Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 29, 2009 @ 12:14 AM
grizzzly

tyga is a better young rapper
June 20, 2011 @ 02:29 PM
Ape

lmao this ♥♥♥♥♥

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

June 20, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
Butcher206

you are now aware bow wow "allegedly" got raped by his limo driver/bodyguard when he was a kid
June 20, 2011 @ 03:48 PM

Inactive

while this is completely irrelevant to the tpoic...it does rais a different issue... I think i'll get anylitical, delve deeper into the topic, and be riddiculed for doing so....but first, stats.
There are 2,534,305 myspace pages clasified under "Rap"
There are 2,682,753 Myspace pages classified under "Hip Hop"
Not to mention how many rappers classify themselves under other genres to appear "ecclectic"

You think that makes things easier? Addmitingly it's easier to get "heard" But literally thousands of times harder to get "listened" to. To get shine nowadays? When theres over five MILLION rappers? Statistically 5,499,854 of them will most likely SUCK so that just makes it harder not to be immediately written off as one who doesnt suck.

Do you realize how hard it is to get a "good deal"?

What did Wale have to do before getting signed? A European tour. 2 classic Hall of Fame Mixtapes. A Lil Wayne Feature? iTunes #1 download.

What did Kid Cudi do before he got signed? Another classic Hall of Fame mixtape (which KANYE WEST comes to the release party for). Three "Best of Mixtapes" hosted by third party DJ's. A #1 record on EUROPEAN top 100.

What did Drake do before he got signed? TONS of Lil Wayne features. A classic mixtape. Management by Gee Roberson. A number one record. Radio placements off mixtape tracks.

There arent small feats. Nowadays, We (I say "we" because I am also an "internet artist")have to do what a signed artist used to get paid to do...on our own budget/time/buzz, to get signed. Imagine having to go to school, get a doctorate, and work as a surgeon for years, do all the things a surgeon has to do, gaining a reputation in your community to where people perfer you for their surgeries, and THEN you start getting paid...

The game is changing and it's not easier. Labels don't cultivate artists anymore. You have to have your own "movement" going before a label's signing you.

That was interesting ad deep...i think i'll post this as a new topic.

fucking A so much truth...thank you mayne that was really good
June 20, 2011 @ 03:52 PM
xVILLN

while this is completely irrelevant to the tpoic...it does rais a different issue... I think i'll get anylitical, delve deeper into the topic, and be riddiculed for doing so....but first, stats.
There are 2,534,305 myspace pages clasified under "Rap"
There are 2,682,753 Myspace pages classified under "Hip Hop"
Not to mention how many rappers classify themselves under other genres to appear "ecclectic"

You think that makes things easier? Addmitingly it's easier to get "heard" But literally thousands of times harder to get "listened" to. To get shine nowadays? When theres over five MILLION rappers? Statistically 5,499,854 of them will most likely SUCK so that just makes it harder not to be immediately written off as one who doesnt suck.

Do you realize how hard it is to get a "good deal"?

What did Wale have to do before getting signed? A European tour. 2 classic Hall of Fame Mixtapes. A Lil Wayne Feature? iTunes #1 download.

What did Kid Cudi do before he got signed? Another classic Hall of Fame mixtape (which KANYE WEST comes to the release party for). Three "Best of Mixtapes" hosted by third party DJ's. A #1 record on EUROPEAN top 100.

What did Drake do before he got signed? TONS of Lil Wayne features. A classic mixtape. Management by Gee Roberson. A number one record. Radio placements off mixtape tracks.

There arent small feats. Nowadays, We (I say "we" because I am also an "internet artist")have to do what a signed artist used to get paid to do...on our own budget/time/buzz, to get signed. Imagine having to go to school, get a doctorate, and work as a surgeon for years, do all the things a surgeon has to do, gaining a reputation in your community to where people perfer you for their surgeries, and THEN you start getting paid...

The game is changing and it's not easier. Labels don't cultivate artists anymore. You have to have your own "movement" going before a label's signing you.

That was interesting ad deep...i think i'll post this as a new topic.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

June 20, 2011 @ 04:44 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

His rep is non-existent, been to shit for to long. His image is perma fucked up to this point. His only chance would be to peace out for a few years & comeback with totally different producers after gaining knowledge from other genres.

Or he could sock a bitch then start making trap music.
June 20, 2011 @ 08:28 PM
Ape

lol at Drake being the most successful out of Wale and Cudi two years later, but yet being the one who from an outside point of view had the least statistical chance. Sometimes I forget ♥♥♥♥♥ used to be on Degrassi.

Goes to show, if Drake can go from being named Aubrey, being born in Canada, and being on fucking Degrassi lol, then Bow Wow can become a legit rapper. In fact, Wayne pretty much had the same come-up as him lol.

I remember seeing Replacement Girl on BET in 2006 and ♥♥♥♥♥ was repping fucking Canada and thinking ♥♥♥♥♥ was just another random ass lame mexican rapper or some shit. That ♥♥♥♥♥ had no chance. Sometimes that ♥♥♥♥♥ be acting soft as fuck, but that ♥♥♥♥♥ got grind. Bow Wow being lazy, and a shame two years later we can say the same shit about his career as we could 2,3 years ago.

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

June 20, 2011 @ 08:46 PM

Inactive

lol at Drake being the most successful out of Wale and Cudi two years later, but yet being the one who from an outside point of view had the least statistical chance. Sometimes I forget ♥♥♥♥♥ used to be on Degrassi.

Goes to show, if Drake can go from being named Aubrey, being born in Canada, and being on fucking Degrassi lol, then Bow Wow can become a legit rapper. In fact, Wayne pretty much had the same come-up as him lol.

I remember seeing Replacement Girl on BET in 2006 and ♥♥♥♥♥ was repping fucking Canada and thinking ♥♥♥♥♥ was just another random ass lame mexican rapper or some shit. That ♥♥♥♥♥ had no chance. Sometimes that ♥♥♥♥♥ be acting soft as fuck, but that ♥♥♥♥♥ got grind. Bow Wow being lazy, and a shame two years later we can say the same shit about his career as we could 2,3 years ago.

Cudi is one of the leading voices for our generation and he is going to go down as our Hendrix, Cobain mayne he is the fucking dopest out. Wale is working with Maybach and everybody fucking with him now, so IDK WTF your taking but their on the same level as Octobers Very Own if not ahead/better.
June 20, 2011 @ 08:59 PM
Po~It

lol reading that shit had me dying
June 21, 2011 @ 05:02 AM
xVILLN

Cudi is one of the leading voices for our generation and he is going to go down as our Hendrix, Cobain mayne he is the fucking dopest out. Wale is working with Maybach and everybody fucking with him now, so IDK WTF your taking but their on the same level as Octobers Very Own if not ahead/better.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

Please login first to reply.