Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 13, 2009 @ 11:59 PM
nealgoodlife

Check out an interesting post on Liveagl.com were we expose the true Toronto's true feelings towards Drake..

It is an interesting look at how Toronto (the Screwface capital) operates and what Drake had to do to get to the position he is in now...

www.liveagl.com/alex-talks-about-torontos-real-feelings-towards-drake/
July 14, 2009 @ 12:19 AM
arizonaicedtea

No love for Drake in Toronto
July 14, 2009 @ 12:34 AM
Alicks

he's got some dope rhymes but i dont like his singing wanna be usher bullshit plus the kid grew up in forest hill how "ghetto" can he be
July 14, 2009 @ 01:55 AM
method47

Fuck Drake.
July 14, 2009 @ 07:46 AM
nealgoodlife

Come on man. Drakes life is already made. Surrounded with money. He's just one of those kid who ask mommy and daddy shit. He wanted to be a rapper and there he's well funded. He can rap. but who else cant nowadays? He got money to hire producers, campaigns and whatnot. I really aint hating on him but lets be real? what is this dude going to talk about? his flyness and how much cash he be coutning all day? And whats next??? y'all drake fans tell me. because def this nig aint going to talk bout anything happening in the streets. well atleast not his streets cuz this dude never really grew up with nothing. Tdot reppin him cuz the city doesnt really have anything else. Although I admit the city is a major capital of haters which sucks. But that only means the city can determine whats real and not. I mean he can make good music about girls/hoes/money/play cardigans and shit but that's it.

I like that Best I ever had or w/e it is.

- His Family Aint Rich

- Street rappers only talk about the streets..(gangster shi been over since about 2004, take a look at 50s career)

- There is many artist to choose from in Toronto, but he is very talented one..(no matter how you slice it)

- Hes not really that well funded, he met some regular Toronto dudes that were really good produces, and he was then noticed by Weezy..

- In Toronto, there is no other as good as him..

I'm not a stan at all, but you got to give credit were credit is due, he has a talent for rhyming.
July 14, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
BubbleTeaJelly

he is rich hes from a rich area
July 14, 2009 @ 08:57 AM
Shaun

Found the info on Toronto interesting, after hearing mixtape cuts, Drake's an average artist atm that doesn't warrant the level of hype he's getting...a dope album will flip that though.
July 14, 2009 @ 09:15 AM
ouija

My god, I rarely see this amount of hating on one dude so early. Last guy I can remember is Soulja Boy and that's no comparison. Sure Drake isn't the most talented, but he's done everything right. He's a nice dude and ya'll acting like jealous teenagers.
July 14, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
dunkster

Why are yall hatin on the man he is only rich because he was grining in his earlier years on Degrassi. Shit i dont hate on a person just because they are from the burbs and had money the dude is still humble and stays grounded.

i will rape you if i get the chance

July 14, 2009 @ 10:17 AM
homicid3

Yea, I really don't think he comes from a rich family. He may be from a good part of TO, but I think that money came from when he was on Degrassi. There's a line in one of his songs where he talks about how he had to wire his dad some money because he didn't even have money to buy a pack a cigarettes.

He's definitely trying to make a name for himself in a genre where most commercial rappers spit gangster lyrics and he's not, and I respect him for that. The first time I listened to So Far Gone, I was surprised to hear the differences in tone. One minute I thought I was listening to a rap album (Uptown) then an indie album (Little Bit).
July 14, 2009 @ 11:30 AM
aintgotnowerk

- His Family Aint Rich
He is from Forest Hill, one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Canada, ergo, his family CERTAINLY is rich.
- Street rappers only talk about the streets..(gangster shi been over since about 2004, take a look at 50s career)
Drake isn
July 14, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

damn the hate is strong... when soulja boy came out, ppl were lookin and complaining for an artist besides lupe to come and spit ill lyrics and still have a good mainstream buzz... drake comes and does it and now people are hating, i swear hip hop fans don't know what they want lol

www.NickyDsss.com

July 14, 2009 @ 12:34 PM
jay3091

Why can't we give *****s credit anymore? With all this trash on the radio...rappers like GS Boyz and Dorrough...and we don't want to give Drake credit? WTF?
July 14, 2009 @ 02:20 PM
will 1 am

Why can't we give *****s credit anymore? With all this trash on the radio...rappers like GS Boyz and Dorrough...and we don't want to give Drake credit? WTF?

word

reppin Washtenaw county! razz

Anyway, and who says you have to be poor, or from the streets etc. to rap?

