HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 8, 2009 @ 03:49 PM
Juicy J

i'm curious to hear other peoples opinions on this matter. i'm a big wu-tang fan, and lyrically i've feelin some of the shit joe budden's been puttin out lately, so i have mixed opinions about the whole situation.

inspectah deck goin in on joe budden:

www.zshare.net/audio/62397137046d9452/

WE TRIPPY MANE

July 8, 2009 @ 04:03 PM
♥♥♥

"i see you like to put your word online..aint nobody checking for you, they checking for your girls behind"

true.
July 8, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

Inspectah Deck is still alive? Look let's be real the only *****s from Wu worth mentiong are Rza, Meth, Rae, Ghost and ODB. Everyone else is pretty much irrelevant. And despite what everyone has to say in 2009 Joe > Meth. Wu Tang is a legendary group but in 2009...TODAY...they are NOT the powerhouse they were over 10 years ago.

Slaughterhouse will body Wu Tang...PERIOD. Stans can deny it all they want but it's the truth.

I really hope this turns into a crew battle cuz I'm def interested in hearing these dudes go in.
July 8, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
SFCA

^no.

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

July 8, 2009 @ 04:45 PM

Inactive

ChicaGo-Getter,
you're a fucking idiot..

I'm afraid this can be more of a Slaughterhouse VS Wu, rather than Joe vs WU. It's not a good luck, in my opinon.
July 8, 2009 @ 05:16 PM
Phlipstar

Inspectah Deck is still alive? Look let's be real the only *****s from Wu worth mentiong are Rza, Meth, Rae, Ghost and ODB. Everyone else is pretty much irrelevant. And despite what everyone has to say in 2009 Joe > Meth. Wu Tang is a legendary group but in 2009...TODAY...they are NOT the powerhouse they were over 10 years ago.

Slaughterhouse will body Wu Tang...PERIOD. Stans can deny it all they want but it's the truth.

I really hope this turns into a crew battle cuz I'm def interested in hearing these dudes go in.

Slaughterhouse will NOT body Wu-Tang... why? b/c the other members have more sense that that foolery Joe Budden. Shit, i was at the Wu-ooh video shoot and Ortiz was there chillin on set with Meth and Rae.
July 8, 2009 @ 05:20 PM

Inactive

Inspectah takes shots at the whole Slaughterhouse, listen.
July 8, 2009 @ 05:34 PM
.emaN

wu will body budden
July 8, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
Little2josh

how did it become Wu vs Joe i thought it was just joey and meth.... well I like them all slaughterhouse n the wu .. and im not gonna stop listenin to them both just because of some irrelevant beefcool
July 8, 2009 @ 06:50 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

When ypu say "real" do you mean good? Cuz I could give two fucks who's the realest I'm talking about who's the better MC and like it or not Joe is better than Meth. You *****s can dispute this all you want but it's true. Some of yall seem to be stuck in the past. I'm not denying the greatness that is Wu Tang. I'm saying it's 2009 and not 1995 and them *****s aint getting busy like they use to. PERIOD. If you don't agree with that statement you're either dilusional, a Wu stan or an idiot. Deck is NOT better than Joe in 2009. I don't even know if Deck is better than Joe in 95. He def COULDN'T stand on his own if the Wu never existed. Nor could most of the *****s in the group beside the dudes I mentioned earlier.

People always bring up one or two good verses by the lesser talented Wu members thinking that means something. AZ has a classic verse on a classic album and he still AINT a heavy weight in Hip Hop. Some of yall let the fact that you're a fan of their music cloud your judgement. Jordan is the greatest player EVER and he couldn't fuck with an average player in the NBA now. It doesn't take away from his greatest it just means he's past his time as is most rappers.
July 8, 2009 @ 07:57 PM
nasDAQ

...no. Homie im just WAITING for Meth to put out a diss track. The whole Wu will just destroy slaughterhouse...Royce is the only questionable one though. Go listen to Meth's 'Bring The Pain' and imagine that in 'diss' form. It'd be over.
July 8, 2009 @ 08:16 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

im not arguing that im just saying i dont agree with the 4 wu members that you thought were "worth mentioning" were the only ones worth mentioning

Aside from like the first sentence my last post was more directed to the dudes above you.
July 8, 2009 @ 08:29 PM
N123

Raekwon is better than anyone in Slaughterhouse

I don't know whats wrong with peoples heads, Slaughterhouse are a bunch of punchline rappers.
July 8, 2009 @ 08:30 PM
N123

Decks not better than Joe Budden in 09, because he ain't puttin music out like that.

