November 23, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
bloxheads

you dont have to like it, but you have to respect it. everyone is so stuck inside of that first album box, that it blinds them when they release new music. for instance, i fucking hate Recovery. Eminem is my favorite rapper. but i respect the project because of where he is in his life. and seriously, i dont want to hear a slim shady LP 10 years later. Progression is a really important part in a carrer. anyone who has success has moved foward. for instance, 50 talks about the same shit. wait, let me rephrase that, 50 wants to make shit like get rih or die trying again, forcing some shit, where mentally thats not where he's at, and his fans are like WTF? thats why mussiclly no one fucks with him like that anymore. if you want that college drop out shit, go listen to that. kanye isnt there anymore. people say he;s changed. no fucking shit. im 19 right now, i can gurantee i will not be talking about the same shit at 27 that i was talkign about at 19. its called Growing. xswag
November 23, 2010 @ 03:51 PM
TheCityOfChi

you dont have to like it, but you have to respect it. everyone is so stuck inside of that first album box, that it blinds them when they release new music. for instance, i fucking hate Recovery. Eminem is my favorite rapper. but i respect the project because of where he is in his life. and seriously, i dont want to hear a slim shady LP 10 years later. Progression is a really important part in a carrer. anyone who has success has moved foward. for instance, 50 talks about the same shit. wait, let me rephrase that, 50 wants to make shit like get rih or die trying again, forcing some shit, where mentally thats not where he's at, and his fans are like WTF? thats why mussiclly no one fucks with him like that anymore. if you want that college drop out shit, go listen to that. kanye isnt there anymore. people say he;s changed. no fucking shit. im 19 right now, i can gurantee i will not be talking about the same shit at 27 that i was talkign about at 19. its called Growing. xswag

This is some real talk
November 23, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
Joweee

everytime i read a post by blox i give the little ♥♥♥♥♥ in my head a raspy ass voice
November 23, 2010 @ 03:56 PM
jizzla

Yeah, I feel like thats what kind of kills me about Rae and Ghost new music, its seems like they have barely progressed since '95 or they keep trying to force that same content sometimes, its called artist progression lol

as far as Kanye, people have to understand the shit he was going through when this album was made as well..
November 23, 2010 @ 04:00 PM
VANCITY

as far as Kanye, people have to understand the shit he was going through when this album was made as well..

lol care to elaborate
November 23, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
jizzla

-___-

-Taylor Swift/George Bush shit
-Problems with his girl
-Bad reception of 808s and Heartbreaks
-death of mother
-Pressure to drop a classic album

etc..
November 23, 2010 @ 04:02 PM
TheAbstrakt

everytime i read a post by blox i give the little ♥♥♥♥♥ in my head a raspy ass voice

lmao

but what hes sayin is so true. Kanye grew on each album and it shows in the music and thats whats dope about him. he never stuck to one sound.
November 23, 2010 @ 04:09 PM
VANCITY

-___-

-Taylor Swift/George Bush shit
-Problems with his girl
-Bad reception of 808s and Heartbreaks
-death of mother
-Pressure to drop a classic album

etc..

i dont see those reflected in the album anyway
the vibe of this album was some high fashion/coke life shit.. only personal track was maybe blame game
dinad etc he added a diff twist to his braggadocio and this album is like all of his albums combined instead of him doing something way diff like 808s
November 23, 2010 @ 04:09 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

November 23, 2010 @ 04:11 PM
jizzla

the vibe of this album was some high fashion/coke life shit.. only personal track was maybe blame game
he added a diff twist to his braggadocio and this album is like all of his albums combined instead of him doing something way diff like 808s

Songs like runaway and Devil in a new dress clearly reflected on these things, give it another listen..
November 23, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
ReZ

Bad reception of 808s and Heartbreaks

still favored by 70% of critics
still did a milli
November 23, 2010 @ 04:20 PM
jizzla

