Beats Beats BEATS!!!!

March 08, 2012 @ 06:58:28 AM
I never understood why people do the whole "artists name" type beat. Comes off kind of amateurish imo.
March 08, 2012 @ 08:55:20 AM
I don't know how a name of a beat is "amateurish" wtf? I judge by the music not no name...its marketing techniques...you gotta get into there head before they even play the beat. A lot of rappers wanna sound like there favorite...so just by them seeing a picture or there name they will check it out.
March 08, 2012 @ 09:44:26 AM
I understand that, but to me it just seems you really put your sound in a box. But I guess that's kind of what you're doing. Putting your beats in the industry beats box. No disrespect though, get yours.
March 08, 2012 @ 09:53:06 AM
yeah doing that name thing has always been wack to me but hey to each his own
March 08, 2012 @ 16:14:33 PM
The way you showed off your beats just sounds like you're only interested in the money and not the music just sayin and the "artist name" type beat thing also hinted that out
March 08, 2012 @ 17:54:18 PM
I don't know how a name of a beat is "amateurish" wtf? I judge by the music not no name...its marketing techniques...you gotta get into there head before they even play the beat. A lot of rappers wanna sound like there favorite...so just by them seeing a picture or there name they will check it out.

Hold on with that marketing techniques shit, if it's that good, they'll find YOU.No need for tips and tricks...And why would you go through all that trouble of making a beat to sound like someone else, you're working backwards.
March 08, 2012 @ 18:38:01 PM
salvador dali, t.s eliot, and some of the most prominent masters of art urge imitation as a tool of development and growth. i agree with both camps. i mean, humans are creatures that create and need society so it's impossible to say we don't draw influences, or hate for certain style, sounds, tastes.

personally, i think it's good to draw influences, thats how i started in this beat game. pete rock instrumentals, nujabes, dilla, list can go on. maybe i can't hate on copying too much because i am a sample based producer and pretty much, sampling is stealing other peoples shit. (i sample as a homage rather than copying, but that is a whole different topic). i tried so hard to try to sound like them in my earlier production days, why you ask? because their beats were what my ears loved and i wanted to create what my ears loved. the harder i tried, the less my music sounded like someone. that's when i came to appreciate that everyone has their own sound, i learned to appreciate my unique, God given sound.

at the end of the day, fuck marketing and fuck the environment. influence the market and the environment, don't let it influence you. if you chase whats they want, you'll get nowhere at the end. thats why some music of our age is trash. thats why the hip hop music of today sucks. the environment and market exploited the african american culture into a $$$ machine.

at the end of the day, momma always told me to be my best. thats all, the rest just follows.
March 08, 2012 @ 19:10:26 PM
Made a couple of sample based instrumentals, check it out :

http://soundcloud.com/jam-fly/sets/jam-fly-beats-the-soul-the/
March 08, 2012 @ 19:22:58 PM
everyone on soundclick does that 'EMOTIONAL DRAKE BANGER!!! HOT!! - MuSt LiStEn" beat name stuff. it does get attention to your music, but it is also amateurish/lame IMO too. its hard to take a producer seriously who does that, even if they make good beats.
March 08, 2012 @ 20:14:27 PM
Originally posted by Inactive User

Hold on with that marketing techniques shit, if it's that good, they'll find YOU.No need for tips and tricks...And why would you go through all that trouble of making a beat to sound like someone else, you're working backwards.

Then what's sampling?? That's how it started! Look I'm not saying I'm 'trying' to sound like anybody...I make my own beat and think of an artist I can hear on it then put that to draw attention.when did I say I'm tryin to sound like somebody??..and I ONLY do that on soundclick cause most artists who go on there look for that anyway...I have sooo many other beats I don't put online cuz those are basically ones I'm making for people in my area FOR FREE...so yes the beats online are for money, I don't do this for the money but I would be lyin if I said I didn't need it..I want to continue my craft and to do that I need the funds...I been making music...I used to go on soundclick and get beats, got tired of that so made my own then hooked people up then realized I should be selling them...I'm not gonna put my effort into all these beats just to give them up you know...barely started this december of last year..so its not like I BEEN producin for years
March 08, 2012 @ 20:27:46 PM
my bad
March 08, 2012 @ 23:03:45 PM
If you feel the need to promote yourself at all, don't use another artist's name...

