Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
November 15, 2010 @ 11:37 PM
reversal

Kid Cudi is just joking about this rockstar thing right? Please let him be joking..

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/11/02/dot-da-genius-talks-wizard-his-rock-band-with-kid-cudi/
November 15, 2010 @ 11:42 PM
NoStress

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/11/02/dot-da-genius-talks-wizard-his-rock-band-with-kid-cudi/

Hm after reading this, it doesn't soundd that bad.
Sounds like a N.E.R.D. kinda deal..

burr

November 15, 2010 @ 11:52 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

KiD CuDi wins quote of the year on that "WE don't fuck with you musically" line. Real shit.
November 15, 2010 @ 11:58 PM
Mytur

Definitely liking Scott Mescudi vs the World, Maniac, and Mr. Rager the most from MOTM2.
November 16, 2010 @ 08:51 AM
DStyles

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

November 16, 2010 @ 09:00 AM
mcampoverde

"Universal Motown rap superstar Kid Cudi
November 16, 2010 @ 11:31 AM
CierraB

This guys has nothing to discuss about.

and soulja boy sucks..cudi iz where hip-hop iz headed soulja bitch cant rap cudi has passion we need tht in music
November 16, 2010 @ 12:27 PM
yaRs

Great album!! different from the first one but still great none the less from cudder.

ashin kusher.. maniac..and wild'n are good tracks! ^_^
November 16, 2010 @ 04:04 PM
rocka

6 KID CUDI UNIVERSAL MOTOWN 50,396

lol now look bitach!

3. 176,298
NOW IN: FINAL

Ayo fuck soulja boi biting ass. Skateboarding is truly the worst song I've ever heard. Lil Boss in dis bitch.
November 16, 2010 @ 07:11 PM
go_sox5

damn at first listen to the cd I didn't think it was that great but now I find myself constantly bumping this, it's soo good!

you have to look at it as a seperate album from motm I, which it is, to really appreciate it.
November 16, 2010 @ 09:40 PM
method47

I think thats a problem with every artist, everyone always wants the artist to continue releasing the same shit instead of moving on to different styles/ideas/genres.

When an artist evolves and moves on and grows as an artist everyone hates just because its different and not like their old shit.
November 16, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
goldANDsacks

damn at first listen to the cd I didn't think it was that great but now I find myself constantly bumping this, it's soo good!

you have to look at it as a seperate album from motm I, which it is, to really appreciate it.

I think thats a problem with every artist, everyone always wants the artist to continue releasing the same shit instead of moving on to different styles/ideas/genres.

When an artist evolves and moves on and grows as an artist everyone hates just because its different and not like their old shit.

this is the problem though. if you have to separate it from MOTM 1 to appreciate it, then it shouldn't have been called MOTM 2. it should have been its own entity.
November 17, 2010 @ 11:31 AM
DStyles

lol now look bitach!

3. 176,298
NOW IN: FINAL

Ayo fuck soulja boi biting ass. Skateboarding is truly the worst song I've ever heard. Lil Boss in dis bitch.

That's still not the 200k and SBeezy already did those numbers.

November 29, 2010 @ 03:01 AM
reversal

After watching the Mojo So Dope video I think I realized why cudi's music has changed so much. His audience has completely shifted in scenes. Maybe this was happening even before MOTM1, but his crowd doesn't really need to hear heavy rap lines.
December 1, 2010 @ 05:22 PM
rocka

MOTM 1 just got gold with 502k and MOTM 2 just got another 30k this week. So that like 750,000 albums sold in a little over a year. Props Cudi
January 26, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
Axraexl

Coming out with a official mixtape titled "A Man named Scott" this summer along with the Wizard album which has "Dose of Dopness" as a bonus track and finally he is back on twitter

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

January 26, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
ak

thanks for the update
January 27, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
aten

From DatNewCudi.com
When it comes to updating their fans on the forthcoming album, Dot Da Genius and Kid Cudi took to their favorite social networks to share the news.

The duo, which has a long history dating back to their platinum hit Day
January 28, 2011 @ 06:08 PM
dida

Cudi
can't wait for that new mixtape. Idk how i feel about the rock album. Man on the moon has been his best work thus far. hopefully the new mixtape can bring back that old cudi i love
January 29, 2011 @ 02:41 PM
ksj

can't wait for that new mixtape. Idk how i feel about the rock album. Man on the moon has been his best work thus far. hopefully the new mixtape can bring back that old cudi i love

I hope, but it won't happen. RIP Cudi sad
January 29, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I think so many people got caught up in trying to be "cool" and saying CuDi is gay or lame or whatever it made you nigs dislike his album before you even gave it a chance. MOTM2 wasn't better than the first, but still pretty damn good. The rock album will prolly be how Wayne's was where the only difference is he is going over rock beats. Glad to hear another mixtape is coming tho cool
January 29, 2011 @ 06:23 PM
Axraexl

