Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
July 23, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
Koven

You can thank him now

twitter.com/drakkardnoir/status/19298417490

and LOL @ currency doing 11k first week.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

July 23, 2010 @ 01:20 PM
.emaN

i'm glad spitta didn't sell that much. keeps it on the real. but props to drake

edit: spittas team>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X10000000 drakes team
July 23, 2010 @ 01:26 PM
CamTitanic

i'm glad spitta didn't sell that much. keeps it on the real. but props to drake

edit: spittas team>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X10000000 drakes team

How you gonna support an artist but be glad they didn't sell well?

But, ups to Drake on plat that's dope for a new artist in this 21st century.
July 23, 2010 @ 01:28 PM
peetee1993

You can thank him now

twitter.com/drakkardnoir/status/19298417490

and LOL @ currency doing 11k first week.

Too bad he only put out 11k albums. His album was damn near sold out everywhere fool.
July 23, 2010 @ 01:47 PM
.emaN

How you gonna support an artist but be glad they didn't sell well?

But, ups to Drake on plat that's dope for a new artist in this 21st century.

it's about selling the right albums to the right people. not to a bunch of bitches who bump nicki
July 23, 2010 @ 02:00 PM
g2289

yea Spitta's shit was dumb hard to find..it was undershipped, Im sure he coulda done at least 40k, if it was available everywhere and had fancy displays taking up the whole music section like Drake, but at the end of the day Spitta's album>Drake's album..
July 23, 2010 @ 02:00 PM
Pinhead Larry

wait, i'm confused, last I heard which was like 2 days ago, Drake's US total was at like 833,000.

I mean, he been went platinum in Canada, but in the U.S. you gotta do a mill in the U.S. alone, which he still hasn't done.
July 23, 2010 @ 02:07 PM
metalslug

drake sold 1 mil almost a month after his album came out yet no one said anything about Eminem going platinum in 2 weeks : OODODODOODO
July 23, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
coco thai

Drake's album obviously sold more than Spitta because Drake had more promotion for his album. Pilot Talk just didn't have the right promotion. If it got promoted correctly it couldve done better than 11k.

edit: but props to drake though (:
July 23, 2010 @ 02:16 PM
metalslug

drakes album had a shit ton more of marketing than Eminems album. i honestly didnt even know Eminems new album was coming out until the day it released. whereas i knew drakes shit was gonna release months earlier
July 23, 2010 @ 02:16 PM
Beach2theBay

Does Currensy even have a single out on the radio let alone a video? I don't think spitta and drake is a vaild comparison because drake is aligned with the biggest rapper in the game and he has a built in group of fans who know him from Degrassi. Spitta is just a dude from New Orleans.Congrats to Drake though
July 23, 2010 @ 02:28 PM
PKMN Trainer Red

Thank me later didnt sell over 1 mil yet.

Going plat. doesnt mean you sold 1 mil +

it means the label SHIPPED more then 1 Mil.

TML did 833K right now.

Em went platnium (sold 1 mil+) in 2 weeks.
July 23, 2010 @ 02:58 PM
Koven

I don't even know how you can compare drake's first album to Eminem.

Typical Eminem fan.

"I fucking hate hip/hop rap but I love eminem"

People are buying the em album regardless of if its good or not.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

July 23, 2010 @ 03:01 PM
faust

shoutouts to the pre-pubescent girls pushin drake's album.
July 23, 2010 @ 03:06 PM
DarianaGrande

Typical Eminem fan.

This...Em fans are so fucking annoying

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

July 23, 2010 @ 03:45 PM
Pinhead Larry

Thank me later didnt sell over 1 mil yet.

Going plat. doesnt mean you sold 1 mil +

it means the label SHIPPED more then 1 Mil.

TML did 833K right now.

Em went platnium (sold 1 mil+) in 2 weeks.

okay, I knew I wasn't crazy.

he won't actually sell a mil for a while.
July 23, 2010 @ 03:47 PM
NZOO

a dude from new orleans who was signed to No Limit, Cash Money, and Def Jam and had been fucking with the biggest rapper in the world for years (Lil Wayne).

i don't understand why currensy gets away with doing so mediocre when hes had every chance in the world to make it. He just doesnt appeal to the mainstream and its simple as that. he's a good artist but doesnt have the star quality.

What chance, he joined NL when they were falling apart. Young Money wasn't dropping his album, best thing to do is do your own sh*t and his numbers I think will grow with his next album.

Don't badmind me.

