Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 23, 2010 @ 01:16 AM
Numbers

besides officer Ricky being a fraud, his ear for music is impeccable
July 23, 2010 @ 05:21 AM
KUSH

rick ross is so fake its hilarious
July 23, 2010 @ 12:06 PM
NZOO

rick ross is so fake its hilarious

What that got to do with making a classic album...

Don't badmind me.

July 23, 2010 @ 02:36 PM
Team Lazy

What that got to do with making a classic album...

I don't know that you can call this album classic by any means, unless our definition of "classic" is completely different.

Also, some would argue authenticity is important. Sure, it's all music and that's fine. Throw some lyrics on some decent beats and you have an album. Portray a certain image and you're even better off with the masses. But hip hop/rap is supposed to be so much more than that.

Look, if you want to talk about drugs and poverty and the struggle (despite not being involved in it to the extent that you claim), that's fine, we get it. But do it in a way that says "this stuff exists"...not in a way that says "I say this stuff not because I care that it exists, but if I'm perceived a certain way then I'm more popular".

It's completely different when you say that I am aware of these issues and I want to make you aware of them so I portray them in my music because it's a great medium to connect to strangers, than to say I used to slang crack on the corners and I run from the police....when you really don't.

Say what you want, just don't front about it.
July 23, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
NZOO

I don't know that you can call this album classic by any means, unless our definition of "classic" is completely different.

Also, some would argue authenticity is important. Sure, it's all music and that's fine. Throw some lyrics on some decent beats and you have an album. Portray a certain image and you're even better off with the masses. But hip hop/rap is supposed to be so much more than that.

Look, if you want to talk about drugs and poverty and the struggle (despite not being involved in it to the extent that you claim), that's fine, we get it. But do it in a way that says "this stuff exists"...not in a way that says "I say this stuff not because I care that it exists, but if I'm perceived a certain way then I'm more popular".

It's completely different when you say that I am aware of these issues and I want to make you aware of them so I portray them in my music because it's a great medium to connect to strangers, than to say I used to slang crack on the corners and I run from the police....when you really don't.

Say what you want, just don't front about it.

Ross being a c.o over shadowed the fact that he was in the streets too. I really don't care what he did, but the wordplay, production etc makes this a classic album.

Don't badmind me.

July 23, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
KUSH

comin from someone who knows about the game.. it sounds like rick ross doesnt know what the fuck hes talkin about. listen to his lyrics.. he only talks vaguely about shit.

listen to a real trapper like jeezy.. he's detailed in describing shit. you can tell hes been in the game
July 23, 2010 @ 05:09 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

Everyone knows Rick Ross hasn't been in the game like that
July 23, 2010 @ 09:11 PM
filth

he really shoulve put this on the CD, it would've been perfect.

Lamborghini’s were figments of my imagination,
whoever figured the figures this figure would be making

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G8ujyzyMRw&feature=player_embedded#!
July 23, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
Team Lazy

Ross being a c.o over shadowed the fact that he was in the streets too. I really don't care what he did, but the wordplay, production etc makes this a classic album.

Not to keep this going, and I hope I'm misreading what you wrote, but it sounds like you basically just said I don't care what you say, it's still classic! I don't know why I keep bringing this up, but for some reason the use of the word classic is bugging me out in this situation. Is it classic like a big poppa is classic? Is it classic like nothin but a g thang is classic? Not even close.

Doesn't the fact that he was ever in law enforcement mean he had a strong belief against any and all criminal activity? And if he, ever at any point in time EVER, had a strong belief against any and all criminal activity, then he's basically put up the biggest front ever to sell music.

It's like if Eminem had a happy childhood. Are you telling me that if Eminem didn't have a fucked up life, yet his music stayed exactly the same (themes, lyrics, everything), then it would be no big deal? Or if Dr. Dre didn't roll through the streets of Crenshaw? What if Biggie never slung drugs? I mean these people are products of their environment and all they ever wanted to do was paint a picture for outsiders of their daily lives.

If Rick Ross raps about being a former member of a law enforcement agency, then sure he's cool. Look, if you only care about music and nothing else, then whatever. It's obviously however you want to look at the situation. Ok, I will accept that Rick Ross has made an album that people enjoy listening to (although I disagree with this despite being a former Rick Ross fan). But you can't tell me that dude has lost mad respect and he's basically a front. He is exploiting an idea of a lifestyle that other people actually lived.

And if after all of this, you can look beyond everything and just say fuck it he's got some beats RICKY ROSS WASSUP BITCHES then that's on you. Roll to his music. But like I said in my other post, I feel that hip hop/rap should be more than some shitty lyrics and beats with popular guest artists. But then again, maybe my expectations are too high.

Hip hop is breaking my heart sad

P.S. I think people like drake fucking suck, so maybe I'm just not one of the cool kids these days. *shrug*

P.S.S. this in no way is an attack or anything like that to Dyo or anybody who is still a Rick Ross fan. I really don't want to seem like a big internet tough guy or anything hahaha. I guess I'm just sort of confused as to why some these issues aren't as big of a deal and want to spark a conversation about it. Have we really come to a point where things like being legit just don't matter anymore? And as long as it's got some guest artists (who by the way also suck but for whatever reason are just popular coughdiddycough), and it's on the radio, we can call it "classic"?

Everyone knows Rick Ross hasn't been in the game like that

And if this is actually the case, which it seems to be, then I'm even more confused. Like, do people just not give a fuck anymore? I feel like music is the new reality tv. People just love shit for whatever reason.
July 23, 2010 @ 11:05 PM
ClydeFrazier

no CO really wants to be a fucking CO unless you're completely fucked in the head. it's a shitty ass job that most people take because they have few other options.

plus its a possibility he was a crooked CO that sold drugs through there, i'm sure many of them do.

you make alot of good points, but either way i still fuck with ross.

