Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 25, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
DStyles

Honestly, I can't get over how good this album is. I can't really name the last album that I heard that was as good as GKMC. I'm an early 90's kid but I got into hip-hop somewhat late, so artists like Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, all those artists from the Golden Age I didn't get into during that time, so I can't really count them. I got into their stuff way later, but I think for me Kendrick Lamar will be "that guy." Older heads have "2Pac and Biggie" or "Jay-Z and Nas." I missed out on those, but this guy Kendrick is serious, this dude is doing the most right now. I never really though the West died out in the last few years or anything like a lot of others do, but it has gotten weaker. But swear this man is putting the West on his back. No bull, I haven't been listening to any other music except GKMC since the 22nd.

damn how old are you if you don't consider missing out on Jigga and Nasir.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 25, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
CuttyBuddy

Honestly, I can't get over how good this album is. I can't really name the last album that I heard that was as good as GKMC. I'm an early 90's kid but I got into hip-hop somewhat late, so artists like Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, all those artists from the Golden Age I didn't get into during that time, so I can't really count them. I got into their stuff way later, but I think for me Kendrick Lamar will be "that guy." Older heads have "2Pac and Biggie" or "Jay-Z and Nas." I missed out on those, but this guy Kendrick is serious, this dude is doing the most right now. I never really though the West died out in the last few years or anything like a lot of others do, but it has gotten weaker. But swear this man is putting the West on his back. No bull, I haven't been listening to any other music except GKMC since the 22nd.

damn how old are you if you don't consider missing out on Jigga and Nasir.

.....Don't think you really got what I was saying. I'm a sophomore in college right now, what I'm saying is that I didn't really get into dudes like Jay and Nas when they were in their prime and all that so I feel like I can't really call them they were the emcees of my generation, at least for me. Why I say that is because I caught up late, and I didn't really see them mature as an artist from when they debuted. I don't know, maybe I'm weird for thinking like that, but since I'm seeing this man Kendrick start out (and even before like the Kendrick Lamar EP, Overly Dedicated, Section.80,...) I can call this dude the emcee of my generation. It's a weird explanation I know.
October 25, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
YungBrooklyn

The reason I think people are enjoying this album so much is because its organic, there's no bullshit radio singles that the label forced him to do, its just him telling you his story in his artistic perspective. Thats exactly what drew me into albums like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, F&L, The Cool, etc.
October 25, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
gakidou134

undun ,oneirology and El-P C4C come in mind
October 26, 2012 @ 03:58 AM
CuttyBuddy

undun ,oneirology and El-P C4C come in mind

To each his own I guess. Not denying those are great albums though.
October 26, 2012 @ 04:54 AM
ak

sucks. needs to go blow his nose
October 26, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
CrackPipeLips

The reason I think people are enjoying this album so much is because its organic, there's no bullshit radio singles that the label forced him to do, its just him telling you his story in his artistic perspective. Thats exactly what drew me into albums like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, F&L, The Cool, etc.

Well actually, look at swimming pools.. its a banger, and gets play as a single, yet its still incorporated so well into the album that it doesn't matter.

Kendrick is a versatile and well rounded artist. He has the ability to make the deep down lyrical shit, and at the same time he can turn around and spit a track over a mainstream-ish beat and still make it sound unique.
October 26, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
backlikethat

Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film
I would have bought a DVD. Btw, this "film" makes no sense.

Just random skits that have no meaning.
October 26, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
PlatinumRespect

Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film

lol wow, this nigga missed the mark completely.
October 26, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
gakidou134

lol wow, this nigga missed the mark completely.

..there are people who just can't fuck with concept albums..but then again if you took away the skits to remove context..it would still be an amazing listen since lyricism and production are still on point
October 26, 2012 @ 11:37 PM
gakidou134

^ yeah but when it comes to The Needle Drop, he takes ALBUM reviews very seriously. Notice they are called ALBUM reviews. What he usually looks for is a full album that is a concise and continuous story/thought/theme/etc. The rap albums he usually hates on are usually just collections of songs.

