January 13, 2010 @ 11:33 AM
JayDollars773

So he finally addresses the rumor's not that my opinion counts but I actually believe him.

Link to interview (Just click on part 3)
www.therooseveltsocialclub.com/post_1/2010/1/13/jay-z-young-jeezy-trey-songz-interview-w-ed-lover.html
January 13, 2010 @ 11:58 AM
Skunk

That was wack razz
January 13, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
TheOne

...........(sigh)
January 13, 2010 @ 08:57 PM
Koven

lol @ Jay mentioning Drake, lupe, and Jay Electonica as the hottest freshmen in the game and not mentioning J.cole.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

January 13, 2010 @ 09:19 PM
Beez

he didn't even answer the question. he's hiding.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

January 13, 2010 @ 11:26 PM
filth

Even if he was, what makes you think hes going to tell the truth? lol
January 13, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
Failure Pt.4

He doesn't even need to say anything. There's plenty of peeps in the illuminati and freemasons. They don't have to come out and say shit, so why should Jay?

And if people actually listened to his music, Jay has been admitting this shit since day one
January 13, 2010 @ 11:57 PM
Vndlsm

Weak. He touches on it more during the Angie Martinez show.
rapradar.com/2010/01/13/jay-z-young-jeezy-trey-songz-interview-angie-martinez
Listen to part 2.
January 14, 2010 @ 08:15 AM
Skunk

The director of the video spoke out:

Vibe: There's been a lot of talk about Jay's video containing Freemason imagery such as the horned animal head, an eagle and skull. What are your thoughts about such talk and why do you think music fans are so quick to believe a conspiracy narrative?

Sam Brown: I'm aware of the stir the video has caused and what people are saying. I think when you're dealing in abstract imagery people are going to want to draw lines between things and make sense of it. However, I've always felt that the viewing public was, in general, extremely visually literate. They don't always want or need things to be spelt out for them. One of the great things about music videos are they can be enjoyed purely visually-it doesn't need to mean anything or make any sense. Conspiracy theory is another thing entirely, and seems to me to be about projecting pre-existing beliefs and desperately looking for things that confirm them. There is imagery in this video that is drawn from all over the place. None of it is owned by any one culture or belief system. You can connect anything if you try hard enough, and make it mean anything you want it to.

So what was the overall direction Jay was looking for?

He gave me a very loose brief, and made it clear that we should be progressive with the video. All the imagery was thought up by me and was a response to the track itself. For those interested, the idea is actually about a funeral for old imagery and ideas, hence all the gothic and oppressive stuff. I was also trying to contradict the excess of hip-hop videos by making something brutally simple and claustrophobic.
January 14, 2010 @ 09:43 AM
dOpeMitch

him being a freemason is ridiculous
maybe he is, but the facts you people come up with are awful, and can just be simple coincidences, or just dont make sense
January 14, 2010 @ 11:10 AM
alex.

lol @ Jay mentioning Drake, lupe, and Jay Electonica as the hottest freshmen in the game and not mentioning J.cole.

lupe has arguably two classic albums under his belt and is still considered as a freshman? lol.
January 14, 2010 @ 12:15 PM
Koven

lupe has arguably two classic albums under his belt and is still considered as a freshman? lol.

I fuck with Lupe but he pretty much only considered up there by backpackers, bloggers and ppl on street wear forums. He needs that universal appeal if he wants to take that crown or even be in contention.

January 14, 2010 @ 02:51 PM
DStyles

Lupe does not deserve to be mentioned with the Nas, Jay-Z, 2Pacs, or the Biggies...moving on though...I for one, support Illuminati and this N.W.O. type of shit. 1 gov't, 1 currency, 1 everything. I blame religions for everything that goes on in the world. Muslims and Christians, deserve to rot in hell. Two of the worst and pathetic relgions out there. I too believe in 1 god...and his name is Jay-Z...Jigga Baby!