Drake is good at what he does, and he's not trying to be something hes not.
July 14, 2009 @ 02:39 PM
homicid3

This solicits a response of only three letters; k-o-s.

I remember watching a vid with him and he notates that one of his major influences is k-o-s.
July 14, 2009 @ 02:51 PM

Inactive

He's handling his business, no doubt. But the love for him on HB exceeds all other outlets. I personally think he's garbage at music, but good at putting himself in the right situations and for that I give him credit.
July 14, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
chaobro

Drake should rap about being on Degrassi.

fuckin bum
July 14, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
Juki

P.A.s the best rapper from T.O. anyway. Drakes ok, but his music and image are very marketable. Street crediblity is not important nowadays. Rappers gotta sing nowadaysrazz

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 14, 2009 @ 10:05 PM
voluble

Bleh, why is "good hip hop" only allowed to be about or be influenced by the streets and drug dealing etc. This is why hip hop is not respected as a genre, because it is pigeonholed into these retarded expectations from its fans to remain stagnant and to never expand its subject matter or composition. Rap music seems to only ever be respected by fans if the person performing it has some mythical "street cred". This many people hating on Drake, who has some rhyming skills (which is what I thought hip hop was about it the first fucking place) and is a decently fresh face in the game makes me see that. I thought wealth and fancy cars and all the shit that comes with that was respected in hip hop... oh no wait, you have to "earn" it by leaving the streets only to whore/sell the experience out in your songs first.

End mo'fuckin rant.

You're welcome.
July 14, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
ImperiusRex

wait, how the fuck are ppl gonna say he wasnt rich? dude was on TV for like 5 fuckin years. He may not have been oprah rich but he was well off
July 14, 2009 @ 10:18 PM
DeezNuts

when some bad rappers/singers came out everyone was saying "ohh hip-hop is dead"
now someone actually came out with some good shit everyone is still complaining..

i dont get, what people would want
July 14, 2009 @ 11:24 PM
Grand Hussla

lol wow...

you *****s listen to the craziest music
July 15, 2009 @ 12:24 AM
KUSH

im not the biggest fan of drakes music but....

if you get to where hes at, you gotta be working hard... no one makes it to the top without grinding hard
July 15, 2009 @ 03:24 AM
Joao.

Bleh, why is "good hip hop" only allowed to be about or be influenced by the streets and drug dealing etc. This is why hip hop is not respected as a genre, because it is pigeonholed into these retarded expectations from its fans to remain stagnant and to never expand its subject matter or composition. Rap music seems to only ever be respected by fans if the person performing it has some mythical "street cred". This many people hating on Drake, who has some rhyming skills (which is what I thought hip hop was about it the first fucking place) and is a decently fresh face in the game makes me see that. I thought wealth and fancy cars and all the shit that comes with that was respected in hip hop... oh no wait, you have to "earn" it by leaving the streets only to whore/sell the experience out in your songs first.

End mo'fuckin rant.

You're welcome.

Probably the most intelligent thing I have ever seen posted on this forum, and this is coming from a person who lives hip-hop.
July 15, 2009 @ 11:58 AM
unvrsl

as if Neal of A Good Life speaks for the city of almost 5 million.

fuck outta here...
July 15, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
unvrsl

P.A.s the best rapper from T.O. anyway. Drakes ok, but his music and image are very marketable. Street crediblity is not important nowadays. Rappers gotta sing nowadaysrazz

Prince Ali is the best in Toronto? LOL

share some of that weed you smokin'
July 15, 2009 @ 04:49 PM
WatermelonBro

I remember watching a vid with him and he notates that one of his major influences is k-o-s.

K-Os is still miles beyond Drake, IMO
July 15, 2009 @ 05:09 PM
nasDAQ

i think Drake is a pretty good look for us here in Toronto.. like who else do we have...K-Os, Kardinal, and Famous? Come on, if he gets love in the states, why the fuck isn't the rest of Toronto showing him love.
July 15, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
Juki

Prince Ali is the best in Toronto? LOL

share some of that weed you smokin'

lol, you already know P.A.s that dude in T.O. for real hip hop heads:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-JdiHHN180

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 15, 2009 @ 07:18 PM
Handclaps

Drake is a good artist and Toronto will never change its attitude about anything Drake is wack, Kardi is wack blah blah...

Please login first to reply.