Oh and Pitchfork gave GKMC a 9.5
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17253-good-kid-maad-city/

#albumoftheyear

finally rich hasn't come out yet so we should avoid giving out awards now

I'm not gonna lie... finally rich is the only release im anticipating till the end of the year.
October 27, 2012 @ 01:39 AM
SEToverSet

^ yeah but when it comes to The Needle Drop, he takes ALBUM reviews very seriously. Notice they are called ALBUM reviews. What he usually looks for is a full album that is a concise and continuous story/thought/theme/etc. The rap albums he usually hates on are usually just collections of songs.

#albumoftheyear

I'm not gonna lie... finally rich is the only release im anticipating till the end of the year.

go listen to love sosa and you'll know he's 100% serious..
October 27, 2012 @ 09:31 AM
RA*SAN

Kendrick Lamar spit nothing but the truth on GKMC. You gotta understand wtf he's talking about and where he's coming from to fully appreciate the album. Had high expectations for the album before it was released and i can honestly say he surpassed them..so many songs i can live by on a daily. i salute the good kid in a maad city.
October 27, 2012 @ 03:30 PM
Kevcom

"Things we will never learn soon/In the era where we wanna earn soon/That’s an error; you can smell it in the air and everybody doomed"
Mad respects to Kendrick Lamar
October 28, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
BlackBananas

Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?
October 28, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
mrteebonilla

Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?

need this too

Supreme4Sale:CDG3HoodieRedSzM//Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS14PBG#

October 28, 2012 @ 04:46 AM
murklur

been vibin out to the album all week cool cool cool
October 28, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
RA*SAN

"a dollar just might make that lane switch..that's just how i feel."...ya bish.
October 28, 2012 @ 10:41 AM
PlatinumRespect

#albumoftheyear

... chief keef dumb ass just rapped the word "boy" 16 times in his verses. and thats not even including the hook.

im not gonna front, love sosa has a nice sound, but to even assume its anywhere close to album of the year?

October 28, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
wlllm

Thought this was a good read.

Money Trees is cool

Instagram: @wlllm

October 28, 2012 @ 10:47 PM
PlatinumRespect

My absolute favorites off this album are:

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Backseat Freestyle
The Art of Peer Pressure
Money Trees
Poetic Justice
Swimming Pools (but thats a given since its been a single)
The Recipe

got em on constant repeat! cool

and I have never heard such clear storytelling before in a song until The Art of Peer Pressure
October 28, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
gakidou134

#albumoftheyear

... chief keef dumb ass just rapped the word "boy" 16 times in his verses. and thats not even including the hook.

im not gonna front, love sosa has a nice sound, but to even assume its anywhere close to album of the year?

#albumoftheyear

lol i don't blame you for thinking this album is like an instant classic that revolutionized hip hop.. but rappers been doing concept hip hop albums since the 90s bruh
October 29, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
PlatinumRespect

^ ...what? those are all your words, not mine b. all i said was album of the year.
November 8, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
mrteebonilla

Supreme4Sale:CDG3HoodieRedSzM//Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS14PBG#

November 25, 2012 @ 07:03 AM
stevinryan

all i gotta say is GKMD gives me that same feeling of DAAAMMMNNNN as lupes food and liquor or the cool, ganstarr's the owners etc... its a classic to me. I mean coming up with the line "But the one in front of the gun lives forever" is just too ill! dope MC and kendrick gives hope to this game with so many same-sounding rappers!
November 27, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
hankhill

I dig it ya bish
November 28, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
thrillmatic

"m.A.A.d. city" is a fuckin wild track

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

November 30, 2012 @ 07:29 PM
chief

ya bish

•••

December 1, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
mrh

can't believe my older bro said this album wasn't "entertaining" like what the fuck ?
December 1, 2012 @ 08:18 AM
andrew9092

kendrick holdin that west coast down tho

Please login first to reply.