Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 15, 2010 @ 03:32 PM
Steve Bartman

how you gonna bump cole in with jarul/nelly/BOWWOW????

smh.

Cause he is going to be good but he wont run shit
Dont forget all those people I named use to be number 1 or close to running the game (Early 2000 to 2004)
Then people got tired of them and moved on

Its happening to some rappers now
September 15, 2010 @ 03:41 PM
rocka

I could see Wiz putting out a few hits I don't see why you guys can't. Dude can pretty much pull shit (shitty music) out of his asshole if he wants to.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRatLyswFr8 (warner brother being dickheads)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1cCwTrzsM

Not saying those songs are shitty because I love the both of those songs.

He can adjust to new trends and predict new ones pretty fast.

He sold 100,000 on itunes his first week with Deal or No Deal (that is a lot for these days).

Vado / Gilbere Forte / Danny Brown / Freddie Gibbs - No. People are too stupid to listen to freddie gibbs.

Now for the good shit

My predictions:
Diggy after buying 1000 beats he'll find one song and create a hit that will launch his career , Lil B (will pop in and fade away like soulja boi sad), Big Sean (I could see him making a few hits), Cudi seems like he doesn't give a fuck about record sales right now a lot of shows uses his songs so dude is getting paid and he'll keep letting tv shows get rights to his songs, I don't foresee J Cole but it could happen, Jay Electronica - will continue to get praised by underground fans , B.o.B will keep making shitty music and he'll keep watching the money pile up, Waka Flocka's collaboration album with Gucci Mane sells a shit load of copies and gets an XXL on XXL magazine and it will win two grammys, Drakes gonna Drake, Wale gonna not get paid, Asher Roth gonna be consider one of the best rappers in alternative hip hop, Charles Hamilton kills himself and begins to be considered a hip-hop great, Kanye west is gonna be consider "up there with NaS/Jay-Z" undisputed, Jay-Z old ass will still sale.

September 15, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
DStyles

Kanye west is gonna be consider "up there with NaS/Jay-Z" undisputed, Jay-Z old ass will still sale.

Maybe with Jay-Z but not with Nas. KANYE CAN'T RAP! He knows how to make great pop(popular) music but he's far from being a lyricist.

J Cole can be considered the next Nas but Kanye? Come on son wtf are you smoking?

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

September 15, 2010 @ 03:59 PM
Jaylib

i think kanye definitely is (read: was) a lyricist. everytime i listen to some jams off of TCD/LR, i'm just like "yeeeeeea!". granted, not on that nas or hova (sometimes) level, but ye has a much diff style than them i think
September 15, 2010 @ 04:00 PM
rocka

Maybe with Jay-Z but not with Nas. KANYE CAN'T RAP! He knows how to make great pop(popular) music but he's far from being a lyricist.

J Cole can be considered the next Nas but Kanye? Come on son wtf are you smoking?

I don't give a fuck about J Cole. Dudes boring.
September 15, 2010 @ 04:03 PM
Steve Bartman

i don't give a fuck about j cole. Dudes boring.

cool
September 15, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
DStyles

I don't give a fuck about J Cole. Dudes boring.

Chill son, you want to get banned?

September 15, 2010 @ 04:05 PM
Eaton

vado.

+lil b

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

September 15, 2010 @ 04:07 PM
jawesome

Eli.

Eli Porter.

Instagram: prxsh

September 15, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
Soru

The whole fact that Hip hop is always viewed as a competition has gotten extremely old to me. People are always comparing one guy's flow to the next, and shit. Other genres arent nearly as immature as what hip hop has come to. Rappers are always the ones who overemphasize leaks, and singles, and whenever theres a group of rappers featured on a track, it's always "Ahhh so and so's verse was hawt garbage braaa"

I love hip hop, dont get me wrong, but I grew out of following it too deeply because shit is getting annoying.

Just make music.
September 15, 2010 @ 08:30 PM
H. Drew

Odd Future

That would be an odd future....see what I did there....

I think G.O.O.D. music will be huge. They are the most talented hip hop label I've ever seen. Young Money will have fell off...if you can say that. DD172,Jets, & Taylor Gang right behind. Odd Future might take over the underground/cult/stoner audience on the same level as to where Curren$y & Wiz were pre Kush & OJ.

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

September 15, 2010 @ 08:34 PM
H. Drew

The fuck out of here. Today i listened to Midnight Marauders and the lyrically comparisons between Kanye West and them are daunting.

Remember in comparison, I say. Not literal.

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

September 15, 2010 @ 09:20 PM
im_hungry

Someone who isn't even the game yet or someone who's already on the top right now
September 15, 2010 @ 09:21 PM

Inactive

They'd have to have huge mainstream appeal to be on top for 5 years. Only people that can do this are Em, Jay, Kanye & Wayne.
September 16, 2010 @ 03:10 AM
dylanjohn

The whole fact that Hip hop is always viewed as a competition has gotten extremely old to me. People are always comparing one guy's flow to the next, and shit. Other genres arent nearly as immature as what hip hop has come to. Rappers are always the ones who overemphasize leaks, and singles, and whenever theres a group of rappers featured on a track, it's always "Ahhh so and so's verse was hawt garbage braaa"

I love hip hop, dont get me wrong, but I grew out of following it too deeply because shit is getting annoying.

Just make music.

I dont know man, if you look at the era of the jazz greats, Parker Davis Coltrane Baker etc, they were also highly competitive, thats what kept them on their toes, constantly trying to improve as not to get overshadowed.

The hood is competitive, therefore dudes gonna stay competitive.
September 16, 2010 @ 07:31 AM
sjl.

