Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 18, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
remus

I personally pick j.cole, but they're both dope.

but j. cole & drake in the same studio? damn.
October 21, 2009 @ 01:05 AM

J. Cole.
October 21, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
KvnKim

gotta say both are dope. saw j cole opening for jay z couple weeks back and hes a good performer too. imo not too pleased wit the direction drakes headn in but still impressed with some of his stuff. good too see that were makn a more positive direction in hip hop in terms of new artists though
October 21, 2009 @ 11:32 PM
jay3091

Damn... people totally slept on J. Cole at the Jay concert tonight. Fuck em.
October 22, 2009 @ 12:40 PM
KvnKim

Damn... people totally slept on J. Cole at the Jay concert tonight. Fuck em.

yea man. same thing happened at the show i went to. The lights at the venue were still on and people were still makin there way to their seats. Like 10% of the crowd was there while J.cole was on. Didnt get too much love like he deserved. wack
October 22, 2009 @ 01:02 PM
LiquidSwords

I just started listening to J Cole based on all the recommendations on this site. I can already tell he's better than Drakes corny ass
October 23, 2009 @ 04:58 PM
Makepeace

Drake gets it, though i think its only because of his come up on fame. Sounds more like wayne now instead of himself,got waynes flow n some of his "swag"

Bless.

October 23, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
vinftw

i think drake is better, but these 2 artists are talented as hell but they both have different styles of rap, kinda hard to compare but deff gonna be big in the game.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

October 23, 2009 @ 07:17 PM
dOpeMitch

yea man. same thing happened at the show i went to. The lights at the venue were still on and people were still makin there way to their seats. Like 10% of the crowd was there while J.cole was on. Didnt get too much love like he deserved. wack

this upsets me
October 23, 2009 @ 08:14 PM
dots...

Listened to some J.Cole... I'm voting Drake

If you understood the underground like SUPER underground rappers and producers you would see why. As a producer you would have heard a million J.Coles from 2005-now. When i heard him rap i was like eh,he's cool. When i heard that he made his own beats i frowned cus everything i heard him on is lack-luster. If you think J.Cole is that hot, go on Futureproducers.com and see how many J.Coles you get. If he keeps this hype up and gets bigger and stuff he can probably do somethin hot,but right now....i wouldn't put money on him.
October 23, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
Koven

Listened to some J.Cole... I'm voting Drake

If you understood the underground like SUPER underground rappers and producers you would see why. As a producer you would have heard a million J.Coles from 2005-now. When i heard him rap i was like eh,he's cool. When i heard that he made his own beats i frowned cus everything i heard him on is lack-luster. If you think J.Cole is that hot, go on Futureproducers.com and see how many J.Coles you get. If he keeps this hype up and gets bigger and stuff he can probably do somethin hot,but right now....i wouldn't put money on him.

pretty much my sentiments. I started listening to jcole because of this thread. My favs include a dollar and a dream, I get up, Til Infinity, and some others. He is good but there are so many rappers out there like him...I don't understand why he's getting so much hype.

Drake is a better technical rapper, he has a better flow, is wittier, and he can sing. Yeah he's getting mainstream but that just means he's doing it right. With wayne going to jail, this is the time for drake to come into his own.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

October 23, 2009 @ 09:16 PM
nealgoodlife

pretty much my sentiments. I started listening to jcole because of this thread. My favs include a dollar and a dream, I get up, Til Infinity, and some others. He is good but there are so many rappers out there like him...I don't understand why he's getting so much hype.

Drake is a better technical rapper, he has a better flow, is wittier, and he can sing. Yeah he's getting mainstream but that just means he's doing it right. With wayne going to jail, this is the time for drake to come into his own.

We had the same pole on Liveagl.com
www.liveagl.com/question-of-the-week-drake-or-j-cole/
and J. Cole came out on top...but personally, I think Drake is a better all around rapper..

and PEOPLE..please don`t be discouraged by his latest songs..understand that he is being "featured" on the "commercial" songs, I'm not Stan Lee'n but listen to his upcoming album before you're conclusion...
October 23, 2009 @ 10:44 PM
dOpeMitch

i understand where yall are coming from cause before i heard of cole i was bumpin super hard to comeback season and room for improvement, drake can spit hard as fuck when he wants
but i think cole got a way of expressing himself and telling his story thats raw and delivery is on point
yes their are alot of undeground artist that do this well but they dont have mainstream appeal and have trouble coming on a commercial song
tahts why i find cole so good, he can come hard on any type of beat,and produce his own shit so you know his albums are gonna be sick because he knows exactly what he wants and how to deliver it

in my opinion cole is way better but drake is still sick , apart from we like herrr and we like herr tooooo
October 23, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
Koven

Are you into girls like am now LES-BI-HONNNNNNEST!

next level shit right there

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

October 25, 2009 @ 09:57 PM
filth

“fuck you” to the haters that just spend they time attacking me, shout out to your girlfriend, nigguh lately she distracting me
October 26, 2009 @ 02:54 AM
Nerdyck

j.cole has too much of an aggressive flow,while drake has more of a laid back style.im voting old drake for this one.
June 3, 2010 @ 05:04 PM
icon20

based on lyrical content
j cole > new drake
j cole = old drake

based on entertainment
drake > j cole

but damn j cole grown simba is crazy
June 4, 2010 @ 01:14 PM
dead7

To me its the same as Nas vs Jay.

