Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 16, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
sirloin

New Beat
http://soundcloud.com/shag-diggler/shag-diggler-where-my

this is nice man. You using straight drum samples?
New Beat
http://soundcloud.com/shag-diggler/shag-diggler-where-my

what the funk! woo. reminds me of afro kung fu old school shit. love it!

@somar, I'm going to try to mix the sample and beat a little better. maybe i should eq those rides out of the sample itself? damn, i love me my rides though! post some shit up bro, i been creeping on you and quincy banks sound cloud.
regarding the sample, check the inbox.

eq the rides out the sample? Damn dude that sounds pretty difficult and I actually like the color they add along with your drums gives the time a nice swing. The ride though its just too bright/hard for me. But then again it could just be the fact its not an actual tracking and just a video lol and ill try to get some shit done when I can, but I've been in such a rut lately. Plus I have this problem where I give my better beats to my friends to rap on lol..
March 16, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
tunnelno5

the mpc's got a lowpass filter on it, so it sort of cuts out the hi's. i know what you mean about the brightness of the hat, it just makes shit sound sort of hectic lol.

shag diggler is a break, damn, i forgot what it was called though. i have it on vinyl somewhere :/.

regardless, hypebeast got the fire. i mean, looking how retarded some people are on the off topic, i find this music forum a lot more sensible.

http://tunnelno5.bandcamp.com http://tunnelno5.tumblr.com http://www.youtube.com/user/TUNNELNO5beats/videos http://twitter.com/tunnelno5

March 16, 2012 @ 06:42 AM
sirloin

yeah i got the low pass on my 1000. even when i throw it on samples though I usually can still hear all the drum work. about that last part though, i agree lol huge contrast.
March 17, 2012 @ 02:44 AM
Smugg

http://soundcloud.com/blakkkmanjones/clusterfuck

peace.
March 18, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

You guys got any tips? Noob on FL studio and i'm finding it hard to get a tune i want on Piano Roll, it's like i know what i want it to sound like but getting that sound into Piano Roll seems impossible, any tips?

Nice beats by everyone as well
March 18, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
Smugg

You guys got any tips? Noob on FL studio and i'm finding it hard to get a tune i want on Piano Roll, it's like i know what i want it to sound like but getting that sound into Piano Roll seems impossible, any tips?

You have to continue to mess with pitch/chords/etc. until you get what you want.Even your Reverb sometimes.Once you get the hang of it you wont struggle too much anymore.
March 18, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
UFO..

Never draw anything in, just play it in, it sounds more organic and its easier than putting together random notes
March 18, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
Gilly Suits

Never draw anything in, just play it in, it sounds more organic and its easier than putting together random notes

Well that is purely opinionated as you can extract grooves found in most songs an apply to your own drums/sounds which can be easier depending who you are and keep the organic feel you want. I understand what you are saying about making it sound more organic but if he believes his workflow would be better penciling in notes then so be it. But if you do pencil in notes you must learn music theory otherwise you will rely on happy accidents to make good music or totally fail.

Also FL Studio prob has one of the best piano rolls outta all programs I've been a FL Studio, Ableton, Reason, and Pro Tools user. It incorporates many piano roll features such as chord generators, riff generators, and the step sequencer stands next to none. I suggest learning a bit more music theory as stated before but till then you can go to Warbeats.com and watch the music theory tutorials. I learned music theory through these books, Music Theory for Computer Musicians and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory.

Culective.com //

March 18, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

You have to continue to mess with pitch/chords/etc. until you get what you want.Even your Reverb sometimes.Once you get the hang of it you wont struggle too much anymore.

Cheers man

And i don't draw them in, maybe using my laptop keyboard makes it harder?

