Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 7, 2012 @ 03:47 AM
tesla

can wait for the tape. love the leaks so far
June 7, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
DARKLEE º

pretty lame how he releases song after song and once he releases his mixtape we will already have heard all of the songs
he might stop after these three

@niftyneek | baadhabits.tumblr.com | nikodarklee.tumblr.com | soundcloud.com/nikodarklee

June 7, 2012 @ 09:14 PM
thrillmatic

childish gambino is corny as fuck,
no steez at all

Being honest is corny? at least he's not being fake

Karmaloop Rep Code: Swagpuffs1

nigga is getting more aggressive with his delivery. i can respect that

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

June 7, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

no steez at all

he's a corny person, honestly. Like, rapping about how insecure you are is the exact polar opposite of swag. Being honest about being a lame is still being a lame, as opposed to using that big brain of his to

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 7, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

no steez at all

he's a corny person, honestly. Like, rapping about how insecure you are is the exact polar opposite of swag. Being honest about being a lame is still being a lame, as opposed to using that big brain of his to figure out how to present himself as more than a herb.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 7, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

why is it important to appear cool - especially in music?
June 7, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

well I mean, historically that's been the main thing that defines hip-hop music, it's a genre of dominant, alpha personalities, and the consumer taps into it by assuming the POV of the person rhyming and experiences the simulated heights of being "The Man".

That's the art of hip-hop lyricism, but a dude like CG essentially inverted that premise and made it so instead of people WISHING they could be him he presents himself as such a loser that you're glad you're NOT him. And granted, I'll give him credit fr putting his own spin on things but his music most assuredly exists as the antithesis to what the consumer by and large expects from their rappers

June 7, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

unexpected is good tho, aint it? i mean, who wants to be stuck in those parameters when expressing themselves?
June 7, 2012 @ 10:38 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

eh. you say that but the fact of the matter is that street shit is what people come to hip-hop for in the first place. You can even see it in this thread, dude's already starting to filter the bitch-assness out of his persona (or at least trying to) because he's not going to branch out portraying himself as a victimized nerd.

June 7, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

idk what if that's the only way any given rapper has to express themselves, like that's their tool, but they wanna use it for something other than what it was intended? like i listen to rap cos it's a part of what i grew up listening to, but through it (like finding out x sampled y) as well as hearing other music on the radio/tv/films i found other shit. i don't feel like i listen to rap for a reason as shrewd as "I wanna hear some street shit".

but maybe you've locked onto something i/other people don't realise we look for in music? like something intangible to the layman or w/e.
June 7, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

yeah I mean it's definitely not the kind of thing that's overtly discussed a lot and it's obvious that the powers that be are trying to phase out the whole "menace" aspect of hip-hop culture in general, but even with that being said I just feel like part of ANY artists job is to actually push boundaries and be what the common man is scared to be, ESPECIALLY rappers (since their art is so inherently isolated) and CG (as well as a lot of these hipster rappers nowadays) is just killing that whole vibe by evoking the dude that used to get bullied in school as opposed to... say, genuine confidence, not even to mention super cool meta-swag

not to hate on CG btw, thats just my (informed) opinion

June 7, 2012 @ 11:27 PM
DarthVader

^TL; DR.
June 9, 2012 @ 07:32 PM
DARKLEE º

yeah I mean it's definitely not the kind of thing that's overtly discussed a lot and it's obvious that the powers that be are trying to phase out the whole "menace" aspect of hip-hop culture in general, but even with that being said I just feel like part of ANY artists job is to actually push boundaries and be what the common man is scared to be, ESPECIALLY rappers (since their art is so inherently isolated) and CG (as well as a lot of these hipster rappers nowadays) is just killing that whole vibe by evoking the dude that used to get bullied in school as opposed to... say, genuine confidence, not even to mention super cool meta-swag

not to hate on CG btw, thats just my (informed) opinion

why can't it end with just, every rapper has the right to express themselves however the fuck the feel. if that's the shit he went through, what's wrong with rapping about it? he also raps about being ridiculously talented, having 5 jobs and fucking mad bitches, i never got a "common man" vibe from him. I will admit that after a while i even got tired of his life story but he still has enough hilarious lines to keep me into it and he's still making good music overall.

and you say shit like "ANY artists job is to actually push boundaries" and then get on the dude for not sounding like what YOU want him to sound like, which is just ridiculous. I expect more from you bruh.

@niftyneek | baadhabits.tumblr.com | nikodarklee.tumblr.com | soundcloud.com/nikodarklee

June 9, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

lmao he can do whatever the fuck he wants, that's just my opinion. I'm not saying he shouldn't be where he's at or hating on his hustle, but for ME, as a hip-hop traditionalist, he just strikes me as corny

June 9, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
NoStress

You have to admit that he's getting better as an artist though

burr

June 16, 2012 @ 05:13 AM
FLVMINCO

Been bangin this hard.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

June 16, 2012 @ 05:14 AM
bulmasaur

The new joint "Shoulda Known" is that hot sauce forreal.
June 16, 2012 @ 05:19 AM
FLVMINCO

^

Just in case niggas got lazy to search.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

June 26, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
PlatinumRespect

new tape drops July 4th! <3 cool

http://hypetrak.com/2012/06/childish-gambino-announces-mixtape-release-date/
June 26, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
honkie

Wish I coulda gone to the show in Central Park tonight. Anybody that went, how was it?

WTB: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/183997/

June 26, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
Sir_Swellington

this 4th of July is gonna be one of the best ever with his tape. I'll be bumping it all through the night and for weeks to come

IG: j_stew_

June 26, 2012 @ 09:18 PM
honkie

this 4th of July is gonna be one of the best ever with his tape. I'll be bumping it all through the night and for weeks to come

This.

WTB: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/183997/

June 26, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
DarthVader

June 27, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
ayesoobie

Can't wait, it's been a minute since Camp dropped.
June 27, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
mrteebonilla

i still listen to that faithfully

Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #FW14NeopreneGang

June 27, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
DarthVader

i still listen to that faithfully

Same.
June 30, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
workaholic

Camp that ish, I've played the shit out of That Power. Questlove doing what he does

Free country? I should fuck you up for saying that

June 30, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
DaPark

Been thinking bout 'Les' and 'Kids' being his most simp songs

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

June 30, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
DarthVader

Every Gambino song I just skip his singing.
July 1, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
PlatinumRespect

new.

ONE UP.

on the mixtape

www.howflyhiphop.com/2012/06/26/childish-gambino-one-up-download/

Please login first to reply.