Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 20, 2011 @ 11:41 AM
zinmaru

After giving this album 2 thorough listens, I feel as though there are too many tracks that shouldn't be there either because they're too old, or because they ruin the coherency of the album. The first half of the album sounds like a compilation album to me, and although the second half of the album is full of great tracks like God's Gift, and Breakdown, that isn't enough to make it a great album. Therefore this album is merely decent to me. Especially because this is his debut album. All my favourite albums are my favourite because I can sit down and listen to them from track A-Z without skipping a track. After listening to this one twice, I know this will be the type of album where I only listen to select tracks from it.

Decent.
September 20, 2011 @ 12:04 PM
sellme

This niqqa cole has officially lost it. It ain't always about high or deep your voice is or how real you are... its about how fly you sound saying that shit.

Cole not fly, at all.
September 20, 2011 @ 12:57 PM
AdnanToThe

pm me por favor

Instagram- @AdnanToThe http://twitter.com/#!/AdnanToThe http://adnantothe.tumblr.com/

September 20, 2011 @ 01:04 PM
YoungHawk03

After giving this album 2 thorough listens, I feel as though there are too many tracks that shouldn't be there either because they're too old, or because they ruin the coherency of the album. The first half of the album sounds like a compilation album to me, and although the second half of the album is full of great tracks like God's Gift, and Breakdown, that isn't enough to make it a great album. Therefore this album is merely decent to me. Especially because this is his debut album. All my favourite albums are my favourite because I can sit down and listen to them from track A-Z without skipping a track. After listening to this one twice, I know this will be the type of album where I only listen to select tracks from it.

Decent.

This. Perfect summary for this album .. some of these tracks are already played out and are not needed at all on the album .. especially Lights Please & In The Morning. I think it's safe to say that Cole officially fell off... This coulda been such an epic project with the overall theme of the album, but I think he missed the mark with some of these tracks
September 20, 2011 @ 01:07 PM
art vandelay

wow, hulkshares fucking up on me and all the shit i downloaded isnt working, someone wanna pm me a next link? smile
September 20, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
bulldogskoleff

somebody PM me a link por favor
September 20, 2011 @ 02:03 PM
HigherLearning

♥♥♥♥♥s hatin on Cole...smh...

Nearly every song on MBDTF leaked, mad early...and ♥♥♥♥♥s still think that was a great album...

I feel like people do they best to bring an underground/new artist like Cole to the top, only to push his ass off as soon as he makes it. Fall back...let Cole shine
September 20, 2011 @ 02:29 PM
-alex

Some of y'all are crazy lol .. best Rap album of the year??? Hell no

Watch The Throne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

wtt was trash

section 80 >>>>>> that garbage
September 20, 2011 @ 03:18 PM
deegee

that dollar and a dream III beat is PIFFERY

http://www.prevailco.com

September 20, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
bulmasaur

Nearly every song on MBDTF leaked, mad early...and ♥♥♥♥♥s still think that was a great album...

I feel like people do they best to bring an underground/new artist like Cole to the top, only to push his ass off as soon as he makes it. Fall back...let Cole shine

lol shut up dude. cole will never be on kanye's level.

this album was decent. we hate on it because of what we've heard from his mixtapes... but cmon this is not the same j. cole. all he talks about on this album is the bitches hes fuckin now because of his fame and how cold of a rapper he is. shit gets real repetitive. plus the fact that he's been hyping up his debut album for like 2 years now, sayin he saved all his best stuff for it... all the while he has 5 songs we've already heard on the album. i dont even know what im talking about im stoned. kbye.
September 20, 2011 @ 03:32 PM
fristo0308

wtt was trash

section 80 >>>>>> that garbage

section.80 is hands down the best hip-hop album of the year.