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

January 15, 2010 @ 09:15 AM
ahgeadf

Lupe does not deserve to be mentioned with the Nas, Jay-Z, 2Pacs, or the Biggies...moving on though...I for one, support Illuminati and this N.W.O. type of shit. 1 gov't, 1 currency, 1 everything. I blame religions for everything that goes on in the world. Muslims and Christians, deserve to rot in hell. Two of the worst and pathetic relgions out there. I too believe in 1 god.

2 funny
January 15, 2010 @ 10:15 AM
jay3091

I really don't care anymore... just don't bring Bee in that shit Jay
January 16, 2010 @ 03:14 PM
jizzla

Cole has some buzz, but technically he's not that "hot" of an artist...
January 16, 2010 @ 03:57 PM
Koven

Cole has some buzz, but technically he's not that "hot" of an artist...

I think Cole is more famous then Jay Electronica. Cole is on Jays label, he could have gave him a mention lol.

January 16, 2010 @ 04:44 PM
Eddy.

im just wondering, but how was jay-z accused of being part of the illuminati in the first place?
January 16, 2010 @ 06:22 PM
DStyles

I'm guessing after he did "Lucifer" for the Black Album.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

January 16, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
alex.

Lupe does not deserve to be mentioned with the Nas, Jay-Z, 2Pacs, or the Biggies...moving on though...I for one, support Illuminati and this N.W.O. type of shit. 1 gov't, 1 currency, 1 everything. I blame religions for everything that goes on in the world. Muslims and Christians, deserve to rot in hell. Two of the worst and pathetic relgions out there. I too believe in 1 god...and his name is Jay-Z...Jigga Baby!

the funny thing is, this guy's serious
January 18, 2010 @ 10:45 AM
Jay

January 20, 2010 @ 02:49 AM
Ace Knuckles

People have toooo much time on their hands trying to break down and add hidden meanings in the lyrics. Its too much.
January 20, 2010 @ 02:59 PM
Christdawg

im just wondering, but how was jay-z accused of being part of the illuminati in the first place?

First time I ever heard about it was from a letter that Prodigy from Mobb Deep wrote from prison.
January 22, 2010 @ 01:41 AM
Reel2Reel106

Haha, his ass sold his soul to the devil, Him, Kanye, and Rihanna
February 2, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
ylz23

I'm guessing after he did "Lucifer" for the Black Album.

Nope.
February 3, 2010 @ 12:08 AM
Japan4

I thought the illuminati and the freemasons were down for new world order aka the WHITE Anglo take over.....Jay-Z is black. It's all a ploy for you retards to buy into his music. It's a good tactic. But it's gunna fuck him over in the end if it IS real. Jay-Z is the biggest con-artist around. He pretty much sold out the garden because he sed he was retiring...which was just a huge lie. He's a trickster. Which is why he's so fucking wack now. Blueprint 3 was bullshit. Like come on! Ghetto Techno!?!? fuck sakes.....listen to real music you guys. Don't believe this rich half retarded fuck.

rilly doe?

February 3, 2010 @ 03:11 PM
Zelltre

Im sure people been thinking Hov was a freemason since D'Evils.
February 3, 2010 @ 07:15 PM
Japan4

Jay-Z probly likes the freemasons. For God sakes America was built because of them. He ain't shit. Look up Jimmy Page, he's on some devil worshippng shit. Jay is just a copy cat. ie) Do what though Wilt shirt in Run this town. Aleister Crowley reference. Look him up too. Jay-Z will never be illuminati. He can only dream about being them.

rilly doe?

February 8, 2010 @ 05:58 PM
inskid

isnt the whole point to conceal the fact that hes a devil worshipper? secret society aka its a secret...
February 8, 2010 @ 07:30 PM
Leviathan

The problem is that most of you guys equate freemasonry to devil worshipping. It a secret society so no one can say for sure what they do but it is a requirement to state your belief in a religon or higher power to join. Anybody can be a freemason so its not that crazy to think that jay could be one. shit.. even louis armstrong was when he was the biggest thing in american music.

Please login first to reply.