Ah i see Gilly, ive Warbeats' newer tutorials and a couple of his older ones, i guess i gotta learn more music theory if i wanna get serious with this beat making

But it begs the question, do all producers know music theory? Just makes me wonder if they just make what they think sounds right, ignoring the theory altogether

Thanks btw lads
March 18, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
Gilly Suits

Cheers man

Ah i see Gilly, ive Warbeats' newer tutorials and a couple of his older ones, i guess i gotta learn more music theory if i wanna get serious with this beat making

But it begs the question, do all producers know music theory? Just makes me wonder if they just make what they think sounds right, ignoring the theory altogether

Thanks btw lads

Funny thing is it is really split between who knows theory and who doesn't. I find there is a group of people who don't "know" theory but are great learning/playing by ear. But there is a big population of people who only sample because they don't have any real knowledge of music theory. Usually though through fcukin around with samples and trying to mix a few different samples from different songs together you learn a bit of music theory. Don't ever feel constrained by the rules of music theory. Also using your laptop keyboard makes it harder imo. When I first got a laptop and Ableton I attempted that which made me get a few midi controllers. Also by knowing music theory you can add little riffs to a sample making it more of your own. I like this technique as I usually loop sample but loop sampling is lazy and uncreative imo so by adding riffs and lines it adds more of me in the sample.

Culective.com //

March 18, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
UFO..

Cheers man

Thanks btw lads

I dont know Music Theory, most bedroom producers dont, and a lot of producers who strictly sample dont, but all the greats do, I'm trying to learn theory myself, so its definitely something you should look into, but you dont really have too
March 18, 2012 @ 10:49 PM
obakeissick

derp derp derp derp derp

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

March 18, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
Smugg

Most producers don't but you might want learn the basics if you want to build and progress in the variety of beats you make.Learn your Major/Minor chords first. They're easy to work with in my opinion. Scales are good to learn too.

Cheers man

Thanks btw lads
March 18, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Cheers man

Thanks btw lads

Funny thing is it is really split between who knows theory and who doesn't. I find there is a group of people who don't "know" theory but are great learning/playing by ear. But there is a big population of people who only sample because they don't have any real knowledge of music theory. Usually though through fcukin around with samples and trying to mix a few different samples from different songs together you learn a bit of music theory. Don't ever feel constrained by the rules of music theory. Also using your laptop keyboard makes it harder imo. When I first got a laptop and Ableton I attempted that which made me get a few midi controllers. Also by knowing music theory you can add little riffs to a sample making it more of your own. I like this technique as I usually loop sample but loop sampling is lazy and uncreative imo so by adding riffs and lines it adds more of me in the sample.

Ah i see, music theory seems hard though i can't lie. At the same time, i think a combo of being decent at music theory and being able to learn by ear is the best case scenario

Would you recommend i invest in a midi controller? Cos being honest i was feeling too, only thing is im kinda at the point where i think its more necessary to learn the ins and outs of FL Studio. If i buy a controller and i'm poor at producing it'll just be sitting there won't it lol? Same reason why i'm playing about with the FL studio 10 demo, when i get good i'll buy it

Cheers man

Thanks btw lads

I dont know Music Theory, most bedroom producers dont, and a lot of producers who strictly sample dont, but all the greats do, I'm trying to learn theory myself, so its definitely something you should look into, but you dont really have too

Yeah man way i see it is if learning music theory makes a better producer then it's well worth it, i always feel there's room for improvement and if music theory brings that then ima jump on it willingly
March 18, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
Gilly Suits

@ Brun on Midi Controllers

Well it is all an investment if you feel you will need it sure why not. I have found I use it for playing simple chord riffs when I need them to be more interesting and when I am playing chopped up samples but again I don't sample much that way more of a loop based sampler when I do. Otherwise I need little more than my mouse, software, and my mind. I am an avid Reason/Ableton user who makes use of the Redrum, Groove Extraction, ReGroove, and re-quantization so I was able to not have to use my MPD anymore. Still use my midi keyboard time to time for what I listed before. I am actually gonna upgrade mine soon to a better 49 key as I wanna get better at playing piano and will prob just use modules found in Reason to learn sheet music. I also have a Launchpad which gets use when I am producing in Ableton quite frequently. The point of this is to say figure out what you are gonna use them for. If it doesn't fit your workflow or another motive don't get one. IMO costs of studios should go as such DAW > Education > Audio Interface >Headphones/Monitors > Midi controllers. Break it down what is manageable to you. You can skip some money costs by illegally downloading DAWs or self-teaching music theory and learning the ins and outs of your DAW. Every producer can tell you the little tricks and tips of their Power DAW and what does whatever you need do.