Deck can STILL rip a verse, and we'll see that on Cuban Linx 2. Solo - Joe Budden > Deck, Group - Deck > Joe, Verse for verse, Deck >>>>>>>>>> Budden
July 8, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
nickalew

ahah i dont even know how this got pitted as a Wu vs. Slaughterhouse.Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to both groups. I understand what chicaGO is saying about it being 2009 (today). Yet I feel that the Wu is of such legendary stature that they shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone. They've made their mark on hip hop, something that's irreversible. That's like Jordan and his 6 rings; he shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone, just look at how many rings he's got. They speak for himself.
July 8, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
minusind

i respect and love the Wu just as much as the next man. but in no way, shape, or form can deck outrap joey. shit is insane, joe will rap circles around him. and why is this getting twisted into a joe vs. the clan thing?
the only one that would give joe some comp is rae, and theyre on tour together and talked the "beef" over. like someone said earlier in this thread, people are letting their "fanhood" cloud their thoughts. whoever honestly thinks meth or deck would outrap joe is crazy and should give me some quoteables. for every good one i get ill post 2 in response.
July 9, 2009 @ 07:42 AM
Juicy J

personally, i thought this was just gonna be a meth vs. joe type thing. i was kind of excited because i thought joe and meth were gonna be on some nas vs. jay-z shit, but meth, the clan, and busta rhymes were kind of sensitive about what that nigguh joe budden had said. i was kinda pissed that happened because, even though meth is considered a legend, right now he's been fallin off a little with his music, while joe budden is in the prime of his career coming from being a one hit wonder to being a pretty good lyricist. it would of been entertaining to see them two go at it lyrically.

but like joe said in 09...joe budden > method man

and the funny thing about the whole situation is that jay-z basically did the same to nas like what joe did to meth. when jay released the takeover he basically called out nas on some random shit just like joe did meth. nas didn't complain or anything all he did was come out with a diss track to respond to what jay had said about him. the only reason why this is getting out of hand is fact that meth and other catz in the industry feel that meth doesn't have to prove anything because of what he did with wu-tang. but if ask me...he does. lyrically the dudes been slackin. his verses on blackout 2definitely weren't some his best work. meth needs to let nigguhs know that he can still spit that hot shit because hasn't proved that lately.

but i do agree with nickalew about the whole wu doesn't have to prove anything. BUT IDK MAN?! i just wanna see two good MC's go at it. i haven't seen that in awhile.

WE TRIPPY MANE

July 9, 2009 @ 11:47 AM
chris dibiase

all i know is deck killed that beat
July 9, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
Juicy J

joe budden responds to inspectah deck's diss track:

forbezdvd.com/cod.php?v=NDg1Ng

WE TRIPPY MANE

July 14, 2009 @ 04:51 AM
tonysteak

You don't know what you're talking about, stopped reading at ODB. You didn't even mention GZA? Liquid Swords?

And you don't even have to wait for Cuban Linx 2, give Chamber Music a listen, they just released it, and it's actually good.

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

July 14, 2009 @ 05:28 AM
ackbar

anyone who tries to suggest both inspectah deck AND az were not great rappers.. even at their peak.. kind of throws any potential hip hop credibility they may have had right out the window
July 15, 2009 @ 03:29 AM
Juicy J

inspectah deck is like method man, only good when he's rappin with the wu..

WE TRIPPY MANE

July 15, 2009 @ 02:47 PM
tonysteak

inspectah deck is like method man, only good when he's rappin with the wu..

He's definitely not at his peak, but that's not a bad thing. He's not necessarily bad on his own.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJg2ncrj0Rs

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

July 15, 2009 @ 03:30 PM
nostalgia

Look really to say Joe is better than any of the Wu members is retarded, look how many hits the Wu have, look how much they sold, you respect that you don't say they shouldnt be in the top 100, when you only got two hits. So on Joe's own argument he loses. Meth >>> Joe.
July 15, 2009 @ 05:23 PM

Inactive

www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVvXpjRnqA

He's only aiming at Joe.
July 15, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
N123

Joe was on blogtv

and he was like hes going to ignore the beef and shit. "No comment" he said he'll say from now on.
July 16, 2009 @ 02:43 AM
minusind

Look really to say Joe is better than any of the Wu members is retarded, look how many hits the Wu have, look how much they sold, you respect that you don't say they shouldnt be in the top 100, when you only got two hits. So on Joe's own argument he loses. Meth >>> Joe.

you my friend, no nothing about music. stfu.
July 16, 2009 @ 04:47 AM
ackbar

you my friend, no nothing about music. stfu.

he's definitely half right. joey hasn't done shit that can stand up against:
- cuban linx (rae)
- supreme clientele (gfk)
- 6 feet deep (rza)
- liquid swords (gza)
- tical (method man)
- the dirty version (odb)
- triumph first verse alone. no need to mention anything else (inspectah deck)

for good measure..
- the pillage (cappadonna)

budden doesn't suck.. but he is kind of generic & boring. wu have at least 10 classic albums.. joe buddens hasn't even rapped a single verse on a classic album
July 16, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
nostalgia

haha thank you i was about to list everything too
July 16, 2009 @ 11:11 AM
TwiggyDig

but he smokes on the mic like smokin joe frazier, the hell raiser, raised hell with the flava

Please login first to reply.