I finally gave Sideline Story another listen and I really enjoyed it, with the exception of a couple of tracks. I feel like it was a pretty good debut, especially in this day in age. people expect every debut to be another reasonable doubt or college dropout, but it just doesn't seem realistic in music these days. I'm still confused how people are saying he fell off when this is his first album. I agree, his mixtapes are better though. we'll just have to see what happens with him in the future.
September 20, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
-alex

^sideline story is slightly better for me than section.80 but im one of the dude's biggest fans, lol, love section.80 too tho.

cole world > section.80 >>>>>>>> WTT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CARTER IV

J. Cole = Top3 producers after this album, remember people he did hiiipower too coolcoolcool it's almost impossible to improve this much

Best big label debut since when, since food n liquor? i don't even know..

im impressed, in the morning should have been left out or replaced tho. and the first two singles were mediocre

9/10
September 20, 2011 @ 04:04 PM
$$$$$$$$

someone pm me a link. thanks!
September 20, 2011 @ 04:18 PM
hypoh

mehh album is alright.
September 20, 2011 @ 04:46 PM
TheAbstrakt

whenever dude sings he sings the same fuckin melody lol. album is alright, nothing special.
September 20, 2011 @ 04:51 PM
jawesome

Anyone feeling the collab with Mary J?

Instagram: prxsh

September 20, 2011 @ 04:56 PM
blackice445

I give it a 8.5/10. dopeee
September 20, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
yungm

wow y'all ♥♥♥♥♥s cray this shit is dope
September 20, 2011 @ 04:59 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

A lot of the songs sounds repetitive.

Also, songs like lights please and in the morning shouldnt have been on the album razz
September 20, 2011 @ 05:14 PM
airforce416

coolcool
rise and shine cool
September 20, 2011 @ 05:29 PM
YCNHOJ

Hook it up with a link please smile
September 20, 2011 @ 06:29 PM
dOpeMitch

Album is good but no where near Warm Up... heres why

Dolla and a Dream III is great, but he tried to hard to make it "anotha dolla and the dream track" like the chorus sucks... he tried to hard and its a forced chorus cause he wanted to stick to that theme to bad... but song is dope

the intros of his shit are always amazing and it seemed that this was gonna be amazing too but it didnt set any mood, it just stopped cause it was super rushed, coulda been epic but it wasnt..

Lights please and In the morning... no such thing as a classic album with these two on the track listing

OG Lost ones is amazing, but he changed the beat, im geussing for sample purposes, so its not even close to as good...

albums good but too much forced " COLE WORLD IM MR DOLLAR AND DREAM type shit" like he feels like he has to be those little things so fans would like him..

Enchanted and 2Face shoulda been here, woulda been the two best album cuts, idk what hes thinkin

7/10.. his next album will be much less presure for him and it will be amazing, like take care will be for drake
September 20, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
rocka

Album is decent. Not great (the word classic is used so often its ridiculous) nor bad. if you think he is boring this definitely won't help you change your opinion. I liked sidelines or whatever. J cole producing is kinda bland on this too but I liked some of his samples.
September 20, 2011 @ 07:10 PM
3 Stripes

pm me link please!!!
September 20, 2011 @ 07:16 PM
art vandelay

God's Gift is cool

I preferred the old Lost Ones though. Didn't really feel the new beat.
September 20, 2011 @ 07:27 PM
projectpat19

Really like it after first listen. I was only disappointed that Lights Please and In The Morning were both on it, which is saying something because those were arguably the best tracks on The Warm Up and FNL, respectively. Just wanted new material!
September 20, 2011 @ 08:06 PM
RocketsFan14

just when i was thinking cole fell off, damn. this is by far better than i was expecting, and his production game has stepped way up, like someone else said. he's definatelly turning into an elite producer. album is coolcoolcoolcoolcool
September 21, 2011 @ 12:16 AM
Mos

this
September 21, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
murklur

pm me link please!!!

anyone get the link? can't find it.. confused
September 21, 2011 @ 12:16 PM
alwayZz

nobody's perfect and sideline story track is so heat.. replay.

Please login first to reply.