quincybanks.bandcamp.com | quincybanks.tumblr.com | instagram.com/quincybanks | twitter.com/QQuincyBanks | soundcloud.com/quincybanks

March 08, 2012 @ 23:10:19 PM
versetylebeatz post your songs again
March 09, 2012 @ 00:21:04 AM
I only use there pic and name on soundclick..Its not like I go everywhere and say hey wale beat or lil wayne beat...but thats what everybody looks for on soundclick. I feel you though QUINCY

Deweze you can check us out at www.versetylebeatz.com or if you don't wanna listen JUST cause the names we also at www.rocbattle.com/versetylebeatz thnx
March 09, 2012 @ 00:49:53 AM
less arguing, more beats

http://soundcloud.com/thoroprod/be-with-you

March 09, 2012 @ 01:11:22 AM
That's not a Wale style beat.
March 09, 2012 @ 02:07:06 AM
How so?? he has a very diverse style, I could here him on it,but thats my opinion..dont really care..just want people to listen haha
March 09, 2012 @ 02:08:24 AM
less arguing, more beats

http://soundcloud.com/thoroprod/be-with-you

GOOD SHIT BRO
March 09, 2012 @ 03:43:28 AM
How so?? he has a very diverse style, I could here him on it,but thats my opinion..dont really care..just want people to listen haha

It depends on which circa Wale you're talking about. Paint a Picture Wale wold rap on Go-Go/old school UGK beat, Hate is the new love Wale rapped on what ever style beats were hot in 06/07, 100 miles and running Wale would rap on a electronic/live instrumentation beat. Mixtape about Nothing is alot of soul samples with go-go inspired drums. Attention Deficit is Pop/mainstream but more on the backpacker side esque beats. More About Nothing is all of those mixed. and Ambition was mainstream/pop/r&b. Where does your beat fit in?
March 09, 2012 @ 04:21:50 AM
Look all I was saying is that Wale has a diverse style, So IN MY OPINION I could hear Wale on it...I really don't care...its an instrumental...don't want people to highlight wale's career, just listen to the beat
March 09, 2012 @ 06:28:24 AM
I know, I was just trollin' lol keep it up, beat was nice. You should consider putting a few less tags in your beats though.
March 09, 2012 @ 06:55:48 AM
haha its coo bro, but thanks man..we were thinking the same thing...probably gonna start taking it a little easy with the tags
March 09, 2012 @ 22:34:25 PM
Hi, my name is Spock, I'm not white and I make beats

This is my EP, you can Stream/Download it here - http://ufocult.bandcamp.com/

Fuck bitches, get high, make money, burn expensive clothing just because you got the money like that, Thank you
March 10, 2012 @ 18:13:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDe-TPMDWbs&context=C4df8bddADvjVQa1PpcFMEvgXjBvXPaELzs7DMsk2noow7_q3G6NI=

UPLOADED THIS TRIBUTE FOR BIG YESTERDAY

tell me what you think
March 10, 2012 @ 18:24:39 PM
I like the way you panned the snare it sounds really dope. I don't know about the bass drum. Good shit though.
March 10, 2012 @ 19:04:14 PM
Beat Tape vol 2 is piff keep it up guys
March 10, 2012 @ 20:09:01 PM
I like the way you panned the snare it sounds really dope. I don't know about the bass drum. Good shit though.

for me?

if so yeah, i think the bass drum might be a bit overpowering

thanks for the feedback
March 10, 2012 @ 20:40:18 PM
^ Liked that Juicy remix, good use of that sample.

New Beats on Tumblr: The Notorious B.I.G. - Sky’s The Limit (Whoarei Remix)
March 10, 2012 @ 20:41:47 PM
Man using the piano on a normal QWERTY keyboard is hard in FL, got a sound you wanna produce but it's hard turning that sound into reality, if you get me
March 10, 2012 @ 20:46:45 PM
Yeah, ignore that thread I made because it was pointless, my bad, here's some of my beats anyway.

http://joustkontrol.bandcamp.com/album/uganda

This One Is Dedicated To Mary Lou Retton

Please login first to reply.
x