Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 26, 2011 @ 01:46 AM
Brooklyn_718

Please tell me the OP is joking... Because if your not smh...

Also up there ^^^ I agree Timbaland is a better argument.... People always have that "WTF" or "lol" response when someone says Timbaland is in there top 5 or top 3.. But ask the best producers in hip hop right now I'm sure they'll all agree Timbaland is a top 5 hip hop producer hands down, and one can argue top 3.. Go back to that interview with Kanye when he's being chased down by Rosenberg, Kanye put Timbaland on that list and I've heard Pharrell and Just say it also.. He's a great producer.

I suggest the original poster should go listen to Common "BE" or "Like Water for Chocolate".. No one can listen to those albums then say such a thing like this.

Too many trollish ignorant threads pop up in the music sub-forum. It's like constructive discussion is not allowed in this sub-forum or something, it's just threads like "Soulja Boy Vs. Jay-Z" come on man blatant trolling to get everyone riled up...
No disrespect to the OP just saying ! cool
January 26, 2011 @ 03:10 AM
KoreanJesus

no
January 26, 2011 @ 04:35 AM
Reikwon

no

this

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187218/ FS - S/S12 Supreme Hats! Cheap!

January 26, 2011 @ 11:09 AM
Ro_2985

Timbo is top 5 Dead or Alive hate it or love it.

Lex luger shouldnt even be mention with great producers until all his beats stop sounding like BMF if not he is going to end up like The Lean with it rock with it boys or another one of them fads that fade away.
January 26, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
Corny Al

J Dilla.

Marcy Projects.

The Purple Tape.

These aren't real people, places or things. they're just words that people say to sound like they know hip hop. nobody actually knows what they really mean.

You are a fucking dumbass, that is all.
January 26, 2011 @ 11:32 AM
2thoro

oh look a thread where some white guy pretends that something that sucks is actually great to appear ironic and funny.

how original. definitely never been done before.
January 26, 2011 @ 12:07 PM
zinmaru

oh look a thread where some white guy pretends that something that sucks is actually great to appear ironic and funny.

how original. definitely never been done before.

wword.
January 26, 2011 @ 02:03 PM
liveitout

no way
January 26, 2011 @ 02:09 PM
teov

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

January 26, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
Jay

January 26, 2011 @ 06:08 PM

Inactive

Please tell me the OP is joking... Because if your not smh...

Also up there ^^^ I agree Timbaland is a better argument.... People always have that "WTF" or "lol" response when someone says Timbaland is in there top 5 or top 3.. But ask the best producers in hip hop right now I'm sure they'll all agree Timbaland is a top 5 hip hop producer hands down, and one can argue top 3.. Go back to that interview with Kanye when he's being chased down by Rosenberg, Kanye put Timbaland on that list and I've heard Pharrell and Just say it also.. He's a great producer.

I suggest the original poster should go listen to Common "BE" or "Like Water for Chocolate".. No one can listen to those albums then say such a thing like this.

Too many trollish ignorant threads pop up in the music sub-forum. It's like constructive discussion is not allowed in this sub-forum or something, it's just threads like "Soulja Boy Vs. Jay-Z" come on man blatant trolling to get everyone riled up...
No disrespect to the OP just saying ! cool

What you should add with this, is a fit post man
January 27, 2011 @ 04:51 AM
dylanjohn

i actually agree with OP.

Lex Luger is probably one of the most talented producers of our generation, no fuck that, of all time. Who fucking with him? RZA? never that. Pete Rock? pfff fuck no. Large Professor? who the fuck is that. 9th Wonder? nope. That herb Kanye? wait wut. Alchemist? no. Havoc? urghh fuck that.

actually wait...maybe Zaytoven is better

i dunno, but certainly not Dilla. isnt he dead or some shit anyways?
January 27, 2011 @ 10:25 AM
goldANDsacks

how can you guys objectively rank producers in a "top 5 DOA" list? hip hop beats have many sub-styles within them, and most producers tend to stick with the one style that fits them. a sample based pete rock beat is more like jazz and very different from an electronic dance beat from timbaland, which is more like disco.

