Kendrick Lamar Thread

Oct 26, 2012 @ 04:54
sucks. needs to go blow his nose
Oct 26, 2012 @ 06:11
The reason I think people are enjoying this album so much is because its organic, there's no bullshit radio singles that the label forced him to do, its just him telling you his story in his artistic perspective. Thats exactly what drew me into albums like Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, F&L, The Cool, etc.

Well actually, look at swimming pools.. its a banger, and gets play as a single, yet its still incorporated so well into the album that it doesn't matter.

Kendrick is a versatile and well rounded artist. He has the ability to make the deep down lyrical shit, and at the same time he can turn around and spit a track over a mainstream-ish beat and still make it sound unique.
Oct 26, 2012 @ 13:04
Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film
I would have bought a DVD. Btw, this "film" makes no sense.

Just random skits that have no meaning.
Oct 26, 2012 @ 21:09
Originally posted by Inactive User
Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film

lol wow, this nigga missed the mark completely.
Oct 26, 2012 @ 23:35

lol wow, this nigga missed the mark completely.

..there are people who just can't fuck with concept albums..but then again if you took away the skits to remove context..it would still be an amazing listen since lyricism and production are still on point
Oct 26, 2012 @ 23:37
^ yeah but when it comes to The Needle Drop, he takes ALBUM reviews very seriously. Notice they are called ALBUM reviews. What he usually looks for is a full album that is a concise and continuous story/thought/theme/etc. The rap albums he usually hates on are usually just collections of songs.

Oh and Pitchfork gave GKMC a 9.5
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17253-good-kid-maad-city/

#albumoftheyear

finally rich hasn't come out yet so we should avoid giving out awards now

I'm not gonna lie... finally rich is the only release im anticipating till the end of the year.
Oct 27, 2012 @ 01:39
finally rich hasn't come out yet so we should avoid giving out awards now

I'm not gonna lie... finally rich is the only release im anticipating till the end of the year.

go listen to love sosa and you'll know he's 100% serious..
Oct 27, 2012 @ 09:31
Kendrick Lamar spit nothing but the truth on GKMC. You gotta understand wtf he's talking about and where he's coming from to fully appreciate the album. Had high expectations for the album before it was released and i can honestly say he surpassed them..so many songs i can live by on a daily. i salute the good kid in a maad city.
Oct 27, 2012 @ 15:30
"Things we will never learn soon/In the era where we wanna earn soon/That’s an error; you can smell it in the air and everybody doomed"
Mad respects to Kendrick Lamar
Oct 28, 2012 @ 00:02
Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?
Oct 28, 2012 @ 00:03
Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?

need this too

IG: MrTeeBonilla /// Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS16GonnaBeFlames

Oct 28, 2012 @ 04:46
been vibin out to the album all week smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface
Oct 28, 2012 @ 07:21
"a dollar just might make that lane switch..that's just how i feel."...ya bish.
Oct 28, 2012 @ 10:41

... chief keef dumb ass just rapped the word "boy" 16 times in his verses. and thats not even including the hook.

im not gonna front, love sosa has a nice sound, but to even assume its anywhere close to album of the year?

Oct 28, 2012 @ 22:06
Thought this was a good read.

Money Trees is smokeyface

Instagram: @wlllm

Oct 28, 2012 @ 22:47
My absolute favorites off this album are:

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Backseat Freestyle
The Art of Peer Pressure
Money Trees
Poetic Justice
Swimming Pools (but thats a given since its been a single)
The Recipe

got em on constant repeat! smokeyface

and I have never heard such clear storytelling before in a song until The Art of Peer Pressure
Oct 28, 2012 @ 23:40

... chief keef dumb ass just rapped the word "boy" 16 times in his verses. and thats not even including the hook.

im not gonna front, love sosa has a nice sound, but to even assume its anywhere close to album of the year?

lol i don't blame you for thinking this album is like an instant classic that revolutionized hip hop.. but rappers been doing concept hip hop albums since the 90s bruh
Oct 29, 2012 @ 00:03
^ ...what? those are all your words, not mine b. all i said was album of the year.
Nov 08, 2012 @ 04:42

IG: MrTeeBonilla /// Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS16GonnaBeFlames

Nov 25, 2012 @ 07:03
all i gotta say is GKMD gives me that same feeling of DAAAMMMNNNN as lupes food and liquor or the cool, ganstarr's the owners etc... its a classic to me. I mean coming up with the line "But the one in front of the gun lives forever" is just too ill! dope MC and kendrick gives hope to this game with so many same-sounding rappers!
Nov 27, 2012 @ 02:07
I dig it ya bish
Nov 28, 2012 @ 17:26
"m.A.A.d. city" is a fuckin wild track

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

Nov 30, 2012 @ 19:29
ya bish

•••

Dec 01, 2012 @ 00:29
can't believe my older bro said this album wasn't "entertaining" like what the fuck ?
Dec 01, 2012 @ 08:18
kendrick holdin that west coast down tho
Dec 01, 2012 @ 11:18
dunno whether this was posted but this goes hard smokeyface

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G0w3N-k91E
Dec 03, 2012 @ 01:32
Bish don't kill my vibe!!!!!! this album is probably the best rap album I've listened to in 3 years
Dec 03, 2012 @ 05:13
this shit seriously gets better with every listen

•••

Dec 04, 2012 @ 03:30
Man I slept on this album for sooooo long. I just wasn't feeling Kendrick at all, but damn this album is amazing. 

I agree with chief.
Dec 04, 2012 @ 16:38
black hippy holdin that west coast down tho

Fixed

be careful what you pretend to be

Please login first to reply.