I think so many people got caught up in trying to be "cool" and saying CuDi is gay or lame or whatever it made you nigs dislike his album before you even gave it a chance. MOTM2 wasn't better than the first, but still pretty damn good. The rock album will prolly be how Wayne's was where the only difference is he is going over rock beats. Glad to hear another mixtape is coming tho cool

"Wizard is a rock album, no raps, just singing. brand new thing. flavor."- Cudi

\

January 30, 2011 @ 09:04 AM
Spankbank

^^Lol whatever forget them.
I don't understand why people are hating on Cudi, gotta agree with Johnxsolo nigs hating on MOTM2 before they gave it a listen. Don't know they are missing, ha.
Good music is good music, why you gotta let other people's opinions influence you from listening to it?
January 30, 2011 @ 12:58 PM
Lev Lucien

I've had Kid Named Cudi in heavy rotation for like 2 years straight.

I'm feeling both MOTMs too.

that said...Cudi has average at best rap skills....dude just knows how to ride a beat to perfection.

just cuz the ♥♥♥♥♥ raps about his feelings and being sad don't make him deep. Most of his songs sound like he's crying about the same shit but he's got some unique swag and he's open minded about the type of beat he gets on.

I really think thats why hes taking a break from rapping and has been doing mostly hooks.....even his hooks are simple. I think the ♥♥♥♥♥ just knows he ain't got it like Wale or Spitta so he sticks with the shit he's good at...hooks and delivery.
January 30, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
Axraexl

I've had Kid Named Cudi in heavy rotation for like 2 years straight.

I'm feeling both MOTMs too.

that said...Cudi has average at best rap skills....dude just knows how to ride a beat to perfection.

just cuz the ♥♥♥♥♥ raps about his feelings and being sad don't make him deep. Most of his songs sound like he's crying about the same shit but he's got some unique swag and he's open minded about the type of beat he gets on.

I really think thats why hes taking a break from rapping and has been doing mostly hooks.....even his hooks are simple. I think the ♥♥♥♥♥ just knows he ain't got it like Wale or Spitta so he sticks with the shit he's good at...hooks and delivery.

Gotta disagree with that there
Cudi has far superior rapping skills than Wale and Currensy
The fact that he doesnt display it in every song becasue he isnt a sole rapper obscures the fact but it doenst mean that its not there.
Cudis flow is unfuckwittable
Heart of a Lion, SMVTW, or Marijunna for example completley outshines most mainstream rappers ability to ride a beat
Another thing is he isnt just a simple rhymer.
He doesnt just find two words to rhyme with at the end of every sentence.
He does it internally and and makes it flow despite not ending the bar with a rhyme while simulaneously getting his point across.

January 30, 2011 @ 01:59 PM
Boy Jones

no one talks, lost in tha muthafuggin mood...
January 30, 2011 @ 02:07 PM
Lev Lucien

Cudi has far superior rapping skills than Wale and Currensy

??...no

I'm not even feelin Wale really but I recognize hes on a completely different level then Cudi lyrically. Spitta too. I'll give you that Cudi rides a beat hella good but Spitta can too. I like Cudi...alot. But the ♥♥♥♥♥ has used up most of his content and I don't get much from his lyrics.

Cudi's lyrics, especially MOTM II, are like a bad self help book. Not saying the ♥♥♥♥♥s dumb or untalented, he just ain't a traditional lyrical rapper. Thats not how he makes his money and thats not his strong point. He's gotta know that??? Thats why most of his songs are built like pop songs. Theres not really a ton of metaphors, word play etc.
January 30, 2011 @ 02:17 PM
Axraexl

??...no

I'm not even feelin Wale really but I recognize hes on a completely different level then Cudi lyrically. Spitta too. I'll give you that Cudi rides a beat hella good but Spitta can too. I like Cudi...alot. But the ♥♥♥♥♥ has used up most of his content and I don't get much from his lyrics.

Cudi's lyrics, especially MOTM II, are like a bad self help book. Not saying the ♥♥♥♥♥s dumb or untalented, he just ain't a traditional lyrical rapper. Thats not how he makes his money and thats not his strong point. He's gotta know that??? Thats why most of his songs are built like pop songs. Theres not really a ton of metaphors, word play etc.

Yeah, Your problem is your judging him based on qualities not presnt in his music
Well nu duh, My ♥♥♥♥♥
If ur rating him on metaphores and wordplay than your listening to his music for the wrong reason.
Like he said in one interview "I live through words not metaphores" but even without all that shit his music contains more substance than most (mainstream) rappers.
If you wanna hear music that lacks meaning but contains irrlavent punchlines thrown around and embodied in a 3 minute song then listen to Lil Wayne or some shit cause Cudi is the wrong man for the job.

And elaborate what you mean by saying MOTM2 seemes like a bad self help book.
Wtf are u talking about?

January 30, 2011 @ 02:21 PM
DStyles

Lil Wayne contains more subtance in his music than a mexican with a skirt.

January 30, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
Axraexl

Lil Wayne contains more subtance in his music than a mexican with a skirt.

Please login first to reply.