kanye west, jay-z, rick ross, T.I, young jeezy and thats where i draw the line
December 6, 2010 @ 07:53 PM
Mr. T

fuck racial stereotypes. the only stereotype that should enter into anyones head is stereotyping people by their intellect. anything other than that is just a joke

Not possible. You can't see how smart a ♥♥♥♥♥ is.
December 6, 2010 @ 08:11 PM
feather.

white people love eminem razz
December 6, 2010 @ 08:21 PM
dalek

I think this thread is completely misguided. You ever think it has anything to do with black people NOT going to shows, not white people going to shows? I've never been to a hip hop show that is not 80% white.
December 6, 2010 @ 09:09 PM
December 6, 2010 @ 09:39 PM
Tonglimit

http://www.2008-shoes.com
PUMA is the global athletic brand that successfully fuses influences from sport, lifestyle, and fashion. PUMA's unique industry perspective delivers the unexpected in sport lifestyle footwear, clothing, and accessories through technical innovation and revolutionary design. Established in Herzogenaurach, Germany in 1948, PUMA distributes products in over 80 countries. PUMA's mission is to become the most desirable sport lifestyle brand. Combining sport and fashion is what defines PUMA.
December 7, 2010 @ 05:27 AM
C.Dante

i fux wit jazz lol sad
December 7, 2010 @ 10:04 AM
goldANDsacks

i think "mainstream rap" is more socially acceptable for white people these days than ever before. previously, white kids were hesitant to bump some mainstream rap because they feared the perception of being a wigger or trying too hard to be black.

"mainstream rap" has changed to become more white-friendly these days with less emphasis on things like selling drugs in the ghetto (which white kids aren't socially allowed to relate to) and more emphasis on general things like partying and hooking up with chicks (which anyone is allowed to relate to).

the music goes hand in hand with "hip hop fashion" where you can visually see the how white ppl have integrated in. In the early 2000's every rapper was wearing baggy ass jeans and oversized throwback jerseys. this was the uniform of the "hood" and if a white kid was wearing a throwback, people would say "damn look at that wigger. he's trying too hard". since then, the skinny jeans started popping up. and rappers started wearing Ed Hardy shit (at first) and now skate brands. they started dressing more white.

now the real question is WHY is this? i think, even if it's not deliberate, rappers/record labels are realizing that they need to break into the white crowd in order to sell more records and become successful. so they have slowly been targeting white kids. that's why Lil Wayne made that hot mess that was Rebirth and started carrying around a guitar even though he can't play it. he's trying to make a Lil Wayne image that white kids can relate to.
December 7, 2010 @ 10:06 AM
traCk.

white people love eminem razz

i cant stand eminem aside from maybe 5-8 songs

get with it man, hip-hop is the new rock&roll us honkeys are here to stay

Please login first to reply.