Kendrick Lamar Thread

October 24, 2012 @ 23:14:31 PM
^ yeah but when it comes to The Needle Drop, he takes ALBUM reviews very seriously. Notice they are called ALBUM reviews. What he usually looks for is a full album that is a concise and continuous story/thought/theme/etc. The rap albums he usually hates on are usually just collections of songs.

Oh and Pitchfork gave GKMC a 9.5
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17253-good-kid-maad-city/

#albumoftheyear

finally rich hasn't come out yet so we should avoid giving out awards now
October 25, 2012 @ 05:34:19 AM
Didn't know "keisha's song" was true as well. Good shit though..
http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/850726/kendrick-lamar-breaks-down-his-track-sing-about-me-im-dying-of-thirst.jhtml
October 25, 2012 @ 05:42:02 AM
THIS SHIT IS A CLASSIC.....FUCK PEOPLE WHO THINK LESS.....
October 25, 2012 @ 05:44:19 AM
http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/184860/
October 25, 2012 @ 09:21:42 AM
^ yeah but when it comes to The Needle Drop, he takes ALBUM reviews very seriously. Notice they are called ALBUM reviews. What he usually looks for is a full album that is a concise and continuous story/thought/theme/etc. The rap albums he usually hates on are usually just collections of songs.

#albumoftheyear

October 25, 2012 @ 10:15:57 AM
lol
October 25, 2012 @ 16:22:40 PM
Honestly, I can't get over how good this album is. I can't really name the last album that I heard that was as good as GKMC. I'm an early 90's kid but I got into hip-hop somewhat late, so artists like Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, all those artists from the Golden Age I didn't get into during that time, so I can't really count them. I got into their stuff way later, but I think for me Kendrick Lamar will be "that guy." Older heads have "2Pac and Biggie" or "Jay-Z and Nas." I missed out on those, but this guy Kendrick is serious, this dude is doing the most right now. I never really though the West died out in the last few years or anything like a lot of others do, but it has gotten weaker. But swear this man is putting the West on his back. No bull, I haven't been listening to any other music except GKMC since the 22nd.
October 25, 2012 @ 17:00:42 PM
Honestly, I can't get over how good this album is. I can't really name the last album that I heard that was as good as GKMC. I'm an early 90's kid but I got into hip-hop somewhat late, so artists like Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, all those artists from the Golden Age I didn't get into during that time, so I can't really count them. I got into their stuff way later, but I think for me Kendrick Lamar will be "that guy." Older heads have "2Pac and Biggie" or "Jay-Z and Nas." I missed out on those, but this guy Kendrick is serious, this dude is doing the most right now. I never really though the West died out in the last few years or anything like a lot of others do, but it has gotten weaker. But swear this man is putting the West on his back. No bull, I haven't been listening to any other music except GKMC since the 22nd.

i hope so. how you feel about Kendrick is exactly how i felt about Lupe when Food and Liquor first came out. then the Cool was amazing too, and i was like "this guy is going to be a legend". then... i dont know... he's still in MY personal top 5, but i don't think everyone may feel the same way now as they did when he first came out... i hope that doesn't happen to Kendrick.
October 25, 2012 @ 17:02:41 PM

i hope so. how you feel about Kendrick is exactly how i felt about Lupe when Food and Liquor first came out. then the Cool was amazing too, and i was like "this guy is going to be a legend". then... i dont know... he's still in MY personal top 5, but i don't think everyone may feel the same way now as they did when he first came out... i hope that doesn't happen to Kendrick.

God damn I hope that doesn't happen lol. But Lupe's still amazing to me though so it's all good.
October 25, 2012 @ 17:24:58 PM
GKMC is probably alumb of the year, still thing nothing he puts out can top Section 80.

GKMC is on OD level

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

October 25, 2012 @ 18:53:44 PM

damn how old are you if you don't consider missing out on Jigga and Nasir.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

October 25, 2012 @ 20:19:37 PM

damn how old are you if you don't consider missing out on Jigga and Nasir.