Culective.com //

March 18, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
UFO..

Yeah if you dont really wanna spend money on a DAW, I suggest torrenting it
March 19, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

@ Brun on Midi Controllers

Well it is all an investment if you feel you will need it sure why not. I have found I use it for playing simple chord riffs when I need them to be more interesting and when I am playing chopped up samples but again I don't sample much that way more of a loop based sampler when I do. Otherwise I need little more than my mouse, software, and my mind. I am an avid Reason/Ableton user who makes use of the Redrum, Groove Extraction, ReGroove, and re-quantization so I was able to not have to use my MPD anymore. Still use my midi keyboard time to time for what I listed before. I am actually gonna upgrade mine soon to a better 49 key as I wanna get better at playing piano and will prob just use modules found in Reason to learn sheet music. I also have a Launchpad which gets use when I am producing in Ableton quite frequently. The point of this is to say figure out what you are gonna use them for. If it doesn't fit your workflow or another motive don't get one. IMO costs of studios should go as such DAW > Education > Audio Interface >Headphones/Monitors > Midi controllers. Break it down what is manageable to you. You can skip some money costs by illegally downloading DAWs or self-teaching music theory and learning the ins and outs of your DAW. Every producer can tell you the little tricks and tips of their Power DAW and what does whatever you need do.
Yeah if you dont really wanna spend money on a DAW, I suggest torrenting it

Thanks alot for the feedback lads, i'll take it all into consideration. Eventually i reckon i'll get the midi controller, for now i'll focus on educating myself though
March 19, 2012 @ 01:47 AM
sirloin

derp derp derp derp derp

cool, but I would say when you "finish" a beat step away from it for a hour or two and come back and listen to it.
March 19, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
Smugg

http://soundcloud.com/blakkkmanjones/bang

^^^^^.
March 19, 2012 @ 07:42 AM
vonluden

go ham
March 20, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
Smugg

Dat whole Menace 2 society Jack scene

http://soundcloud.com/blakkkmanjones/gold-16s

peace.
March 20, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
unkniwn

New On Here.

smooth flow beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbdSr_R24XU&list=UUXv9kx5G4zhtb5lzhS3zZZA&index=14&feature=plcp
March 20, 2012 @ 08:13 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

new shit, peep game

http://soundcloud.com/lighthead-1/sumn-lite-1

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

March 20, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
isplashonyouho

lotz of dooopeee beatzzzz
March 21, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
14KTSlumWiZard

A lot of good inspiration in here

Here's some Dark Flying Lotus/Odd future shit

March 21, 2012 @ 05:23 AM
Damon Nash

Made this about a month ago, put it down and forgot about it. If anyone wants to drop vocals on it, hit me up, don't want it to go to waste.

Damon Nash - This Is

http://damonnash.bandcamp.com/album/interim-ep http://soundcloud.com/damon-nash

March 21, 2012 @ 07:56 AM
obakeissick

cool, but I would say when you "finish" a beat step away from it for a hour or two and come back and listen to it.

yeah i=I'm not really thinking too much about shit, just kind of making stuff when I feel like it...

moar

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

March 22, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
Quincy Banks

quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks soundcloud.com/quincybanks | flickr.com/quincybanks

March 23, 2012 @ 04:25 AM
Smugg

This that finally finished 2011 type swag doe.

http://soundcloud.com/blakkkmanjones/sway-2011
March 23, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
BUDHATHEGREAT

http://www.youtube.com/grizzlythepooh
BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS

http://www.soundcloud.com/alechanshaw

Please login first to reply.