Beats Beats BEATS!!!!

Jul 25, 2010 @ 18:07
Jul 25, 2010 @ 22:09
ok so i've been doing production for fun for a bit and i just started using samples. I've got a beat made but it's just a drum sample (chopped it up and looped it) and a piano and bass sample (slowed it down) but it sounds so full already. what can i do to make it so it's not just me putting two samples over each other
Jul 27, 2010 @ 02:54
Here's a tiny snip of a beat I made. I make a beat like every few months because I'm such a perfectionist that I just end up scrapping a whole project. I'll probably do the same to this one, oh well:

http://usershare.net/lhat7pi800ho

Tell me what you guys think. Wish I had a collection to show you guys, but like I said, I always scrap everything I do.
Jul 30, 2010 @ 16:58
Jul 30, 2010 @ 23:46
Good shit in this thread smokeyface

Here's some new shit, somewhat mastered.
Jul 31, 2010 @ 00:39
bmp
Jul 31, 2010 @ 00:44
^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm getting high to that beat right nowwwww. And it's amazing. smokeyface

I wanna download it!
Jul 31, 2010 @ 00:54
Good shit in this thread smokeyface

Here's some new shit, somewhat mastered.

DAAAAMMMMNNN! Good shit my ✖✖✖✖✖
Jul 31, 2010 @ 01:03
Originally posted by Inactive User
^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm getting high to that beat right nowwwww. And it's amazing. smokeyface

I wanna download it!

thanks man, appreciate that.
it might be in my upcoming beat tape.
if it makes the cut.

ill post it on here once its done.
Jul 31, 2010 @ 13:11
my fruity loops makes everything sound fast when i drag a song onto the playlist and play it. even the beats that i copied EXACTLY from youtube sound faster....anyone know how to fix this?
Jul 31, 2010 @ 13:19
triple heart you must be a bugged out dude irl because you be havin them real space beats lmao, shit is extra dope tho

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

Jul 31, 2010 @ 14:16
triple heart you must be a bugged out dude irl because you be havin them real space beats lmao, shit is extra dope tho

haha, naw im a pretty regular 17 year old kid. i just smoke alot and make beats
that whole low end theory scene has me feeling spacey though
Jul 31, 2010 @ 17:31
my fruity loops makes everything sound fast when i drag a song onto the playlist and play it. even the beats that i copied EXACTLY from youtube sound faster....anyone know how to fix this?

Turn it down to make slower, turn up to make faster.
Jul 31, 2010 @ 19:12

Turn it down to make slower, turn up to make faster.

thanks but it was wasn't the tempo... i figured it out. it was the sampling rate

what are the best sites to get free vst
Aug 02, 2010 @ 00:29
^^^^^^^^^^
Thepiratebay.org
And download utorrent.
Aug 02, 2010 @ 21:03
none of my asio devices support 44100kz... how to fix? i can only use my primary sound driver at 44100kz.
Aug 02, 2010 @ 21:49
Aug 02, 2010 @ 21:57

man you are good. This beat is probably one of your most rappable (if that makes any sense) beats.
Aug 02, 2010 @ 22:00
man you are good. This beat is probably one of your most rappable (if that makes any sense) beats.

i used the same word today while talking to a friend and wondered if it made sense.

(7:30:18 PM) xxxx: i'm trying to make it
(7:30:19 PM) xxxx: rappable
(7:30:21 PM) xxxx: if that's a word
Aug 05, 2010 @ 17:51
Something a little smoother than my normal stuff. Made Today.
Aug 05, 2010 @ 18:01

smokeyface doape.

rollin' down the strip on vogues comin up slammin cadillac does

Aug 05, 2010 @ 18:13

that is boss... what programs do you use?
Aug 05, 2010 @ 18:15
that is boss... what programs do you use?

fl & reason
Aug 07, 2010 @ 17:31
http://www.permassbeats.bandcamp.com/

really don't wanna post these, but people that i've showed like them..want an unbiased opinion though. just a few shits i did for fun. nothing on triple heart's beats. but just beats i made. used reason on 3/4 of them. looking to improve and what not.
Aug 07, 2010 @ 17:36
http://www.permassbeats.bandcamp.com/

really don't wanna post these, but people that i've showed like them..want an unbiased opinion though. just a few shits i did for fun. nothing on triple heart's beats. but just beats i made. used reason on 3/4 of them. looking to improve and what not.

is reason harder to learn/use than fl?
Aug 07, 2010 @ 17:47
I really don't think so. I think the arrangement is harder in Reason especially drum patterns and what not. I guess that's about it for me. I don't get why people say it's harder, shit Quantizes while you record my ✖✖✖✖✖, and the stock sounds are nice. Only thing I dislike is how big the refills are. Until I get an external hard drive I'll be chilling with all the stock shit.
Aug 07, 2010 @ 18:13
yeah a lot of people say reason is harder to learn than fruity loops. idk why either. i have both and i picked up on reason a hell of a lot faster than fruity loops. idk i just like reason's layout better and it just seems visually more easy to me and which enhances my workflow. i copped both the same day just looking at fruity loops had me lost for some reason lol. i been slackin tho. i'll be back on my grizzy once my site is up and running and i get everything situated
Aug 08, 2010 @ 01:18
i've used fl studio for the last year, but i'm trying to make the switch to ableton. does anyone know good ableton resources? cuz it's confusing as hell and the ableton website tutorials don't explain that well.

bonus: not quite beats, but some musical stuff i've been doing in addition to beats
http://www.youtube.com/user/GenWeez
Aug 08, 2010 @ 03:37
i've used fl studio for the last year, but i'm trying to make the switch to ableton. does anyone know good ableton resources? cuz it's confusing as hell and the ableton website tutorials don't explain that well.

bonus: not quite beats, but some musical stuff i've been doing in addition to beats
http://www.youtube.com/user/GenWeez

Really? I thought Ableton actually had tutorials inside the program and heard they were really straight-forward. I'm waiting for some cash to come in and I wanna build a good DAW around Ableton.
Aug 08, 2010 @ 04:21
how do i start making beats?
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0