its like food. i say that mario bitali is one of the top 5 best chefs of all time b/c he can cook the best spaghetti and chicken parm in the world. but i know people who will disagree with me because they just simply don't like italian food in general. it could be the best spaghetti ever cooked, but if you dont like pasta and tomatoes, there's nothing i can do there. its a moot point.

maybe the best producers then, are the ones who have the ability to create songs with multiple styles. like if mario bitali could cook perfect italaian food AND make a bombass burritos, chicken teriyaki, and french onion soup. then my friend who hates italian but loves japanese food can try his teriyaki and wholeheartedly say, that tastes good. the man is talented.... i dunno.

anyways...

so far, Lex Luger has only cooked spaghetti.
February 18, 2011 @ 07:34 PM
Exo

www.complex.com/music/2011/02/lex-luger-talks-taylor-gang-beats-same-scared-of-kanye-west?page=2

I lol'd at "He called me like, ‘I need some beats man. I want to go back in.’ And I wasn’t like, ‘Nah. Chingy, I don’t want to work with you.’"
February 18, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

I was trolling in this thread a while ago, but I got some time to listen to Dilla,

and this dude is hella overrated son, sucks imo. Lex > Him
February 18, 2011 @ 08:17 PM
DStyles

I was trolling in this thread a while ago, but I got some time to listen to Dilla,

and this dude is hella overrated son, sucks imo. Lex > Him

LOL

You make me proud.

It's like watching your son grow up right before your eyes sad

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

February 18, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
Awww SNAP

i thought this was a joke at first.... smh
February 18, 2011 @ 11:14 PM
Eliijah Pt 2

Justice League> J Dilla

I actually really think this, I don't know if you were trolling or what.
February 19, 2011 @ 08:22 AM
C.Dante

I actually really think this, I don't know if you were trolling or what.

damn some of y'all ♥♥♥♥♥s are just...... smh
February 19, 2011 @ 01:50 PM

Inactive

elijah, you like wale, your opinion is invalid
February 19, 2011 @ 02:38 PM
tallymebanana

February 19, 2011 @ 02:45 PM
Rxmeo ;)

Nujabes>Luger>Dilla

Dilla isn't that good imo I really think he's one of those producers that everybody just likes to say is a great but really isn't. I have all his albums and I only listened to those shits once. Only time I ever liked Dilla was that awesome "What If Dilla Produced The Blueprint" thang. Dilla's beats + Jay-Z = Magic.
February 19, 2011 @ 03:12 PM
4cubanlinxpt2

lol its compltely different but id definitely say i enjoy dilla more
February 19, 2011 @ 03:42 PM
DuncanPinderhughes?

Nujabes>Luger>Dilla

Dilla isn't that good imo I really think he's one of those producers that everybody just likes to say is a great but really isn't. I have all his albums and I only listened to those shits once. Only time I ever liked Dilla was that awesome "What If Dilla Produced The Blueprint" thang. Dilla's beats + Jay-Z = Magic.

Can't wait to see how many people says I'm trollin', but I don't see the attraction to Nujabes either...

*shrugs*
February 19, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
Rxmeo ;)

WOAH we need to talk about this dude how can you not like Nujabes?

[THIS IS WHERE THE SONG WOULD GO WHERE I CHANGE YOUR OPINION BUT I CANT POST LINKS SO FUCK]
February 19, 2011 @ 04:32 PM
kng_vln

Dilla influenced everybody mentioned in this thread. Doesn't necessarily make him better but you need to also take into account when he was alive and making music and the dudes you guys are comparing him to. This thread is a joke but thats just my 2
February 19, 2011 @ 06:47 PM
big balla

J.Dilla is the business son.
February 19, 2011 @ 08:26 PM
Jordan83

Fucking Kids>sad Lex Lugerconfused
Plastic Music!
February 19, 2011 @ 08:54 PM

Inactive

what the fuck? you don't like dilla OR fucking Nujabes?
February 19, 2011 @ 09:34 PM
Rxmeo ;)

(its cuz he likes men)

Please login first to reply.