November 9, 2009 @ 11:44 PM
EliijahSmith

find me a jay song that is as creative as this

November 9, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
A.B.Y.S.S.

wait wut? lol

and man, ether was such a better diss track. you can feel nas' hatred in that song. jigga just sounded like he was takin nas lightly and throwin shit at him. nas fucking went in.

so because he didn't go in enough for you that wasn't a hard diss? like i said sidestep your way around it all you like without takeover there would be no stillmatic album with songs called ether or rewind. there is a effect after every cause and the cause comes first so with that first is better than second.
November 10, 2009 @ 12:02 AM
EliijahSmith

but you gotta realize that every diss is going to have some sort of result. either the artist is going to rise above it or fade away. did jay really win then if he suposedly kept nas in the game by mentioning him on takeover?

Wheres Nas now? Wheres Jay Z now...

conversation over....
November 10, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

exactly. he needs another person to diss him to make music lazy bastard.
November 10, 2009 @ 12:21 AM
VADO-U.N.

"Yo let me let y'all nigggaz know one thing
There's one life, one love, so there can only be one King"
Nas- G.O.A.T.

JIgga number 2
November 10, 2009 @ 12:28 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

Theirs one life,one love..sp their can only be one king-Nas

funny thing is i bet nas wasn't talking about rap when he said this. think about the whole verse and then what does it sound like he's talking about? i say streetlife cause nas isn't and doesn't want to be king of ny or hip-hop you fans need to stop sticking up for someone who doesn't even want to be on the ballet sheesh.
November 10, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
VADO-U.N.

funny thing is i bet nas wasn't talking about rap when he said this. think about the whole verse and then what does it sound like he's talking about? i say streetlife cause nas isn't and doesn't want to be king of ny or hip-hop you fans need to stop sticking up for someone who doesn't even want to be on the ballet sheesh.

actually he was talking about being king of NY..it was a subliminal diis to biggie...when Nas was put on the cover of vibe mag(ithink) and it said "King of Ny" on the cover and biggie got tight.....so Nas addressed it on some subliminal shit
November 10, 2009 @ 12:36 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

actually he was talking about being king of NY..it was a subliminal diis to biggie...when Nas was put on the cover of vibe mag(ithink) and it said "King of Ny" on the cover and biggie got tight.....so Nas addressed it on some subliminal shit

could be you have a point but even then b.i.g. was the comp and nas didn't want it with biggie.
November 10, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

nas won't be king for these reasons he's a conflicted artist. we all are subject to contradictory behavior but nas has tried several routes other than street poet and he was shuned and unsuccessful. a true king is able to multitask and adapt you can be scared to be something other than knowledge yo on a song.
November 10, 2009 @ 12:46 AM
VADO-U.N.

ok,wat has nas failed at? besides ouchie wally?
November 10, 2009 @ 12:50 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

well this is a shot but since you asked for it he's still still trying to build him a perfect b**** like that song of that god awful streets disciple album.
November 10, 2009 @ 01:06 AM
FROADS

.....I put Nas ahead of all the legendary emcees just because of his repertoire Rakim, KRS, Slick Rick included..their catalog couldn't add up to Nas. Dude has too many classic songs to name..True dude at times may not switch his flow a lot but damn u gotta hand it to him, He's already surpassed most of the guys he's looked up to as far as hip hop and just how many people can do that?
November 10, 2009 @ 09:30 AM
DStyles

Jay has a bigger catalog. This thread is not about who's the better "lyricist", it's about who has had the most success to be crowned the king. Jay has stayed relevant in this genre. 11 straight number 1 albums that says something. If he wants he could go for 20 straight. Who else could catch up to him?

If were to compare the beatles to an indie band who you crown the king of all bands? The Beatles or Indie band X?

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

November 10, 2009 @ 10:11 AM
Essence0

^^That comparison doesn't make sense since Nas has sold a good amount of albums and until Hard Knock Life, was a way more popular mc. Jay-Z is probably the king now when you look at all he has accomplished in his career but I still think Nas is the best mc ever. I think a better comparison is Jay is like The Beatles and Nas is like Bob Dylan.
November 10, 2009 @ 10:52 AM
ClydeFrazier

^^That comparison doesn't make sense since Nas has sold a good amount of albums and until Hard Knock Life, was a way more popular mc. Jay-Z is probably the king now when you look at all he has accomplished in his career but I still think Nas is the best mc ever. I think a better comparison is Jay is like The Beatles and Nas is like Bob Dylan.

i could agree with that statement, though i prefer jay in this case

Melo Gang All Day

November 10, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
DStyles

But this is not about who's the best MC. It's funny because I knew Nas name would pop up in this thread more than any other artist. Nas is a great artist as far as better lyricist, kind of hard to say.

November 10, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
ZΛᄃH

nope. wayne wont. lyrics = longevity.

wayne doesnt have good enough lyrics to be considered a great. maybe a great like mc hammer (lol), but never in the top tier of rappers
November 10, 2009 @ 05:17 PM
ClydeFrazier

Lil wayne has done more for this generation than 50. Kids that are 10-14 years old favorite rapper right now is Wayne. SO when they get older they're gonna talk about wayne the way we talk about Slick Rick or even Pac.

no because once kids grow up and listen to him they'll realize he has little to no depth in 90% of his songs

Melo Gang All Day

November 10, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
BruhMan

no because once kids grow up and listen to him they'll realize he has little to no depth in 90% of his songs

come on b...you know like everyone else does that wayne is gonna be around for a minute...he aint going nowhere anytime soon
November 11, 2009 @ 01:53 AM
A.B.Y.S.S.

who threw wayne in the convo lol?
November 11, 2009 @ 06:49 AM
Beaner

Ahh..another typical bad rap discussion brought to you by the HB forum..
November 11, 2009 @ 07:18 AM
alex.