^ the "hip hop community" was still giving him shit for that album..
November 23, 2010 @ 04:31 PM
ASSHOLE

the hip hop community is filled with a lot of fickle shitheads, also
November 23, 2010 @ 04:36 PM
jizzla

that doesn't change the fact it was hated on, and that seems like a backpackerish statement..
November 23, 2010 @ 04:38 PM
da

Just watched the Deluxe Edition Runaway, dope he replaced Hell of a Life with Monster. cool
November 23, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
Zabuza

dinad etc he added a diff twist to his braggadocio and this album is like all of his albums combined instead of him doing something way diff like 808s

Really?....nah really??..take another listen and you may have to take back that statement
November 23, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
rocka

^^
Yeah he needs to listen to the album again. How could you say that with lines like "Fuck snl and the whole cast" and "choke a southpark write with a Fishstick" The whole album is about him.

My final view of the album is an 8.5-9/10. Some of the best production I heard. Lyrics were decent. Features were all perfect (rick ross was amazing). Lol See Me Now is my favorite song lol.

Is it weird that this is my favorite cover? I have an strange attraction to it.
November 23, 2010 @ 05:07 PM
Shoutbox

that looks bootleg rocka, i remember that painting being different irl
November 23, 2010 @ 05:10 PM
Eaton

yea the real one is more detailed than that

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

November 23, 2010 @ 05:13 PM
k2dedication

Really?....nah really??..take another listen and you may have to take back that statement

yo nicco where you been at cuhz?

but yea i rate the album a 9/10

youtu.be/8L5K5z4HAdA

November 23, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
VANCITY

^^
Yeah he needs to listen to the album again. How could you say that with lines like "Fuck snl and the whole cast" and "choke a southpark write with a Fishstick" The whole album is about him.

My final view of the album is an 8.5-9/10. Some of the best production I heard. Lyrics were decent. Features were all perfect (rick ross was amazing). Lol See Me Now is my favorite song lol.

Is it weird that this is my favorite cover? I have an strange attraction to it.

i see what u mean, after REALLY listening to it
it is in a way cleverly personal/greatly produced
there was alot of effects on the vocals i didnt like tho like gorgeous doesnt fit imo
November 23, 2010 @ 07:05 PM
sirdorian

got my copy today. love this album.
November 23, 2010 @ 07:55 PM
GimmeDaLoot

On the topic of artist progression, I listened to College Dropout on the way home from class.... Amazing how much he's changed since then.
November 23, 2010 @ 11:54 PM
Jaylib

On the topic of artist progression, I listened to College Dropout on the way home from class.... Amazing how much he's changed since then.

yeah same here. been having it on rotation recently but seeing the points yall made bout his progression/transformation made me think and look at it differently. crazy stuff
November 24, 2010 @ 12:32 AM
mize2DX

This is a great album...But you kids need to stop with the Kanye is better then Nas and Jay talk. Kanye is dope, no doubt about that..But NO KANYE album is seeing ILL or RD...Sorry kids.

P.S.
If you started to listen to hip hop in the year 2000 i feel sorry for you.
November 24, 2010 @ 12:37 AM
knee czar

This is a great album...But you kids need to stop with the Kanye is better then Nas and Jay talk. Kanye is dope, no doubt about that..But NO KANYE album is seeing ILL or RD...Sorry kids.

P.S.

yeah i really dont think kayne is trying to make a rd or ill
different strokes for different folks , hip hop/rap is a real wide ass genre
November 24, 2010 @ 12:46 AM
Freddie Benson

mamas boyfriend was produced by soulja boy

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

November 24, 2010 @ 12:50 AM
YorkCount

P.S.

I think these "kids" are all entitled to their opinions, old man.

I feel bad for YOU because you're dumb enough to compare (I'm assuming) 80's/90's hiphop to MBDTF.
November 24, 2010 @ 12:59 AM
filth

November 24, 2010 @ 01:00 AM
Hova

no pic son

Please login first to reply.