Melo Gang All Day

July 23, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
Beach2theBay

I'm iffy about Rawse.
1) He named himself after the man who spread crack in Los Angeles which had a personal affect on a lot of people I know.
2) I know most rappers lie about some portion of their criminal past but this dude was a C.O. so he's probably flat out lying
3) I don't want to hear songs about his fat ass eating pussy (no homo)
4) I don't really like his voice/flow

but B.M.F. fucking knocks in the whip cool

Check out my podcast Music Mongrel Podcast on iTunes

July 23, 2010 @ 11:57 PM
57s

listen to a real trapper like jeezy..

If Jeezy was a "REAL" trapper, he'd be in jail along with Big Meech & the whole Black Mafia Family.
July 24, 2010 @ 12:01 AM
im_hungry

July 24, 2010 @ 01:59 AM
Dray

^lmfaooo!!!!!!!
July 24, 2010 @ 02:00 AM
PKMN Trainer Red

11 tracks is too short to buy..
July 24, 2010 @ 02:16 AM
KobraKai88

thats how potential classic albums should made 11-14 tracks
July 24, 2010 @ 02:17 AM
KobraKai88

*should be made
July 24, 2010 @ 02:31 AM
db_cooper

what the fuck?
July 24, 2010 @ 05:33 AM
Shaun

I'd prefer 11-12 tracks worked on til there perfect than 15-16 half-hearted joints.
July 24, 2010 @ 05:59 AM
SKNI1

Not to keep this going, and I hope I'm misreading what you wrote, but it sounds like you basically just said I don't care what you say, it's still classic! I don't know why I keep bringing this up, but for some reason the use of the word classic is bugging me out in this situation. Is it classic like a big poppa is classic? Is it classic like nothin but a g thang is classic? Not even close.

Shortened it.

Yes Rozay was a C.O. but he still claims he was from the hood etc.

If ur gonna take every rappers words for wut it is and not be a hypocrite you can't put Rozay on a class of his own.

I mean, he could be a crooked officer or a criminal trying to look good, i dont even know.

Read a couple of pages down and youll see I thought like you but then I realized you can't prove most things rappers say, and for the most part its just entertainment, so might as well roll with it.

And plus some of the realest nigs in the game cosign him so...
July 24, 2010 @ 06:08 AM
KUSH

If Jeezy was a "REAL" trapper, he'd be in jail along with Big Meech & the whole Black Mafia Family.

thats why big meech cosigns jeezy?
July 24, 2010 @ 11:44 AM
NZOO

Lets get back to the music, niqqas typing up walls of text about why he sucks etc, he isn't real... At the end of the day, this album makes me want to slap a bitch and roll a blunt.

Don't badmind me.

July 24, 2010 @ 03:27 PM
filth

Shortened it.

Yes Rozay was a C.O. but he still claims he was from the hood etc.

If ur gonna take every rappers words for wut it is and not be a hypocrite you can't put Rozay on a class of his own.

I mean, he could be a crooked officer or a criminal trying to look good, i dont even know.

Read a couple of pages down and youll see I thought like you but then I realized you can't prove most things rappers say, and for the most part its just entertainment, so might as well roll with it.

And plus some of the realest nigs in the game cosign him so...

word...i mean he must be doin something right, even if he was an officer. Kanye, Jay-Z, Wayne, Nas all fuck with ross. To me, those guys basically run the rap game right now....whether u guys agree with me or not, its the truth.
July 24, 2010 @ 03:39 PM
PKMN Trainer Red

word...i mean he must be doin something right, even if he was an officer. Kanye, Jay-Z, Wayne, Nas all fuck with ross. To me, those guys basically run the rap game right now....whether u guys agree with me or not, its the truth.

Yes, hes doin right by making good music and his beef with 50.
If it wasnt for 50, nobody would wanna rock wit Ross.
Jay did a song wit him to make 50 fall more.
Dude had the heart to call out Eminem and call him a Honkey.

Dude knew he would get his butt handed to him which is why he
backed out.

Eminem, Jay, Drake, Kanye (IN THAT ORDER) are running Rap right now.
July 25, 2010 @ 04:28 PM
ElectricDrop

why isnt there more love for rossay?!
July 27, 2010 @ 01:56 PM
BIRTH

LA Leakers x Rick Ross bit.ly/bZxKSJ

Talk Teflon Don, Miami Heat, Wing Stop, etc.

July 27, 2010 @ 02:52 PM
Real_City_Jon

thats why big meech cosigns jeezy?

he cosigned ross' track also
July 27, 2010 @ 03:54 PM
ClydeFrazier

Yes, hes doin right by making good music and his beef with 50.
If it wasnt for 50, nobody would wanna rock wit Ross.
Jay did a song wit him to make 50 fall more.
Dude had the heart to call out Eminem and call him a Honkey.

Dude knew he would get his butt handed to him which is why he
backed out.

Eminem, Jay, Drake, Kanye (IN THAT ORDER) are running Rap right now.

you don't know very much do you? weezy jeezy and hov fucked with ross long before beef with 50 started

i got love for em's album but most don't, he's not considered to be on top of the game right now

drake's album sucked and the only people that liked it are fanboys and females

kanye's put out power and that's about it. his track with cudi has, if anything, lowered his status

jay hasn't put out new shit in months aside from features

ross is on top. period.

Melo Gang All Day

July 27, 2010 @ 06:28 PM
filth

what are the numbers for first week?

edit: it says hes sold 188,816 copies
July 29, 2010 @ 06:12 PM
ClydeFrazier

i can't stop listening to this album

i think i'm big meech
larry hoover