Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 16, 2010 @ 03:04 PM
sjem

This was Dstyles' idea originally but he asked me to make the thread so here it is.

The album for the first week is Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager by Kid Cudi.

This album is the follow up to Man on the Moon: The End of Day, which has sold around 500,000 units to date. It was released on November 9, 2010 by GOOD Music and Universal Motown to generally positive reviews and sold 176,298 copies in it's first week.

Here's a stream where you can listen to the album, if you don't have it already 3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/luisterpaal/44152610#luisterpaal.44152610

It would be great if as many people as possible would post a review of the album or their opinions on it in this thread.

Thanks.
November 16, 2010 @ 03:14 PM

Inactive

This was Dstyles' idea originally but he asked me to make the thread so here it is.

The album for the first week is Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager by Kid Cudi.

The album was released on November 9, 2010 by GOOD Music and Universal Motown. It received generally positive reviews and debuted at No.4 on the Billboard Top 200. To date around 500,000 units have been sold.

Here's a stream where you can listen to the album, if you don't have it already 3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/luisterpaal/44152610#luisterpaal.44152610

It would be great if as many people as possible would post a review of the album or their opinions on it in this thread.

Thanks.

wut
November 16, 2010 @ 03:31 PM
chief

eh i don't feel like giving a song to song review like i planned on.

if you want something chill to listen to, def give this a listen.

not as good as The End of Day and it has a more upbeat sound to it.

7.5/10

•••

November 16, 2010 @ 03:35 PM
C_Augustus_O

Only tracks i liked were Mr Ranger, Wilding cuz am young and These worries

i was disappointed in the album but we all know that the sophomore is the weaker for most artists.

End of days>>>legend of Mr. Ranger

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

November 16, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
Trollinator

I love this album

First time i heard it, I thought it was wack as fuck.

So on itunes i have shuffle and it slowly kept playing songs from the album

so i gave it another try and it just grew on me

its like trying a food for the time and its not so good but the after taste is like "hey"

wait a minute i want moar please?

So far my fav tracks are Maniac and Mojo so dope bitch trapped in my mind.

i dont like autin kusher, dont play this song if the wackest song out of the album for me

out of 5 i give it a

4.6/5

But i dont think its his best yet.

I want to see the world burn

November 16, 2010 @ 03:58 PM
Shoutbox

i enjoyed the album. whether i liked it as much as his freshmen album is still up in the air. i know alot of ppl here will call that blasphemy but i honestly cant decide yet.

i like the fact that alot of these songs seem to really be meant to be played in large stadiums, which i think can be said about all of cudis catalogue. just think about a huge crowd just chanting along to REVOFEV, it definitely would deliver a different effect than say seeing Curren$y (another favorite artist of mine) live. but then there is a a complete different side of this album, the more dark and depressed side. which i guess i also like, but in moderation. its definitely not meant for all occasions, and some one like me that really like matching music to occasions/emotions its very nice to have something to just slow down and chill to.

one thing that kinda annoys me is the fact that alot of these songs seem to sound too much alike, im still having trouble distinguishing some tracks from others within the first few seconds. its not bad but i think he couldve maybe used a wider range of sounds to differentiate the individual tracks. ashin kusher is an example, im not saying that all the tracks should be as hype but i mean once that song starts i know which one it is. almost every other song is like guitar riffs and synth sounds. maybe i just need to listen to it more. who knos

overall i give it a 7.5/10.0
November 16, 2010 @ 03:59 PM
mcampoverde

The album was released on November 9, 2010 by GOOD Music and Universal Motown. It received generally positive reviews and debuted at No.4 on the Billboard Top 200. To date around 500,000 units have been sold.

Thanks.

Bro there is no way it has gone Gold yet
November 16, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
shakintheD

Did not feel the album at all.
2/5
~~bzzt. i dont feel like writing a full review to this album, as i did not pass the third song
November 16, 2010 @ 09:07 PM
dalek

Did not feel the album at all.
2/5
~~bzzt. i dont feel like writing a full review to this album, as i did not pass the third song

Hmmm... that's kinda stupid, no? The rest of the songs could be the greatest you've ever heard. How could you not at least skim through the rest of them?
November 16, 2010 @ 11:16 PM
sharky

it was aiite.

better than i expected. the lyrics were somtimes pretty wtf but i tried not to look at it as a straight rap album.

some shit was real good like "these worries", "all along", and "the end".
songs that were leaked before the whole album dropped, that i previously thought sucked, didnt sound too bad when i listened to the thing in its entirety.

production was chill and definitely boosted its appeal despite cudi's barely understandable ramble-rap-sing-talking.

probably not gonna play this repeatedly but...it was aiite. 6.5/10
November 16, 2010 @ 11:39 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I liked it.

Lots of people didn't like his change in mood or direction but he executed it well imo. The songs I like the most were Don't play this song, Wylin Cuz I'm young, Ashin Kutcher, Maniac & Mr. Rager.
November 17, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
D

The album is pretty out there, a lot more than MOTM 1. As much as I like mellow records and such, I just think there were too many of them on this album. The End, MANIAC, Marijuana, Ashin' Kusher were really the only tracks that stood out to me.

Mixtape Cudi >

6/10
November 17, 2010 @ 06:55 AM
sjem

Bro there is no way it has gone Gold yet

Lol fail with my reading comprehension, it's The End of Day that's sold that many not this album. I'll update the OP, thanks for pointing it out.

Good to see so many of you contributing.
November 17, 2010 @ 07:10 AM
ateeeewuh.

i though pink friday was great
November 17, 2010 @ 11:46 AM
DStyles

Thanks sjem for making the thread.

I may or may not write a review and don't worry Cudi fans(Hence I didn't say Mexican Cudi), if I do write a review it won't be from the Troll O' 'lollo DStyles. smile

So with that said... let's keep using the other thread to discuss what album should be next.

Make your suggestion here

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

November 18, 2010 @ 01:03 PM
DStyles

As I was listening to the album, I noticed that Kid Cudi's flow and voice was not suited for most of the beats on the album. His voice either gets drowned by the bass or drums. I have to say as far as production, this album is great, Emile delivered but when you put Cudi in the mix things just go down the drain. Maybe it's because I'm not a Cudi fan or maybe it's because I didn't understand the concept behind his first album; which makes listening to this album hard as watching a Star Wars movie. I guess in order to enjoy this album you would either have to be high or be a big fan to enjoy even his weakest projects just like how I enjoy Jay-Z's entire catalog. I feel that Cudi along with West are not rappers and just artists. Artists that venture into different genres and put concepts into their actual work which distinguish them from other rappers just like Pink Floyd is to other bands. From a neutral point of view I give this album a 3 out of 5.

Songs that stood out:
Marijuana 3/5
Mojo so Dope 4/5
Ashin' Kusher 3/5
Erase Me 4/5
Wild'n Cuz I'm Young 3/5 (The way Cudi flows on this song reminds me of Jigga's flow on Blue Magic)
MANIAC 4/5
These Worries 4/5
The End 4/5

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

November 24, 2010 @ 01:27 PM
sjem

My feelings on this are similar to what I thought of his first album. Them being that Cudi's lyrics and delivery is above average at best but they don't really suit his beats I guess. He's trying all this creative shit, and I respect him for that sort of but I just don't think he's talented enough to pull it off.

I'll make a thread for Kanye's new album later tonight when hopefully my internet isn't shitting on me.

Please login first to reply.