SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
July 18, 2010 @ 08:55 PM
Bubbs619

Funny you list J Cole, no hate but in every song on The Warm Up he refers to sex or something related but does that mean his music has no substance?
July 19, 2010 @ 12:08 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

lol mindearser, thats the stupidest reply ever. ross is not even close from being the richest, why would i choose him if i was a balla hata?

When did I say Ross is the richest? I said he's making more money than you.

Also I'm sure every musician has done exactly what they say in their songs.

Plus he must be doing something right when he has features like Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye, and T.I. but what do I know I listen to music with no substance

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

July 19, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
ClydeFrazier

ignore the trolls guys, this is the rick ross APPRECIATION thread

Melo Gang All Day

July 19, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
Finessence

Ross may warrant a lot of hate from trying to undermine his C.O. involvement but, I think he's redeeming himself by releasing ill music. Lot of these rappers didnt live these drug dealing, kingpin lifestyle. It's simply art and creativity. They're simply authors penning great tunes from their own imaginations and partial street knowledge. Most of these dudes came up in the slums so, it's not like they're totally oblivious to what's going on.
July 19, 2010 @ 02:16 AM
SKNI1

No one here really cares about your opinion.. find other people that don't like Rick Ross and talk shit with them

lol it doesnt matter if u care or not ill still voice it u fucking terrorist

Funny you list J Cole, no hate but in every song on The Warm Up he refers to sex or something related but does that mean his music has no substance?

....like rly, j cole only talks bout sex? like ross does wit money and g shit?

and j cole references to sex have way more substance than ross's on his gangster life. ross talks about it like a fantasy, like an exterior informed person.

When did I say Ross is the richest? I said he's making more money than you.

Also I'm sure every musician has done exactly what they say in their songs.

Plus he must be doing something right when he has features like Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye, and T.I. but what do I know I listen to music with no substance

i said that he isnt the richest because EVERY SUCCESSFUL RAPPER IS RICHER THAN ME, so why would I pick on Ross if his richness doesnt even stand out? u guys r fkn dumb.

i already talked about this.

he must. that doesnt mean hes not a fraud.

Ross may warrant a lot of hate from trying to undermine his C.O. involvement but, I think he's redeeming himself by releasing ill music. Lot of these rappers didnt live these drug dealing, kingpin lifestyle. It's simply art and creativity. They're simply authors penning great tunes from their own imaginations and partial street knowledge. Most of these dudes came up in the slums so, it's not like they're totally oblivious to what's going on.

rick ross was from the slum?

anyways, if u guys dont want me in this thread stop responding. hes a gimmick rapper and u guys respect him, i dont. end.
July 19, 2010 @ 11:55 AM
coco thai

Okay well anyway,
the albums out tmrw yall... COP THAT SHIT. (;
July 20, 2010 @ 07:45 AM
JesusHadDreads

Going to buy it today, anybody else doing the same?
July 20, 2010 @ 08:40 AM
SKNI1

You know, I realize that i might've been a bit too harsh on that ✖✖✖✖✖ and even hyprocrite.

He was a c.o for 1.5 year but nothing proves he didnt sell coke etc. and he grew up poor, and as far as I can tell even the greats like raekwon dont have a prob wit the ✖✖✖✖✖... I was treating him unfairly compared to all the other rappers named after a drug dealer and claim to have been one.

Its just entertainment, ye, but stillz, ah fuck that.

The album sounds cool.
July 20, 2010 @ 10:04 AM
vxnick

Whatever Ross's real background is who cares. The rap lifestyle that most of these people are claiming is about as real as the stories on WWE. I'd dare to say 90% of the popular rappers out aren't living the thug life they had claimed they are in songs, but you know what? Ever since the whole C.O. thing came about with Ross his music has gotten extremely better. Mafia Music? So damn good. Ross has been going so hard lately and hes easily one of the best mainstream rappers out right now.

Either way, downloaded the leak and then purchased first thing this morning. Definitely worth the purchase cool
July 20, 2010 @ 11:31 AM
freewilliee

Aston martin music is pure piff
July 20, 2010 @ 12:30 PM
LeeRain

i don't like this entire album. maybach music 3 sucks balls. >sad
July 20, 2010 @ 04:39 PM
ricken_ram

^^^
well i would say its better than the second, but not the first
July 20, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
JesusHadDreads

Bought the album today, im on 'Free Mason'.. so far so good.