July 23, 2010 @ 03:57 PM
Konglo

Does Currensy even have a single out on the radio let alone a video? I don't think spitta and drake is a vaild comparison because drake is aligned with the biggest rapper in the game and he has a built in group of fans who know him from Degrassi. Spitta is just a dude from New Orleans.Congrats to Drake though

i know he has at least one current single out....king kong, and a few recent vids but i'm not sure if any of those are singles. i've only seen them on mtvjams.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaBBMNgGDw4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7uo7fzv9LU&feature=related
www.youtube.com/watch?v=snsx14aGzCA&feature=related
www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-zxAF5lcqY&feature=related
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9EuIRsXoL8&feature=related
July 23, 2010 @ 04:06 PM
nostalgia

a dude from new orleans who was signed to No Limit, Cash Money, and Def Jam and had been fucking with the biggest rapper in the world for years (Lil Wayne).

i don't understand why currensy gets away with doing so mediocre when hes had every chance in the world to make it. He just doesnt appeal to the mainstream and its simple as that. he's a good artist but doesnt have the star quality.

Mainstream =/= Star/Great Musician

Curren$y hasn't sold out, he doesn't make club records or love songs, that's that.
July 23, 2010 @ 04:18 PM
RocketsFan14

okay, I knew I wasn't crazy.

he won't actually sell a mil for a while.

actually, the 833k was his total sales up to the end of last week. once this week finishes, we will have a new number, and it is enough to put him over a million. they just won't have an official number until the end of this billboard week.
July 23, 2010 @ 05:11 PM
eholt3p

when an artist is undershipped its because the label doesnt think they would sell much more than that and saves them from pressing 100k copies and 30 copies just sitting on shelves that they end up buying back or the store buys and puts them back on sale for 14.99... currensy has a lot of fans that are computer savy who will either get it online or download it, so does drake, but drake has a lot more fans than currensy. promotion wasnt the problem he has like 6 videos out and theres 13 songs on the album if im correct. they just arent the same type of artist. currensy is an underground artist who decided to finally put out a hard copy album. it was really for his fans because he couldve made more money with a digital release. props to drake on a million but thats what everyone expected and nothing less. the music wasnt thou. it was still a good album. i fuck with both equally. i can throw thank me later in and right after pilot talk. different sounds. currensy is real chill and drake is like ✖✖✖✖✖ we on
July 23, 2010 @ 05:35 PM
Pinhead Larry

actually, the 833k was his total sales up to the end of last week. once this week finishes, we will have a new number, and it is enough to put him over a million. they just won't have an official number until the end of this billboard week.

he will have not sold almost 200 k copies in a week, especially since he only sold like 7,000 last week. that doesn't make sense.

after the first couple weeks, it's almost impossible for someone to have sold another 170k in a single week, especially the seventh week since it has released, and remember I'm talking U.S. SALES ONLY.
July 23, 2010 @ 05:44 PM
DeezNuts

i went to best buy for currensy's album, they didnt even have it.. i need that album.cool
July 23, 2010 @ 05:53 PM
JesusHadDreads

Best Buy didn't even have Rick Ross's album the day it realsed, at least the one around here didn't. Buy FYE had both 'Pilot Talk' and 'TD' on desiplay when I walked in.

How can you nigs compare Drake to $pitta? It's expected of Drake to sell what he's doing now, nobody had any idea of when $pitta was gonna drop a hard copy album. For $pitta to sell what he's doing now with self promotion, no major label push, and the buzz he has created over the past couple years especially since "How Fly", is crazy.
Props to both of them, both are good albums. I bought 'Pilot Talk' and dl'ed 'TML'.
July 23, 2010 @ 09:41 PM
filth

drakes album had a shit ton more of marketing than eminems album. i honestly didnt even know eminems new album was coming out until the day it released. Whereas i knew drakes shit was gonna release months earlier

YA OKAy.......
July 23, 2010 @ 10:20 PM
dhkgfkdj

Typical Eminem fan.

People are buying the em album regardless of if its good or not.

Yes. This is what I've been saying. Everyone in my news feed on fb who had a status about Eminem are people who I know for a fact hate hip hop/rap or are people who only listen to whatever gets a lot of radio play. I heard more than half of Em's album and it was garbage, yet people buy it anyway because he's Eminem.
July 23, 2010 @ 10:31 PM
RocketsFan14

Yes. This is what I've been saying. Everyone in my news feed on fb who had a status about Eminem are people who I know for a fact hate hip hop/rap or are people who only listen to whatever gets a lot of radio play. I heard more than half of Em's album and it was garbage, yet people buy it anyway because he's Eminem.

almost the whole Recovery album was fire except like 2 or 3 songs.
July 23, 2010 @ 10:51 PM
dhkgfkdj

almost the whole Recovery album was garbage.

Fixed. I honestly don't understand how people can say that it's good.
July 24, 2010 @ 12:56 AM
PhoisGOOD

shoutouts to the pre-pubescent girls pushin drake's album.

Wurd
July 24, 2010 @ 03:25 AM
da

Congratulations Drake

Please login first to reply.