Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 10, 2011 @ 05:10 PM
StephonPurham

anybody going to the show saturday at the Nokia Theater?
November 12, 2011 @ 02:55 AM
MH3pworth

anybody going to the show saturday at the Nokia Theater?

Yeah Imma be there.
November 12, 2011 @ 07:08 AM
StephonPurham

HB Meet up before show to who evers going tommorow?
November 12, 2011 @ 09:30 AM
xVILLN

"They REAL black like wont show up on your camera phone"

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

November 12, 2011 @ 08:00 PM
MH3pworth

"They REAL black like wont show up on your camera phone"

too funny. such a dope line from one of my favorite songs for sure on the album.
^Kinda busy before the show but maybe see you in there ehhh.
November 13, 2011 @ 06:44 AM
xVILLN

yeah.

November 13, 2011 @ 06:47 AM
notyellow

did you get the badge too?
November 13, 2011 @ 06:50 AM
xVILLN

badge?

November 13, 2011 @ 08:14 AM
overtheradar

He meant patch...

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

November 13, 2011 @ 03:55 PM
poldylocks

you fucks. i want one sad

bitch.

November 13, 2011 @ 09:42 PM
ichigo81

who is this lame fuck really, this review is on some bs, i just started fucking with cg(a homey put me on to it) and it's different, and why is it that black males are the only ones' monolitically brushed as hood niggas, i feel what donald is saying, i love being "black" but sometimes i am the outsider because my interest and travels have made me different and alot of "black" people are scared of travel or different things, it's sad but true and who isn't emotionally driven. I always felt that music i a self reflection of ones' self and if it does reach at least one person that feels the same then u accomplished omething. I guess if he would say nigaa,bitch,hoe,slut through the whole album then he would be cool with the album.This is why common, the roots, mos def, etc don't get enough play becaue they are wordlly and they stay trying to feed us that bullshit soulja boy, crying ass drake.I hate guys that try to over analyze shit and say they want something different, get omething different and then shit on it because it's different.smh
November 13, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
JayLovesPinays

Before I watched the review, I knew he would disapprove of the subject matter just because it's used heavily throughout the album. I honestly don't have a problem with it because, just like some of you posted, I can relate to what he's rapping about. Donald has constantly said his music is for a niche demographic of nerdy, outcast-ed black youth to uplift them. In knowing this, it's kind of retarded to hate on him for rapping about it on the majority of his songs. It really defines who he is, or at least who he used to be. I never hear people complain "Waka raps about too much street shit," because that is who Waka is--he's street. You know and expect street shit from him. Donald is the anomaly, the anti-stereotype, you have to know his music will reflect that. And that music is supposed to be a reflection of the artists' thoughts and feelings. He already admitted CG can rap, and he didn't have a problem with the beats, and he already said he listened to his other shit--so I just don't understand it.
November 14, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
Sammy Steez

Before I watched the review, I knew he would disapprove of the subject matter just because it's used heavily throughout the album. I honestly don't have a problem with it because, just like some of you posted, I can relate to what he's rapping about. Donald has constantly said his music is for a niche demographic of nerdy, outcast-ed black youth to uplift them. In knowing this, it's kind of retarded to hate on him for rapping about it on the majority of his songs. It really defines who he is, or at least who he used to be. I never hear people complain "Waka raps about too much street shit," because that is who Waka is--he's street. You know and expect street shit from him. Donald is the anomaly, the anti-stereotype, you have to know his music will reflect that. And that music is supposed to be a reflection of the artists' thoughts and feelings. He already admitted CG can rap, and he didn't have a problem with the beats, and he already said he listened to his other shit--so I just don't understand it.

My only beef with his subject matter is just because it contrasts themes of most mainstream rap, it doesn't necessarily mean it's better. Braggadocios raps about watching Archer and making obscure pop culture references isn't anything THAT revolutionary. As a black guy that has dealt with a lot of the issues he talks about on the album, I feel like he gives off a false sense of superiority over other blacks just because he has nonsterotypical tastes. KanYe is example of someone who I think deals with themes of not fitting in with societal norms better than DG. The nerdy black guy stichk is a bit played. IMO. I do think he IS a very decent rapper and his production is incredibly underrated. First time I heard that Bonfire beat I was floored.