.....Don't think you really got what I was saying. I'm a sophomore in college right now, what I'm saying is that I didn't really get into dudes like Jay and Nas when they were in their prime and all that so I feel like I can't really call them they were the emcees of my generation, at least for me. Why I say that is because I caught up late, and I didn't really see them mature as an artist from when they debuted. I don't know, maybe I'm weird for thinking like that, but since I'm seeing this man Kendrick start out (and even before like the Kendrick Lamar EP, Overly Dedicated, Section.80,...) I can call this dude the emcee of my generation. It's a weird explanation I know.
October 25, 2012 @ 22:43:00 PM
The reason I think people are enjoying this album so much is because its organic, there's no bullshit radio singles that the label forced him to do, its just him telling you his story in his artistic perspective. Thats exactly what drew me into albums like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, F&L, The Cool, etc.
October 25, 2012 @ 22:48:49 PM

undun ,oneirology and El-P C4C come in mind
October 26, 2012 @ 03:58:06 AM

undun ,oneirology and El-P C4C come in mind

To each his own I guess. Not denying those are great albums though.
October 26, 2012 @ 04:54:42 AM
sucks. needs to go blow his nose
October 26, 2012 @ 06:11:44 AM
The reason I think people are enjoying this album so much is because its organic, there's no bullshit radio singles that the label forced him to do, its just him telling you his story in his artistic perspective. Thats exactly what drew me into albums like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, F&L, The Cool, etc.

Well actually, look at swimming pools.. its a banger, and gets play as a single, yet its still incorporated so well into the album that it doesn't matter.

Kendrick is a versatile and well rounded artist. He has the ability to make the deep down lyrical shit, and at the same time he can turn around and spit a track over a mainstream-ish beat and still make it sound unique.
October 26, 2012 @ 13:04:00 PM
Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film
I would have bought a DVD. Btw, this "film" makes no sense.

Just random skits that have no meaning.
October 26, 2012 @ 21:09:30 PM
Originally posted by Inactive User
Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film

lol wow, this nigga missed the mark completely.
October 26, 2012 @ 23:35:24 PM

lol wow, this nigga missed the mark completely.

..there are people who just can't fuck with concept albums..but then again if you took away the skits to remove context..it would still be an amazing listen since lyricism and production are still on point
October 26, 2012 @ 23:37:29 PM

#albumoftheyear

I'm not gonna lie... finally rich is the only release im anticipating till the end of the year.
October 27, 2012 @ 01:39:01 AM

I'm not gonna lie... finally rich is the only release im anticipating till the end of the year.

go listen to love sosa and you'll know he's 100% serious..
October 27, 2012 @ 09:31:42 AM
Kendrick Lamar spit nothing but the truth on GKMC. You gotta understand wtf he's talking about and where he's coming from to fully appreciate the album. Had high expectations for the album before it was released and i can honestly say he surpassed them..so many songs i can live by on a daily. i salute the good kid in a maad city.
October 27, 2012 @ 15:30:09 PM
"Things we will never learn soon/In the era where we wanna earn soon/That’s an error; you can smell it in the air and everybody doomed"
Mad respects to Kendrick Lamar
October 28, 2012 @ 00:02:36 AM
Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?
October 28, 2012 @ 00:03:29 AM
Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?

need this too

Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS15GreyNoShowBoiiis

October 28, 2012 @ 04:46:17 AM
been vibin out to the album all week smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface
October 28, 2012 @ 07:21:57 AM
"a dollar just might make that lane switch..that's just how i feel."...ya bish.
October 28, 2012 @ 10:41:11 AM

go listen to love sosa and you'll know he's 100% serious..

... chief keef dumb ass just rapped the word "boy" 16 times in his verses. and thats not even including the hook.

im not gonna front, love sosa has a nice sound, but to even assume its anywhere close to album of the year?

October 28, 2012 @ 22:06:16 PM
Thought this was a good read.

Money Trees is smokeyface

Instagram: @wlllm

Please login first to reply.
x