Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
May 6, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
TheAbstrakt

hodgys rapping style makes no sense to me. his flow is nice though
May 6, 2011 @ 06:23 PM
Beach2theBay

This thread/odd future's experience taught me a lot about the industry. I want to work in the industry too and maybe be an artist but I don't know if I could give up the internet. I love talking about bands and rappers but it's mental suicide to go onto your forums/threads. It'd be really hard not to and seeing what it's doing to Tyler makes me wonder if I could handle it. It's hard to stay true to what you envisioned and to get your message across right too.

That fame shit is a beast.
May 6, 2011 @ 06:25 PM
✡HYFR✡

can someone tell me og swag me out beat

Ġhost McFly : bladelex >>>>> j dilla

May 6, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
Principal Buttsavage

^ kia shine first 48.

edit:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FedDupl0I0

Man I wanted to like goblin, but i agree with most of that review. I'm still gonna buy though to support the HB fam.
May 6, 2011 @ 06:33 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

That review did have a couple points but th beats wernt bad imo. I wish the disclaimers weren't there, kinda ruins the idgaf feel of some tracks but I still think this album was pretty good. Everyone I entitled to thier own opinion tho. Dude lot me tho when he said the album was 1 minute and 15 minutes. Wat.
May 6, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
Principal Buttsavage

Yeah that part I didn't agree with, i actually liked the production mostly. Plus he said he didn't like the r&b feel on some of the songs because he doesn't like r&b so thats not really fair. But I really fuck with about 5 or 6 songs, but that includes sandwitches and yonkers :/
May 6, 2011 @ 06:46 PM
PiagetNoodle

can someone tell me og swag me out beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGwk3_Qns5A

and its all from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrWud7T8q5A
May 6, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
TheAbstrakt

frank ocean verses were dope on this
May 6, 2011 @ 07:14 PM

Inactive

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT2XYrIJHSA&feature=player_embedded
It's not a melodic album, but that's not the point with it.
People who fucks with this is in the rebellious/ or "people who can't really express themselves personally "-zone, and wants a soundtrack to that. This album Is the recipe for that kind of mentality.
A couple of frustrated neekas rapping over monotonous beats.

Everybody is frustrated/angry, but they need to put more creativity to it.

And this dude needs to stop doing that, and start doing this Maybe he becomes more funny.
No wait, he doesn't give a fuck
May 6, 2011 @ 07:16 PM
Beach2theBay

What is that? Rice?

Why did Tyler name the album Goblin? Bastard is obvious. Wolf makes sense. What does a goblin have to do with anything?
May 6, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

sanity? idk just guessing
May 6, 2011 @ 07:24 PM
fristo0308

if you go back and watch his reviews for bastard and yonkers, he wasn't all that fond of either, but I think this album grew his appreciation for both bastard and yonkers, like it did for me too. the only things I disagree about is his views on the production and also Domo, Mike G, Frank, and Hodgy/LB are on point on their solo stuff, everyone's just on tyler at the moment and don't get a chance to view the other people of the group. like the first OF I listened to was rolling papers and then bastard and earl. I think the whole group is good as a whole, there's just not enough room in the spotlight for all them to fit.
May 6, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
RainInEngland

That Needle Point review was spot-on in some of the criticisms, though I do think he missed the point on some tracks (I don't think "Analog" is supposed to be romantic...I figured the "meet me by the lake" line was kind of like a "I am going to murder you by the lake" type thing. More creepy than romantic).
May 6, 2011 @ 08:30 PM
TR€€K€€P€R

I feel like the needle drop fails pretty hard everytime he reviews a rap album. Also feel like he failed pretty hard talking about the beats. The synths sometimes sound pretty similar to a lot of old 80s synths, but no one has really used them in such a dark way, nahmean?
May 6, 2011 @ 08:33 PM
Its_SONIC

that guy gave MBDTF a light 6....
i dont care what he says.....
May 6, 2011 @ 08:39 PM
W33ZY

"Everybody's a critic" huh. For you guys that are saying it's not good, you can only blame yourselves for hyping it up so much. Why does everyone keep posting other people's reviews and opinions? Who cares? If you like it, you like it, if you don't then you don't. Dudes are making it so complicated..
May 6, 2011 @ 08:44 PM
failftw

idgaf about OF but the deluxe version has leaked to certain member exclusive torrent sites cool
May 6, 2011 @ 08:46 PM
Koven

Twitter is the worst invention for celebs, especially new ones.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

May 6, 2011 @ 08:48 PM
*ER!C

Man I'm confused how some of you ♥♥♥♥♥s (more specifically the hipster reviewing the in vid) "LOVED" Bastard and did not like Goblin. This ♥♥♥♥♥ was bitching about the production and shit which I guess you have the right to if you find it too simplistic but they were def improved from Bastard.

