November 24, 2010 @ 05:30 PM
sjem

The 2nd album we'll look at for the music club is Kanye West's 5th studio album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Released on the 22 November of this year, the critically acclaimed album has projected first week sales of around 600k.

All of the songs can be found on youtube or this stream meetthadealer.com/listen-to-kanye-wests-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-full-album/.

So use this thread to post reviews/opinions on the album (no goat discussion) or just merely vote in the poll of what rating you think it deserves out of 5.

Thanks.
November 24, 2010 @ 06:28 PM
BubbaC18

Even though there was no surprises on the album I thought it was great, The production and use of features was the main highlight of the album. The only drawback that I thought of was how short it was. All the songs are heaters it's definitely a must hear
November 24, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
2thoro

3.5/5

nice production, but i got no interest in hearing this nicca rap.

blows my mind that people can stand hearing his wack voice and nonexistent flow for long periods of time.
November 24, 2010 @ 06:59 PM
sirdorian

think i´m listen to this record 10 times a day...still like it. and a 94 out of 31 reviews at metacritic is massive.
November 24, 2010 @ 08:05 PM
Constellations

yeah i have had it on repeat nonstop since tuesday. and i wouldnt say its short. a lot of the songs are over 6 minutes. i think when i put it on itunes it said it was 68 mins long or somewhere near that.

Lost in the World gives me goosebumps. smile

5/5

\X/

November 24, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

5/5

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

November 24, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
Shoutbox

5/5

epic production
all-star cast
great theme
and good lyrics.

im not gonna go crazy in depth or anything, check the MBDTF thread for that. im just gonna say kanye came correct on this one, he did what he had to do. stand out tracks are Dark Fantasy and Blame Game for me.
November 25, 2010 @ 02:35 AM
sjem

Even though there was no surprises on the album I thought it was great, The production and use of features was the main highlight of the album. The only drawback that I thought of was how short it was. All the songs are heaters it's definitely a must hear

It's only 5-10 minutes shorter than College Dropout which is his longest album. So it's not really that short, it just has fewer tracks.
November 25, 2010 @ 03:38 AM
xVILLN

1/5>sad

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

November 25, 2010 @ 03:52 AM
da

4/5
I liked everything about the album I just don't like that we heard some of these songs already and he uses the distortion effect too much.
November 25, 2010 @ 05:00 AM
dylanjohn

Only had the album for a few weeks, and bored of it already. I feel that the melodies and shit are too catchy therefore i had that shit repeating in my head all the time, hence the fact im giving the album a long rest.
November 25, 2010 @ 08:06 AM
VANCITY

4/5
I liked everything about the album I just don't like that we heard some of these songs already and he uses the distortion effect too much.

. i find myself skipping a couple tracks here n there
November 26, 2010 @ 09:30 AM
DStyles

So I just bumped the album for the first time... and well I'm going to refrain from writting a review main reason because I don't want to turn this into an argument. All the bad things I have to say about this album are just wrong on sa many levels that it may cause Kanye to commit suicide. All I have to say is that pitchfork is one of the worst music websites in the world. They're biased towards indie rock and this album... well yeah it sounded like one.

I give it a 2 out of 5.

Just saying that I enjoyed Taylor Swift's album more.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

November 26, 2010 @ 12:17 PM
sjem

^Any particular reasons why you thought it was so bad?
November 26, 2010 @ 12:22 PM
DStyles

The album had an indie rock sound. I dislike indie rock.

This is probably the first Kanye album I dislike. I'll give another though

LR & Graduation are 5/5
CD & 808s are 4/5

November 26, 2010 @ 12:28 PM
C.Dante

lol at the one single guy who voted this a one star

EDIT: heres my actual review.
i love this album. absolutely love it. it's not 5/5 status imo but its still the greatest hip hop album of the year so far imo. i think the intro was perfect. from nicky minaj's story telling to kind of introduce the music followed by a hard piano/violin beat reminiscent of wu-tang (rza DID co-produce) and kanye has some great punches on it (too many erkels on your team thats why your wins low) and a prefectly executed jon anderson sample. most of the album consists of dope shit that sounds like a dope mix of progressive rock, symphonic, soul and hip hop. theres a couple posse cuts on it that are pretty cool for cruisin in the whip (so appalled, monster). throughout the album, charlie wilson and justin vernon do great back up vocal work, and there is also some great singing on songs like all of the lights, backed up some dope drums and crazy horns. my favorite songs on the album are hell of a life, lost in the world, and dark fantasy, but my favorite moments of the album aren't specifically on these songs (raekwon verse, king crimson sample on power, john legend's hook on blame game). i feel the album could've been 5/5 if monster had different verses, if power had the new SNL verse, if the outro wasnt just a continuation of lost in the world, if momma's boyfriend made the cut, and maybe this is asking for too much, but a just blaze song & a CRS song would've been too dope.

tl;dr
November 26, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
DStyles

that was not me!!!!

I voted for 2

November 26, 2010 @ 12:30 PM
EMU OG

4.5/5

I wish Christian Dior was on it instead of Monster, and if it just had one more song it would be perfect
November 26, 2010 @ 12:50 PM
C.Dante

sorry my review is kinda scattered never really did anything like this before
November 26, 2010 @ 12:53 PM
DStyles

cool reaview bro.... lol

nah just fucking with you... I didn't read lol

nah just fucking with you again, after reading your review I feel like going back and give it another spin. Hopefully it grows on me.

Please login first to reply.