Fuck your plug come shop w/ me.

November 14, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
Beach2theBay

He goes back and forth between being a victim and feeling superior although I don't think he's trying to say he's better. He's just saying he's proud of who he is and showing other people going through the same thing it's ok to be different.

Check out my podcast Music Mongrel Podcast on iTunes

November 15, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
StephonPurham

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/09%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg#cool%20story%20bro

My only beef with his subject matter is just because it contrasts themes of most mainstream rap, it doesn't necessarily mean it's better. Braggadocios raps about watching Archer and making obscure pop culture references isn't anything THAT revolutionary. As a black guy that has dealt with a lot of the issues he talks about on the album, I feel like he gives off a false sense of superiority over other blacks just because he has nonsterotypical tastes. KanYe is example of someone who I think deals with themes of not fitting in with societal norms better than DG. The nerdy black guy stichk is a bit played. IMO. I do think he IS a very decent rapper and his production is incredibly underrated. First time I heard that Bonfire beat I was floored.

November 15, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
JStorm803

Who's got Camp?

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

November 15, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
poldylocks

me. sounds so good in my ear holes right now.

bitch.

November 15, 2011 @ 07:52 PM
Beach2theBay

He's gonna be on kiis fm in la tonight at 9pm. Apparently they were giving away in studio passes but I think they did it last night. The tweet said they were available at 8:35 but it was posted 15 hours ago.

http://twitter.com/#!/1027KIISFM/status/136300042020597760

November 16, 2011 @ 04:50 AM
Beach2theBay

kiis fm interview coming up in 10 minutes. you can listen on kiisfm.com or iheartradio

also he's on Conan tonight at 11pm on TBS

November 17, 2011 @ 10:44 AM
PlatinumRespect

Donald produced all the beats on this, correct?
November 18, 2011 @ 01:35 PM
xVILLN

This saturday cool

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Videos-Donald-Glover-Weirdo-Airs-Comedy-Central-Saturday-37106.html

November 18, 2011 @ 03:56 PM
JStorm803

^^Yes!

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

November 18, 2011 @ 08:19 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Donald produced all the beats on this, correct?

He co-produces all his tracks with Ludwig Goransson who has been with him at least since Culdesac. As far as the review, I don't agree with everything said but he has some points. The only real issue I have with CG's music is some of the punchlines are cringe worthy. Other than that I thought the album was pretty good front to back.
November 19, 2011 @ 11:27 PM
PlatinumRespect

album is fuckin tight. am i the only one that though the ending monologue was written perfectly, and was just overall great?
November 20, 2011 @ 06:34 AM
xVILLN

cool

November 20, 2011 @ 04:31 PM
Shanklin

Standup was very unfunny. I just dont like this nigga at all.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

November 20, 2011 @ 07:34 PM
Beach2theBay

I didn't like the stand up either. His music is great and I feel like if he told those stories musically they'd be funny.

November 20, 2011 @ 07:59 PM
PlatinumRespect

yeah the standup was surprisingly not really that great. only laughed like twice. and i found it weird that his voice was more annoying to me in his standup than in his songs. but i still love the guy. this album is bumpin in my car.
November 20, 2011 @ 08:19 PM
damnwitless1

Yo I just want to say fuck Childish Gambino. Like, as an intelligent middle class black dude with educated parents who grew up in the suburbs, fuck Childish Gambino. He's such a perfect example of a fucking nerd who just succumbed to the whole Urkel routine and became a corny stereotype. I swear to god, I saw this douchebag prancing around the stage at Rock the Bells (the WU TANG STAGE at that) and his whole style is basically just like Lil' Wayne's gay hipster little brother. Sure, he has the ability to rap but that's really not saying much, and his whole faggoty-punchline style about how much he loses at life is just a reminder why he's a clown first and a rapper second.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

November 20, 2011 @ 09:26 PM
dr3w24

His partner Ludwig deserves some credit too...he's a genius

Please login first to reply.