Wiz/Big Sean/Cudi are all already boring, they'll be dead by 2012. Spitta/Smoke DZA/Stalley/Big Krit/Jay Elec will keep on doing them but theyre probably just going to stay where they are.

G.O.O.D. will be the new dynasty, Kanye will put out classic shit for a while but eventually get tired of it and move on, maybe do the Jay entrepreneur shit.

Running the game as of 2015: Kanye running production/beats, J. Cole running quality flows, and some sell out bitches (B.o.B type dudes) running the charts.

And 50 made his millions from Vitamin water, not hip hop.
September 16, 2010 @ 10:49 AM
DStyles

Wiz/Big Sean/Cudi are all already boring, they'll be dead by 2012. Spitta/Smoke DZA/Stalley/Big Krit/Jay Elec will keep on doing them but theyre probably just going to stay where they are.

G.O.O.D. will be the new dynasty, Kanye will put out classic shit for a while but eventually get tired of it and move on, maybe do the Jay entrepreneur shit.

Running the game as of 2015: Kanye running production/beats, J. Cole running quality flows, and some sell out bitches (B.o.B type dudes) running the charts.

And 50 made his millions from Vitamin water, not hip hop.

GRODT is near diamond status. The Massacre is near 5x plat...before Vitamin water 50 was still getting payed.

September 16, 2010 @ 11:13 AM
jkoburov

Running Things
I think Kanye will still be dominating.

J Cole has the potential to do it.
September 16, 2010 @ 12:32 PM
Grand Hussla

other than kanye, jayz and wayne who already got it locked down
and they will probably have a good spot in hip hop even 5 years from now..

i see
j.cole
tyga
drake
diggy
wiz khalifa
kid cudi taking over. no particular order.

i REALLY hope tyga blows up more so than others
but he truly gets over looked and dude can spit...
September 16, 2010 @ 01:14 PM
FROADS

*1-most of u can't seem to distinguish the difference between a metaphor and a simile. As a real hip hop hed, I get pissed off when nukas confuse the two terms. I dunno it's a peeve and shit but here u go.

*2-Common, Nas n few others know how to use metaphors and similes effectively. Notice the distinction between a metaphor and a simile. Nas spits in depth metaphors by suggesting that his mother is the block n his brother is a vulture..He also uses the metaphor to suggest he'd rather be dead than to ever see himself as a snitch..A simile is more of a simple comparison that remains distinct from what it is being compared to. Ex. "I'm the Bomb, like tic tic- Wayne and other rhymes that begin with "like" or "as"..

Drake, JCole, and all those new guys may dominate the airwaves and all.. but they'll never spit something like this..
And this is a new track... [B]
September 16, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
FROADS

That lil verse Nas dropped is brand-new..It's off a dj lantern mixtape..Lol no way, drake and all the rest of them cats spit poetic shit like that..that shit just kills me.
September 16, 2010 @ 03:23 PM
edgarve

I lived in Fresno for 5 years, Fashawn for sure
September 16, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
DStyles

That lil verse Nas dropped is brand-new..It's off a dj lantern mixtape..Lol no way, drake and all the rest of them cats spit poetic shit like that..that shit just kills me.

stfu, there's no such thing as real hip hop!!!!!!!!

It does not exist, you're from L.A. wtf do you know about "real hip hop", NWA? Ice T?

fuck out of here.

DEFINE REAL HIP HOP...go!

September 16, 2010 @ 05:31 PM
RocketsFan14

i REALLY hope tyga blows up more so than others
but he truly gets over looked and dude can spit...

he's sooooo slept on.
September 16, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
Striker

Cause he is going to be good but he wont run shit
Dont forget all those people I named use to be number 1 or close to running the game (Early 2000 to 2004)
Then people got tired of them and moved on

Its happening to some rappers now

but nelly, and jarul man?

J.cole has this talent, that those dudes NEVER had.

i mean cmon.
September 16, 2010 @ 05:46 PM
Steve Bartman

Dont get me wrong J.cole is very good buuuuuut he isnt going to be running the rap game
I just dont see it
The kanye,em,wayne,jayz fans wont allow it

People keep naming these new dudes but yall fail to realize a new group of people come every year.
September 16, 2010 @ 05:50 PM
ClydeFrazier

It does not exist, you're from L.A. wtf do you know about "real hip hop", NWA? Ice T?

fuck out of here.

godammit, don't say that to froads, now he's gonna write a fucking 5 post story on what real hip hop is and how it affected his life on the streets.

Melo Gang All Day

September 16, 2010 @ 05:56 PM
Steve Bartman

Since people dont know how long 5 years is
Shit look at 1 year

Class of 08

LIL BOOSIE
LUPE FIASCO
SAIGON
RICH BOY
PLIES
GORILLA ZOE
YOUNG DRO
JOELL ORTIZ
PAPOOSE
CROOKED I

Class 09
Ace Hood, Asher Roth, B.O.B., blu, Charles Hamilton, Corey Gunz, Curren$y, Kid Cudi, Mickey Factz, Wale

Class 10

: big sean, DJ Whoo Kid, Donnis, Fashawn, Freddie Gibbs, J. Cole, Jay Rock, Nipsey Hu$$le, OJ Da Juiceman, Wiz Khalifa

Most of these øøøøøz rap career's are dead and you talking about 2015 smh
Get pass 2011 and then holla about running the rap game
September 16, 2010 @ 11:16 PM
Grand Hussla

he's sooooo slept on.

yeah TYGA can flow man, people over look him so much.
i didnt like him when he first came out...but i've grown to like his flow.
September 16, 2010 @ 11:33 PM

Inactive

fuck out of here

So what, only people from NY know what 'Real' Hip Hop is? Remember you guys had that Chicken Noodle Soup shit.

Please login first to reply.