Also wasnt Tyler working on this far before he blew up? So in fact he wasnt that affected by the new "fame" as much?

lol the ♥♥♥♥♥ just mad OF dipped at the billboard stage when he was there at SXSW since it was mostly critics at that show

this
May 6, 2011 @ 08:57 PM
DhA

"Everybody's a critic" huh. For you guys that are saying it's not good, you can only blame yourselves for hyping it up so much. Why does everyone keep posting other people's reviews and opinions? Who cares? If you like it, you like it, if you don't then you don't. Dudes are making it so complicated..

Almost like this is a discussion forum or something >sad
May 6, 2011 @ 08:59 PM
JayLovesPinays

Almost like this is a discussion forum or something >sad

LOL exactly.

This is a DISCUSSION forum, where discussion takes place. Why have a thread on OF, if we're not gonna discuss OF matters? W33ZY, you're just mad b/c people are expressing opinions that you don't like. It's life, guy, suck it up.
May 6, 2011 @ 09:05 PM
rocka

^lol

To the guy who responded to the concept album thing (I think it was xaq) I don't think that qualifies as a concept album (Bastard too) to me. Doesn't matter though if you get that out of it that's cool because you get a completely different experience from Goblin than me.

this

What do you mean?

It's kinda similar to Bastard. My biggest complaint that it sounds like bastard when this ♥♥♥♥♥ was talking about how different it was gonna be from goblin. Pretty disappointed because of that. I disliked a few songs on Bastard and I disliked a few songs on Goblin. Everybody got different opinions.

How come Frank Ocean is the 4th best rapper in Odd Future though?
May 6, 2011 @ 09:07 PM
Ryon

"But they don't get it cuz it wasn't made for them
The ♥♥♥♥♥ that's in the mirror rappin it's made for him"
May 6, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
TheAbstrakt

is analog really as innocent as i think it is? i feel theres a twist to it that im not getting. beat is so fuckin chill. perfect summer song.
May 6, 2011 @ 09:36 PM
thursday

is analog really as innocent as i think it is? i feel theres a twist to it that im not getting. beat is so fuckin chill. perfect summer song.

i feel this way too...

as of right now i might end up liking it more than bastard. great album.
May 6, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
lucky

this dude doesnt know shit.

i watched some of his other reviews, he didnt like mbdtf or house of balloons, bitch made.

BLOG http://creativediscourse.tumblr.com/ ART http://lukehaeger.tumblr.com/

May 6, 2011 @ 10:20 PM
superlative

this dude doesnt know shit.

i watched some of his other reviews, he didnt like mbdtf or house of balloons, bitch made.

It's obvious that this guy gives negative reviews to try and increase viewership.
May 6, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
dhkgfkdj

I agree completely with that guy's points about all the disclaimers and explanations, and how a lot of goblin goes against tyler's supposed idagf attitude.

However, he's wrong about the beats. The production is way more developed here than on bastard in many respects.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed with the album for a few reasons. (Although disappointed isn't the right word since I didn't fully like bastard, and this is seemingly an improved version of it or continuation of it)

1. the disclaimers/etc. take away from it, for me at least
2. it seems more disjointed to me than bastard did (although I didn't like every song on bastard so I probably missed the structure/theme of it)
3. for me I've never liked every single song tyler or earl etc. has made; for example, I only liked 9 of the tracks on bastard, and probably 7/8 of the 15 on goblin; some songs, like "bitch suck dick", I just don't get or like

Overall, the album isn't great and isn't terrible. To me, it's just ok. I would say that I like maybe half or so of the songs, but that's it. I don't think I'm going to buy it, although I'm looking forward to other new stuff from tyler, and hopefully earl soon
May 6, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
NoStress

Dudes who constantly say that they DGAF what people think about them usually care the most.

Goblin is solid though I don't see how anoybody can think this is bad, im just not sure if it lived it to its hype, simply because it was OVERHYPED

burr

May 6, 2011 @ 11:55 PM
@abgohard1

hahaha yo these nigggers won, props

Please login first to reply.