Edit: 'No.1' is pretty good, but it sounds just like Diddy's "Hello Goodmorning" and It would be way better if Diddy wasn't on it. ✖✖✖✖✖ don't even write his own shit...
July 20, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
HEAD HONCHO

goddamn this shit is getting too much hype. it's good, but not THAT good. ross starts fuckin with puff and everyone hops on his nuts or wut? i vote teflon don for most mediocre "BEST ALBUM OF 2010"
July 20, 2010 @ 05:58 PM

Inactive

I respect the Bawse. He went from rapping things like
"car smell like blue cheese", and "I fucks pianos", to
not getting slaughtered by Jay Z on a song.
Prawps.
July 20, 2010 @ 06:10 PM
JesusHadDreads

'Austin Martin Music' Sounds like 'Light Up' due to Drake's part of the chorus, still a good track.
'All over the world' is a good outro, but Ross shoulda left the Chorus for Raphael... shit is jokes lol.

And this is a really short album, but worth the $10.
July 20, 2010 @ 06:10 PM
dmiriz

No comparison unless you're talking about weight.
Rick Ross makes dope ass songs but he's not lyrical as Biggie was

lol ya?
July 21, 2010 @ 12:23 PM
Shaun

Ricky Rozay is stirring up trouble again because of a name, but this time it's because of the name of his album. His album, Teflon Don, was the nickname of mob boss John Gotti and his grandson is speaking out for his grandfather.

Gotti's grandson, Carmine Agnello, said Ricky should have gotten the ok from his family first.

My grandfather paid his dues for that nickname. That was my grandfather's life.

He should have asked for permission. A standup, respectable guy would come and ask 'If I could use the nickname. I think he's a great artist, but you can't just start calling yourself that to sell records ...He wants to go for that whole image, but hey, be yourself.

Agnello also took a quick shot at Ricky.

Only in America can you go from being a corrections officer to calling yourself Teflon Don. (lol)
July 21, 2010 @ 12:37 PM
JesusHadDreads

Haters Gon Hate.

Another thing I like about this album is that there is less 'songs for the ladies' on here. I Think "Austin Martin Music" is the only song that can be considered a song for the girls.
July 21, 2010 @ 03:52 PM
NZOO

This is the hardest shit to drop this year, niqqaz better step their bars up.

Don't badmind me.

July 21, 2010 @ 05:29 PM
beenyce

Aston martin music is pure piff

yesssssss *lil b voice* coolcoolcool
July 21, 2010 @ 05:31 PM

Inactive

This is the hardest shit to drop this year, niqqaz better step their bars up.

El. Oh. El. Do the names Big Boi, The Roots, or Eminem mean anything to you?
July 21, 2010 @ 05:57 PM
jmmc

I wonder if this will go to #1 in the US or Eminem will get another week.
July 21, 2010 @ 07:08 PM
NZOO

Nah they ass, this some straight hood shit that I've been craving to get me hyped.

Don't badmind me.

July 22, 2010 @ 01:40 AM
Team Lazy

You know, I've liked every ross album up until now. And although I've only given each song one or two shots, I can't say I'm a fan. I just didn't get the solid/hard hitting feeling with any of the songs like some of his other albums (especially beat wise). Maybe if I have it on repeat for a few days some of them will grow on me. But then again, I figure if I have to force it, then it's not that good to begin with. Also, way too many people not named rick ross are on this album. This honestly felt like a mixtape except with slightly not as shitty production value. Just sayin.

Unfortunately, this is a pass for me and I'm pretty dissapointed. I expected more out of this album but alas, here we are. Maybe next time, slugger?
July 22, 2010 @ 02:19 AM
KobraKai88

its funny how foos hate on ross for being a former C.O and saying he sold coke. Has anyone thought that he could have actually done that? im pretty sure there are plenty of crooked ass people involved with the law longer than him that are still pushing weight currently. this man has what a rapper needs to have a career in this shit, a really good ear for beats, good flow and a command in his voice. stop hating let that boy cook cool.
July 22, 2010 @ 10:29 AM
bwssldr

lol rozayyyyy>>>>

Fore Sale: Supreme Leopard M-51, Box Logo, Dior Jeans, Rick Owens, Etc. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211876#4274526

July 22, 2010 @ 11:49 AM

Inactive

lol rozayyyyy>>>>

Sir Luscious Left Foot: Son of Chico Dusty>Distant Relatives>How I Got Over>Recovery>Revolutions Per Minute>Teflon Don.
July 22, 2010 @ 12:28 PM
Fresh.is.Shels

If anybody wants to read a good review on his Teflon Don album you can check it out on my blog

bshels.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/album-review-rick-ross-teflon-don/

He did a good job in breaking down each track.
July 23, 2010 @ 01:02 AM
NZOO

Sir Luscious Left Foot: Son of Chico Dusty>Distant Relatives>How I Got Over>Recovery>Revolutions Per Minute>Teflon Don.

You trying too hard ma dude, niqqaz want that hype shit...

Don't badmind me.

Please login first to reply.