Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 19, 2010 @ 06:34 AM
DStyles

garbage like this makes me pity the black youth of today.

looking at that gucci bandana, i asked myself, "how many of these kids know how to read?"

better yet, " how many of these dangerously impressionable children know the origins of the gucci brand?"

outside the bootleg crap their drunk uncle brings home, they probably have no idea what "gucci" is.

and, i say this as a black man.

souljua boy is a coon, an embarrassing caricature that contributes immensely to the already tarnished view of the african american community.

this isn't even music.

if anyone close to me even tried to play this shit in my presence, i'd pistol whip them without any hesitation.

Why is this not music?

Define music.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

May 19, 2010 @ 09:38 AM
ClydeFrazier

Why is this not music?

Define music.

you're a child who has yet to come up with a solid argument for soulja boy. all you've done is dodge the question with bullshit like that or simply stated that he's hella young and did it all on his own, making tons of money. we all know this but the fact is his flow is garbage and his lyrics make little to no sense. not only that, but he proclaims himself to be the best rapper when we all know vanilla ice could probably ether him and the only person in the game worse than him is lil b.

i seriously do not get you at all, you're from brooklyn, seem to be fairly intelligent and pretty knowledgeable when it comes to hip hop, but you stay on sb's jock? smh

Melo Gang All Day

May 19, 2010 @ 09:44 AM
DStyles

I already said everything that I needed to say. Just look at the dumb bold statements that guy made.

What does the namebrand "Gucci" have to do with SB?

I bet he can't define music and state why SB is not MUSIC.

That's like me saying Cole, Big Sean, Drake, Cudi, Lupe, etc are not music because I don't enjoy their music.

May 19, 2010 @ 09:59 AM
ClydeFrazier

music means so many things to so many people, it's difficult to really define without generalizing. everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but there's a difference between not enjoying music and recognizing talent. i dislike country, hardcore music, and a few other genres but i can still recognize the talent. the problem with soulja boy is that he really has no talent, aside from coming up with queer little dances.

he's referring to gucci because soulja made an entire fucking song about a gucci bandana, which i, and most here, think is retarded.

Melo Gang All Day

May 19, 2010 @ 10:20 AM
DStyles

souljua boy is a coon, an embarrassing caricature that contributes immensely to the already tarnished view of the african american community.

this isn't even music.

if anyone close to me even tried to play this shit in my presence, i'd pistol whip them without any hesitation.

May 19, 2010 @ 10:20 AM
DStyles

music means so many things to so many people, it's difficult to really define without generalizing. everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but there's a difference between not enjoying music and recognizing talent. i dislike country, hardcore music, and a few other genres but i can still recognize the talent. the problem with soulja boy is that he really has no talent, aside from coming up with queer little dances.

he's referring to gucci because soulja made an entire fucking song about a gucci bandana, which i, and most here, think is retarded.

So you could go and drop a #1 single? I challenge you!

May 19, 2010 @ 11:18 AM
filth

lul gucci bandanna video has everyone who cant rap in it

word
May 19, 2010 @ 11:39 AM
ajaniphoto

He's...
He's flowing ok on this track, but he's not really saying anything.

He's still not very good.

His production's crazy though.

I think he's an incredibly talented producer, but as far as lyricism goes.. nahhh.

--

a j a n i photography: digital image solutions

www.ajani.ca
www.ajaniphotography.com
www.ajani.ca/blog
May 19, 2010 @ 12:17 PM
ClydeFrazier

So you could go and drop a #1 single? I challenge you!

i been had #1's

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtCxvv8Y3Bs

Melo Gang All Day

May 19, 2010 @ 02:53 PM
LMCrep

when someone like dstyles poses that question to me, i can only laugh.

i'm not going to indulge someone who thinks this is music.

this is racist propaganda that merely affirms the stereotypes so many have associated with the black youth of our day.

it's degrading nonsense.

is it any wonder, after watching garbage like this, that many people develop a negative opinion of blacks?
May 19, 2010 @ 02:59 PM
DStyles

I think this nigggga is Rev Al Sharpton's son.

Go protest nigggga or stfu.

This is music regardless of your music taste.

I bet you listen to Mos Def and Dead Prez

niggga this 2010; you're president is black!

May 19, 2010 @ 04:11 PM
LMCrep

because my president is "black," (half-black, actually, considering he has a white mother), i'm supposed to overlook blatant racism that still persists in this supposedly post-racial society?

fuckouttahere, dude.

being a black man, i find this GARBAGE offensive.

i listen to all kinds of hip-hop, from nas to jay-z, my musical tastes comprised of everything from "gangster" to "protest rap."

THIS shit is gibberish.

Soulja Boy is little more than a lawn jockey perpetuating a stereotypical image that does a disservice to black youth.
May 19, 2010 @ 04:15 PM
C_Augustus_O

garbage like this makes me pity the black youth of today.

looking at that gucci bandana, i asked myself, "how many of these kids know how to read?"

better yet, " how many of these dangerously impressionable children know the origins of the gucci brand?"

outside the bootleg crap their drunk uncle brings home, they probably have no idea what "gucci" is.

and, i say this as a black man.

this isn't even music.

stfu

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

May 19, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
im_hungry

Lol gtfo music has a set definition that's understandable to anyone who can read

music - The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.

Crazy amirite?

Now if you want to talk about good and bad music you have something that fits with what you're saying. But music is pretty easy to define, I just did it.
May 19, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Why continue to hate? You all know DStyles is gonna say SB > All so let it go. Don't approach him about it. That simple. SB is music and to an extent a form of Hip Hop. This is what it has come to today. Like it or Not He is a part of what hip hop is today. From the definition he is music as well. The fact that you continue to address him is all SB and DStyles really want.
May 19, 2010 @ 06:25 PM
LMCrep

because it's DEEPER than merely disagreeing with this idiot's asinine opinions.

the image that a soulja boy promulgates -- or, really, ANY ignorant coon masquerading as an "artist" -- does a DISSERVICE to how black youth are perceived.

if you don't think mobs of whites happen upon MTV jams and come away from a Soulja Boy video thinking that blacks are uncivilized inferiors, you're delusional.

you're not paying attention.

many whites' perception of blacks is a direct consequence of THIS type of bullshit.
May 19, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
ClydeFrazier

Lol gtfo music has a set definition that's understandable to anyone who can read

music - The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.

Crazy amirite?

Now if you want to talk about good and bad music you have something that fits with what you're saying. But music is pretty easy to define, I just did it.

Omg rly? I had no idea music had an actual definition. Thanks for that brah

Melo Gang All Day

May 20, 2010 @ 07:55 AM
DStyles

because my president is "black," (half-black, actually, considering he has a white mother), i'm supposed to overlook blatant racism that still persists in this supposedly post-racial society?

fuckouttahere, dude.

being a black man, i find this GARBAGE offensive.

i listen to all kinds of hip-hop, from nas to jay-z, my musical tastes comprised of everything from "gangster" to "protest rap."

THIS shit is gibberish.

Soulja Boy is little more than a lawn jockey perpetuating a stereotypical image that does a disservice to black youth.

This is not the 1960s bitch.

You should be thankful for slavery. You should be thanful that you're not in Africa dying of aids or starving to death. Those people have a right to protest, you well you should just stfu.

May 20, 2010 @ 01:43 PM
LMCrep

This is not the 1960s bitch.

You should be thankful for slavery. You should be thanful that you're not in Africa dying of aids or starving to death. Those people have a right to protest, you well you should just stfu.

wow..

mods/admins, how can this not merit a ban?

i'm placing you on ignore, my dude.

Please login first to reply.