The Official Donald Glover/Childish Gambino Thread

November 26, 2011 @ 21:28:46
Haters gone hate. CG da truth

burr

November 26, 2011 @ 21:50:25
Yo I just want to say fuck Childish Gambino. Like, as an intelligent middle class black dude with educated parents who grew up in the suburbs, fuck Childish Gambino. He's such a perfect example of a fucking nerd who just succumbed to the whole Urkel routine and became a corny stereotype. I swear to god, I saw this douchebag prancing around the stage at Rock the Bells (the WU TANG STAGE at that) and his whole style is basically just like Lil' Wayne's gay hipster little brother. Sure, he has the ability to rap but that's really not saying much, and his whole faggoty-punchline style about how much he loses at life is just a reminder why he's a clown first and a rapper second.

This basically sums up perfectly of what I think about him.
November 26, 2011 @ 22:28:59
CG ends Bonfire with the line "I swear this summer will be summer camp."
I might just be looking too far into it, but is he hinting at a new mixtape or album this summer?
November 27, 2011 @ 01:55:12
I heard he is doing a big tour in Spring so maybe that's it? I don't know why he released a camp related album in the fall in the first place.
November 27, 2011 @ 04:32:38
i think camp was supposed to be released in the summer but he said he has like a tour for camp coming thats like a full experience so idk
November 30, 2011 @ 11:25:55
Rare video from the Culdesac album

December 01, 2011 @ 09:09:33
badump
December 01, 2011 @ 16:42:30
he's corny. sounds like a watered down '07 wayne.
December 01, 2011 @ 20:56:44
never seen that video it woulda been better with the original song

i just watched weirdo too and i think it was pretty funny, dont get why most people didnt like it
December 01, 2011 @ 21:16:37
CG fans will tell you that his music isn't made for everyone. He always says in his interviews that he made it for kids like him. If you know his back story and can't relate most likely you wont like his music. He makes dope music imo although the Wayne influence is very evident. Eventually he'll shy away from it. Camp was one of my favorite albums of this year. I tend to see the Nigga ass Niggas don't like Donald Glover's stand up/music/anything he does because he's corny/stereotypical. The great thing about music/entertainment is that there are plenty of acts to follow. He just isn't for you obviously.
December 01, 2011 @ 21:21:52
I think he only sounds like Weezy on his more hype/mainstream type of songs like Bonfire and most of Culdesac. I hated CG when I heard Culdesac and didn't come around until the EP. I think he's moved past being a Wayne clone for the most part.

As far as people not liking him, I wouldn't like him either if I didn't have the same life story. He is corny as fuck but so am I so it's good to see someone like me on stage and living their dreams. Before that, nerdy black dudes only had Kanye to look up to but Kanye's on a different level now.
December 02, 2011 @ 07:24:12
pitchfork gonna pitchfork

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16074-camp/
December 02, 2011 @ 08:01:12
CG haters don't even make me mad, lol, I'm THAT sure of his dopeness

@niftyneek | baadhabits.tumblr.com | nikodarklee.tumblr.com | soundcloud.com/nikodarklee

December 02, 2011 @ 08:08:53
GODDAMN! THEY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED ON MY NIGGA. That last line made me lol fuck. I don't care what people say about CG. I like his music and I'm gonna listen no matter what. I can't believe a hipster ass site would shit on him like that since that's his audience.
December 02, 2011 @ 08:22:35
GODDAMN! THEY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED ON MY NIGGA. That last line made me lol fuck. I don't care what people say about CG. I like his music and I'm gonna listen no matter what. I can't believe a hipster ass site would shit on him like that since that's his audience.

they really did try to tear him up though, and cosign on everything else you said, pitchfork is talking wreckless

@niftyneek | baadhabits.tumblr.com | nikodarklee.tumblr.com | soundcloud.com/nikodarklee

December 02, 2011 @ 09:24:56
I smh'd when i saw pitchforks rating for Take Care.They gave it the Best New Music award and gave it a rating of 8.6
Take Care was ass in my opinion smh
Pitchfork is probably salty because of what CG said about them only liking rappers that are crazy or super hood.
December 02, 2011 @ 10:57:54
wow i havent read that pitchfork shit and prolly wont they legit just gave him a 1.6 then gave drake and 8.6??? take care fucking sucked....the gambino hate is ridiculous
December 02, 2011 @ 11:09:04
lol pitchfork gave both gnarls barkley albums average ratings, from then i didn't trust em
December 04, 2011 @ 00:53:14
CAMP is deff one of my favorite albums of 2011. i really look forward to the future of what CG will put out. I love discovering a new musician and watching them grow and progress.

and for the record, although its a given, CAMP>Take Care
December 04, 2011 @ 16:37:35
i just listened to the album a few times, and it's definitely better than the ep (which was my first and only other exposure to CG) but i feel like it coulda been more whole. outside, heartbeat, l.e.s, and that power have a substance the other songs don't imo and if more songs had that the album would be perfect. i'd rather hear stories from him than random shit like backpackers or even bonfire (which i like)

but yeah that power monologue was fuckin great. be interesting to see what he does next.

oh yeah: i'm not sure how i feel about that pitchfork review, i didn't read it when i said that thing earlier. cos i can see how his lyrics could be seen as looking down on anyone that isn't outwardly unstereotypical as a rapper or a black person, or that he's putting out an impression that he feels his approach to hip hop is new or unique. idk. when i think too much about music i start to not like a lot of what i like.
December 05, 2011 @ 03:59:39
Download Culdesac Zilla
December 07, 2011 @ 02:31:43
Camp tour dates up w/special guest daniel brown smokeyface

https://twitter.com/#!/DonaldGlover/status/144179276848173056

http://campgambino.com/calendar/
December 13, 2011 @ 05:42:45

i disagree with their first gripe, about focusing the album on the "true content". I enjoyed the mix of everything. keeps it fresh. However, I do agree with some parts of the production, especially what they said about Heartbeat. Otherwise, i still love the production.

Still rockin this album daily smokeyface
December 22, 2011 @ 20:16:11
He's on 106 and Park tonight
December 23, 2011 @ 11:50:12
his freestyle was on point
December 23, 2011 @ 17:46:50
Anyone got the link?

Edit: That freestyle was smokeyface.Too bad BET censored out half of it.I hope he spits that verse on a later track or something.
January 13, 2012 @ 02:54:57
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. i slept on tickets and now theyre all sold out and inflated to like $60/each

=[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
February 09, 2012 @ 04:56:33
February 09, 2012 @ 05:01:52
CG doesn't get the respect he deserves!!
that heartbeat vid should be dope
shawty was looking fine!
February 09, 2012 @ 07:57:25
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. i slept on tickets and now theyre all sold out and inflated to like $60/each

=[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

man over here in Chicago they're up to 150-200.....

got lucky and copped for 50 from a friend
Please login first to reply.
x