Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 8, 2009 @ 09:31 PM
dots...

I think this is something worth pointing out. I realized that when i talk to friends about rock or pop or almost anything,we never get into "i think he's better" because it's understood that people have different tastes.Is the Hip Hop crowd that immature that they must point out who they think said the better simile? I realized that the people REALLY succeeding in music have lines that are parts of songs that are parts of albums that are part of an image. The people who get a little hood fame in reality have horrible songwriting skills because they can only write lines,but not full coherent verses.
I'm not saying that this is the only reason hip hop doesn't get respect,i think it's just one.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:35 PM
bloxheads

dude, what the fuck are you talking about?...and shutup, you sound like a backpacker.

j/k

but really, im lost on what your talking about.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:37 PM
dots...

I'm saying Hip Hop always seems so immature because we hype up one line rather than a well written verse.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
Beaner

This happens in EVERY music genre

See: Metal elitists.

Your thread is stupid.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
Beaner

Oh and hipsters and their indie music

<3 indie
July 8, 2009 @ 09:41 PM
dots...

i forgot what board i was on lol. Beaner...um...don't even think i should reply to what u said.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:42 PM
Beaner

You see..I am not really a hip hop head.and I'm immature..I do everything you claim hip hop fans do..except with metal and other genres of music.

Your point = not true.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
dots...

Ok,thank you for stating it in a mature way.I understand that people do argue,but i'm saying it happens more in Hip Hop because of it's age and it would happen in any young Genre.
July 8, 2009 @ 09:49 PM
bloxheads

o ok..i see now...anh they do that shit in every genre.....like in middle school, *****s was like slipknot is real fucking music not no faggot simple plan or good charllotte....kinda how some backers are like, little brother and wutang are real hip hop not gucci mane and soulja boi
July 8, 2009 @ 09:51 PM
Beaner

Slipknot is not real metal

raheljelfRAHHHH
aljRAHHH EGREGRERR
July 8, 2009 @ 10:31 PM
Black Chanler

I gave up trying figure out rap/hip-hop/a bunch of black people rhyming over a beat, whatever you wanna call it these days. Its fucked, I stopped caring.
July 9, 2009 @ 01:51 AM
Essence0

People have been arguing about Beatles vs. Elvis or Beatles vs. Rolling Stones for decades now, it happens it every genre of music.
July 9, 2009 @ 04:45 AM
ClydeFrazier

People have been arguing about Beatles vs. Elvis or Beatles vs. Rolling Stones for decades now, it happens it every genre of music.

true. plus look at AC/DC (post bon scott) and kiss fans (not that that's music anyways)

Melo Gang All Day

July 9, 2009 @ 09:02 AM
McTease

Hip-hop's not respected because of racism and change, almost everyone I know likes at least one hip-hop song.
July 9, 2009 @ 11:15 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

^ This
July 9, 2009 @ 11:24 AM
Quickstriker

Two words-Well one misspelled word, but two words
July 9, 2009 @ 03:33 PM
Chewbakka

The reason hip hop is not respected today is because the people who represent hip hop in the mainstream media are ignorant, arrogant, annoying and just fucking stupid. It's a fact.
July 9, 2009 @ 05:35 PM
Dray

Hip Hop is listened to by every race now a days, it is prolly the most listened to genre. The only people that dont respect are old folks stuck in old stereotypes and they arent relevant.
July 9, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
ClydeFrazier

Hip Hop is listened to by every race now a days, it is prolly the most listened to genre. The only people that dont respect are old folks stuck in old stereotypes and they arent relevant.

aren't you the guy that claims to be in tha bay and ignorant?

Melo Gang All Day

July 10, 2009 @ 07:06 PM
sTuSsY_kiD

its jus hip hop is a competition
its a sport: And ders a lot of artist who write
dope verses and not jus lines
July 12, 2009 @ 01:19 PM
Quickstriker

It's actually four.

How's Soulja Boy four words?
July 12, 2009 @ 02:17 PM
Beaner

Soulja Boy Tell' Em

I think is what he means.
July 12, 2009 @ 02:46 PM
yefar

The thing that I really think hurts hip hop is being labeled. I listen to many genres including hip hop as it is one my favorites but which other genre label their music southern rap, west coast, east coast, and even mid west. It's not united so it will never be bigger than what it is today.

Also people who sound different become outcast. Living in the south I hear a lot of ignorant comments said to artist I listen to like Common, Lupe, Theo London, and J. Cole. The whole hip hop state doesn't bother me because I just listen to what I like.
July 12, 2009 @ 04:23 PM
owensA

ya, best album of all time argument always seems to come down to Pet Sounds vs. Sgt. Peppers. I get in arguments w/ my friends re: best rock album of the '90s,'80s, etc. all the time. Everyone's got an opinion and everyone seems to think their opinion is the final word, it happens w/ all genres.

I think the real reason hip hop is not taken that seriously, especially nowadays, is because there's such a focus on the artist's image, who's been to jail, etc. It's fucking absurd.
July 12, 2009 @ 04:32 PM
x_X

July 12, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
Essence0

The thing that I really think hurts hip hop is being labeled. I listen to many genres including hip hop as it is one my favorites but which other genre label their music southern rap, west coast, east coast, and even mid west. It's not united so it will never be bigger than what it is today.

Also people who sound different become outcast. Living in the south I hear a lot of ignorant comments said to artist I listen to like Common, Lupe, Theo London, and J. Cole. The whole hip hop state doesn't bother me because I just listen to what I like.

Rock listeners separate and label their music too like heavy metal, grunge, punk, art, indie, glam, hard, southern, garage, surf, psychedelia, etc. and their are many people who won't listen to any artist that belongs to a certain sub genre.
July 12, 2009 @ 05:19 PM
Cipher!

wait what's the question? hip hop is respected and not respected everywhere, that goes for any genre of music.

Please login first to reply.