Cole will be alot like Nas, highly regarded as a sick MC, but will not achive as much sucess as drake(like Jay).

Cole is the better rhyme spitter, but Drake is the better artist. And who is better is far from a hands down decision either way. You could argue that drakes ability(or willing) to dumb down for mainstream sucsess, gives him the edge based on versatility.....or not. =)
June 4, 2010 @ 01:36 PM
CASHVILLE.931

I cant believe this is even being debated right now.
DRAKE > J.COLE.

i think they are both dope btw.

I thought that drake would get old after a while but affter listening to
the songs that got leaked out from "thank me later" he still got it.

"Thats what life becomes when your doing you, welcome to hollywod dont let this town ruin you, and if you pillow talkin with the women that are screwin you, just know that she gon tell another ****** what she do with you"
June 4, 2010 @ 01:43 PM
chief

lmao this shouldnt even be a competition. drake is a better mainstream artist cause he writes simp ass lyrics. j. cole on the other hand is actually an MC. the man writes some crazy rhymes. drake on the other hand is more appealing to more people, yes but its the same shit over and over. if you people don't see this you obviously havent "listened" to cole, only heard his music.

If you think drake is better than j. cole, try again faggot

•••

June 4, 2010 @ 01:47 PM
brahmwatson

just wait, j coles gonna get his then slowly as soon as that first hit single comes out hypebeasts are gonna start disliking him for being "commercial" even though hes just gettin money
June 4, 2010 @ 02:01 PM
CASHVILLE.931

LOL J.COLE = OLD DRAKE

Drake is on a whole other level now.

& j.coles rhymes are just as simple if not more than drake..
thats just what feel from hearing the songs posted by the thread creator.
i guess your to stupid to realize that. ignorant immmature posters on hb.
June 4, 2010 @ 02:38 PM
chief

why do you think drake is the more popular in the mainstream rather than j. cole?

because j. cole actually writes shit that makes you think. theres a reason why drake is huuuuuge while nas, talib kweli, random dudes like that are not. because america is dumb as fuck and listens to music that doesnt challenge their minds

•••

June 4, 2010 @ 02:59 PM
Oh Shit Ninjas! MILK, RUN!!!

LOL J.COLE = OLD DRAKE

i guess your to stupid to realize that. ignorant immmature posters on hb

.....you dont listen to j cole b....knock it off sad
June 4, 2010 @ 03:00 PM
filth

I dont understand why people say J. Cole's lyrics are on a higher level than drakes. Their both equally easy to understand. Dont fucking say i dont listen to cole either. I probably played "the warm up" as much as "so far gone" if not more.

Im not trying to bring in artists and saying whos lyrics are better, but if you listen to wale's lyrics, those ones you actually have to understand.

"Peep me how im raising up the capital for Nathan
Capital im raising like im through punctuating
Or shift keys or it I placement cause
Shift the keys get your capital raised up"
June 4, 2010 @ 06:33 PM
icon20

LOL J.COLE = OLD DRAKE

i guess your to stupid to realize that. ignorant immmature posters on hb.

you dont listen to j cole, and how is it ignorant or immature? lol you're obviously dickriding

On another note, i agree with the mainstream comment
June 4, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
sellme

I think they're both incredibly talented and refuse to get involved in this discussion, but I'd just like to say that Who Dat is worse than anything on TML.
June 4, 2010 @ 07:01 PM
whoRichard?

Drake is a fool lol, J.Cole will SHIT ON HIM. and for that dumb shit that says that J.Cole's lyrics are simplistic, hows about you listen to a song, and go look at the lyrics bro. Get off dat mainstream tip.

"Paint a picture and show the deaf what it's like to listen
and speak the words and tell a blind man what he missin' "
June 4, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
sellme

Drake is a fool lol, J.Cole will SHIT ON HIM. and for that dumb shit that says that J.Cole's lyrics are simplistic, hows about you listen to a song, and go look at the lyrics bro. Get off dat mainstream tip.

"Paint a picture and show the deaf what it's like to listen
and speak the words and tell a blind man what he missin' "

Can you explain to me what he means by "Paint a picture and show the deaf what it's like to listen"? Doesn't really make sense to me, how could you paint a picture that could show a deaf man what it's like to be able to hear? Second line is dope tho.

Thanks.
June 4, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
whoRichard?

I INTERPRET it sort of like a analogy, this proves what was said about how his lyrics make you think much more then Drake's. Again, my interpretation.

Please login first to reply.