Lil wayne has done more for this generation than 50. Kids that are 10-14 years old favorite rapper right now is Wayne. SO when they get older they're gonna talk about wayne the way we talk about Slick Rick or even Pac.

hell no, if their iq is over 50 they gonna be like smh what i was thinkin when i was listening to that trash.
November 11, 2009 @ 03:34 PM
BruhMan

hell no, if their iq is over 50 they gonna be like smh what i was thinkin when i was listening to that trash.

not at all...im one of the older dudes on the forum and i've been fuckin with cash money from the jump...when i was coming up it was cool to listen to cash money niiggas, no limit niiggas, etc...ya'll niiggas got the game fucked up
November 11, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
DStyles

I agree these *****s think just because a artist is popular they're wack. Cash Money been the shit and I mean the shit like their songs was knockin. Lil Wayne is nice and if he was underground all these dudes would be on his dick but because he's popular its' "fuck lil wayne". smh

Nah. I'm not really a fan of underground/"real hip hop" and I still think he sucks lyrically wise but he does make nice pop songs. He's the 50 cent of 08-09 but more soft. The guy could be atleast decent when he wants to be. Tha Carter II was a nice album.

But enough on Weezy FUCKIN Baby. Jay-Z is the king period, fuck Nas!

November 11, 2009 @ 06:03 PM
Brooklyn_718

I'm a nas fan and ether was dope but takeover was nothing but pure facts.

[B]Who cares if he's loyal? I hate when ppl expect someone to stay the same after they get money, that shit is dumb.[/B]

Wayne is not falling off and is still considered one of the best today. I can see Wayne going down as one of the best of all time when it's all said and done, and [B]unless 50 makes another GRODT his legacy wont be as ig as waynes.[/B]

Your an idiot..... I didn't say he has to stay the same I'm saying he shouldn't have shitted on dame and the rest of his people like that. You probably just started listening to rap or something because anyone who listened to rap around the Rocafella era is disappointed to this day how things turned out for the Roc that shit was a dynasty ! It fell apart out of no where and now almost everyone except Jay-Z and Kanye is doing horribly financially and in music so you have to look at the big picture if Jay would've carried that Rocafella legacy till this day he would be hands fucking down king period. However, You can't shit on the people that got you where you are and don't even give an explanation to the fans. People with values and principles understand that's wrong. Don't get me wrong I love Jay his music is the shit his catalog is one of the best in music period but that whole Rocafella situation hurts real fans and this is all over money everybody knows that.

Now ask your self he has no kingdom no dynasty what is he the king of ? He can't sell more than Eminem and I say he can't make much better music which is arguable right now. 50 cent is damn near doing his numbers his own man Kanye sells more than him he has a label with fucking Wale in his roster from Beans freeway and Cam'ron to fucking Wale GTFO...

Also IDK wtf your talking about 50 is set already this guy went diamond like twice has a classic album still dropping dope music and the mixtapes he dropped before he got signed is a legacy by itself. Do your research Wayne has NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING on 50 at all....
November 11, 2009 @ 07:04 PM
g2289

Rocafella yall (politics as usual voice)
November 12, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
aka_gunsmoke

Yo, when you say the "King of Hip-Hop" its a lot more to it in my personal opinion than sales. I'm a Jay-Z all day and a Nas fan all day. One difference between the two that got me rooting for Nas is what changes did he make in Hip-Hop? Not sales, not styles, but changes that the majority of MCs take as a change for the better of Hip-Hop in general? Illmatic. Illmatic dropped and pretty much was the basis of a east coast album should be. Perfect. Now Jay dropped reasonable doubt which sampled Nas. Envy, a fan, though illmatic was dope, who knows. Now album for album, Jay-Z is more well rounded. Now when I say that statement "well rounded"

That means board appeal. Commercial. Not bad in any means, but what that does tell you is that certain things will be done for that success, not just for Hip-Hop, but in general. Jay-Z said he "Dumbed down his lyrics to double his sales." There is no arguing that Jay-Z sales more, and has a more successful career, but another thing you have to realize is that other artists INCLUDING Em, Nas, Raekwon, Rakim, and others CHOOSE not to do a lot of marketing and endorsements. Dame showed Jay-Z how to hustle and he took it and ran with it, which he does deserve credit and props for that, but when you make a thread saying "King of Hip-Hop" that means that he is better in every way shape and form dealing with HIP-HOP. BTW: Jay-Z is the self crowned king.
November 12, 2009 @ 04:19 PM
DStyles

There more to that than just that line. Listen closely to moment of clarity. So what makes MJ the king? What made Elvis the king?

November 13, 2009 @ 12:33 PM
DStyles

Come brooklyn, you damn well know that 50 is not loyal too. Look what he did to Buck and Game. If you ask me, 50 has no dynasty. Jay is a one man army. When he beefed with Nas, who did he send after Nas? Bleek? He did it on his own.

November 13, 2009 @ 12:41 PM
db.cooper

rapping.

serious business.

Please login first to reply.