September 8, 2009 @ 07:07 AM
young idiot

Just taking a break from Cudi to listen to BP3 for like the 11th time. Every song, except for Reminder, is fucking spectacular. And, about Reminder, to call it substandard, it's still better than like 80% AT LEAST of music in general. It's like saying season 5 is the weakest season of The Wire. It's still The Wire, the GREATEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME.

I really hope Jay can beat the Beatles.
September 8, 2009 @ 07:58 AM
IMPRM

its alright.

www.imprm.com | http://www.twitter.com/imprm | http://www.imprm.tumblr.com

September 8, 2009 @ 08:54 AM
g2289

I held off on listening to this joint til it released, and after 13 years in the game, Jay still continues to drop great albums, this one being no exception, theres a lot of good joints on here, i dunno where all the hate was coming from, maybe you guys need to listen to this album another 10 times, when I first heard Reasonable doubt, it came off as good at first listen, but when i really listened to it, it was nothing less than perfect.
September 8, 2009 @ 09:12 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

can i get that pm link plz?
September 8, 2009 @ 10:21 AM
niko

can i get that pm link plz?

cosign on that
September 8, 2009 @ 10:33 AM
ClydeFrazier

yeah i actually prefer bp3 to motm, which really surprised me.

Melo Gang All Day

September 8, 2009 @ 12:23 PM

Inactive

Yoooooo

So, im not one of those people who excuses every thing a MC they like does. If u flip to the early page sof this thread I was already for a disappointment already ranking it with BP2 & KC.

Now with that out the way......maaaaaaan wtf are u nigas talking about? This shit goes HARD! Iam pleasantly surprised with this album after the first run through. Maybe all the bad reviews made me prepared to hear crap & now that i hear this shit I can truthfully say the production on this (aside from Timbo tracks) are on point. Jay is not 26 years old so i didnt expect him to be rapping like he was fresh off the porch, but he is DEFINITELY not slacking on this shit at all. Double meanings, introspection, metaphors all present and accounted for. This isnt a conceptual triumph like AMerican Gangster or a instant classic like Blueprint but this is definetely some shit to throw on and nod your head to. More comments on particular songs and full review to come as I let this soak in. But so far this shit is dope.
September 8, 2009 @ 12:31 PM
Christdawg

September 8, 2009 @ 02:01 PM
tribecalledvic

Yoooooo

So, im not one of those people who excuses every thing a MC they like does. If u flip to the early page sof this thread I was already for a disappointment already ranking it with BP2 & KC.

Now with that out the way......maaaaaaan wtf are u nigas talking about? This shit goes HARD! Iam pleasantly surprised with this album after the first run through. Maybe all the bad reviews made me prepared to hear crap & now that i hear this shit I can truthfully say the production on this (aside from Timbo tracks) are on point. Jay is not 26 years old so i didnt expect him to be rapping like he was fresh off the porch, but he is DEFINITELY not slacking on this shit at all. Double meanings, introspection, metaphors all present and accounted for. This isnt a conceptual triumph like AMerican Gangster or a instant classic like Blueprint but this is definetely some shit to throw on and nod your head to. More comments on particular songs and full review to come as I let this soak in. But so far this shit is dope.

just bought it earlier and this is exactly what i was thinking.
ill be waiting for the review.
September 8, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
JETS89

giving a listen now. hope it's what Subculture describes
September 8, 2009 @ 09:51 PM
Dr. Do Good

the more I listen to it...the more I like it
September 8, 2009 @ 11:07 PM
ssimino

anyone know the name of the track wit mgmt. i also heard about a track produced by ratatat
September 8, 2009 @ 11:27 PM
Juki

So I finally remembered where Pharrell stole the beat for so ambitious from:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Lm9PBSels

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCE4UkxI77I
I knew it sounded familiar razz

Doubleclutchhoops.com

September 9, 2009 @ 09:45 AM
sjem

anyone know the name of the track wit mgmt. i also heard about a track produced by ratatat

Lol i think you're talking about Kid Cudi's new album. Go here hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116482&page=11
September 9, 2009 @ 11:04 AM
young idiot

Watching a hot97 interview with Jay -- he's such an effortlessly cool guy, he interviews so well. People like Kanye are hard to watch being interviewed, but Hov is like... on another level.
September 9, 2009 @ 01:35 PM
g2289

mr.hudson did his thing on forever young and star is born, love these songs, I like jay's ode to rap on star is born cuz its rappers I can relate to instead of the older heads like big daddy kane.
September 9, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
DStyles

For the people who purchased BP3, how much did it cost if you bought it from Best Buy. I checked on their site and it's listed at 9.99 but sometimes the prices are not the same and I only have 14.45 with me.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

September 9, 2009 @ 06:42 PM
strangers

^first and i think 2nd day the CD's are released they're $9.99, but after words the price increases.
September 10, 2009 @ 06:42 PM
Mr. Oizo

So Ambitious is really the only track I LOVE.
September 10, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
CuttyBuddy

Why do I like "Off That" so much??? And "Already Home" is my joint off Blueprint 3.
September 11, 2009 @ 03:37 AM
AO Two

Thank You and So Ambitious gets played daily.
September 11, 2009 @ 03:51 AM
young idiot

Still love this album. Even Reminder is growing on me.
September 11, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
line-one

Yoooooo

this convinced me to go ahead and buy it. I was skeptical after a the kingdom come disapointment, so disapointed i slept on american gangster which turned out to be great. So Im going in to this one not expecting much and hopefully I will be suprised and have the same responce.
September 11, 2009 @ 02:11 PM
DStyles

For the people who did not like KC, this album sucks compared to KC. It's still good but sounds like a knock off to KC.

KC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BP3

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

September 11, 2009 @ 04:56 PM
racz

kid cudi track is hot!
September 11, 2009 @ 06:56 PM
Jphn-John

pm me a link please
September 11, 2009 @ 08:49 PM
ClydeFrazier

Kingdom Come is the only Jay-Z album i don't like.

and even that had some dope tracks

Melo Gang All Day

September 12, 2009 @ 09:24 AM
JayLovesPinays

After seeing Jay perform "Empire State of Mind" for his benefit concert, I swear, that song is classic status.
September 12, 2009 @ 09:31 AM
its_BJ

I hate reminder and the song with pharrell.
I love already home and on to the next one.
The ablum is good but not the best. Yea
September 12, 2009 @ 09:36 AM
C.Dante

on to the next one has that cash money hoe's swizzy x jay feelin imo (does swizzy say jewish wineconfused

already home is the jawn wit cudi right? i thought it was pharrell lol

i like off that

venus vs mars is wack

a star is born is great

and hate fucking sucks

thats what i think of it so far

Please login first to reply.