Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 25, 2011 @ 01:47 PM
Scotty

This is just getting ridiculous, there is members that just have to be banned for good.. They are just a parasite to this site and do no good for it.. Im going to drop a few names, i think we should take a vote on it or something.. Also u can add if u feel someone needs to get banned.. im going to start

1. Jordan aka tripple666shit: He cameback and does the same stupid shit... Dude hates everything, does absolutely nothing for this site and just calls people faggots, dumbasses and herbs..

2. Y4na he is like a 13 year old kid, who does nothing for the site, just goes in the wdywt and tries to act all tough.. hahaha it pretty annoying now

3. Virunga and b-lo brown, all they do is make troll threads all day..

4. Brendan aka swagoff needs to get like a long ban from the shoutbox.. Makes everyone get hostile in the shoutbox.. He doesnt even post in the threads, only as swagson in the wdywt..

Those are off the top of my head.. These dudes are just making the people who actually enjoy the site for its purpose, not wanna come on here as often.. Just my opinion, internet isnt that serious but damn come on, i like to enjoy coming on here..
January 25, 2011 @ 06:20 PM
drewblocka

lol but no matter what we do they will end up coming back with new account and a worse attitude. even behind an IP blocker.

issue temp bans

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

January 25, 2011 @ 06:39 PM
drewblocka

lol. i just went into the sb and started issuing 10 minute bans to livestok jordan and northwest

February 1, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
karl winslow

Pinhead Larry should also be added to the list. Everything this dude says/does is about his hatred for homosexuals and Asians. Shit is annoying as fuck, gonna temp-ban him, but I feel he should be permabanned.
February 3, 2011 @ 06:50 AM
Hunter

just PM me a list of assholes that need to go and I'll be happy to be the bad cop and look at their posting history, fuck this letting it be bullshit if you're going to do that then scrap the rules entirely.
February 3, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
drewblocka

its not scrapping the rules. just a different way to handle it. i mean, this is the way we ran the forum with np and what happened to all the good posters we used to have? half of them left, we banned the other half and now have to deal with them being complete assholes. and because they act like that, the new people that sign on do the same exact thing and we no longer have a functional community

February 3, 2011 @ 01:21 PM
Scotty

Thats why u ban em for good, some of these new guys dont know about IP blockers.. Even Jordan couldnt figure it out, cause he thought he was banned for good.. There is just a few that have to go..

Im going to ban Jordan real quick though, u can demodd me or whatever but the dude is just a stupid little child.. Doesnt nothing good for this site and Drew gave him another chance.. Which i told him shouldnt happen, dont know why u would?

Hunter my list is in the first post..
February 4, 2011 @ 03:02 AM
drewblocka

he was posting on a steady account for a minute then someone banned it and he flipped his shit again. i told you to ban him when he needs it. but make sure he actually needs it. not for calling you a name in the sb or some petty shit like that

February 4, 2011 @ 11:20 AM
Scotty

he was posting on a steady account for a minute then someone banned it and he flipped his shit again. i told you to ban him when he needs it. but make sure he actually needs it. not for calling you a name in the sb or some petty shit like that

Im not talking about the shoutbox, i just laugh at the way he acts on there.. Its more in the threads but we'll wait and see..
February 5, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
Hunter

its not scrapping the rules. just a different way to handle it. i mean, this is the way we ran the forum with np and what happened to all the good posters we used to have? half of them left, we banned the other half and now have to deal with them being complete assholes. and because they act like that, the new people that sign on do the same exact thing and we no longer have a functional community

and letting a few 15 year olds dominate the board pulling their lord of the flies bullshit drives EVERYONE away with their juvenile antics, you make the call.
February 5, 2011 @ 11:35 PM
drewblocka

its not them dominating the board. this is an online community dude. It wouldn't exist without people posting on it. And lol lefty just gave jordan's account an infraction for this

Dear tripple6shit,

You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums.

Reason: General Forum Rule Violation
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]2882804[/post]
[/QUOTE">

damn i just saw tht hat and jacket at urban outfitters

All the best,
Hypebeast Forums

ok so i got an infraction for saying i saw both those items at UO

www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=18753467&pushId=BRANDS_STUSSY&popId=BRANDS&navCount=27&navAction=jump&itemCount=80&parentid=BRANDS_STUSSY&startValue=1&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority

www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=19991504&pushId=M_APP_BRANDS_ALLSON&popId=BRANDS&navCount=9&navAction=jump&itemCount=80&parentid=M_APP_BRANDS_ALLSON&startValue=1&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority

February 6, 2011 @ 09:34 AM
Hunter

its not them dominating the board. this is an online community dude. It wouldn't exist without people posting on it. And lol lefty just gave jordan's account an infraction for this

Well then you need to sort that out with Lefty but if someone posts a gif of some guy jacking off all over themselves I'm banning them, not sure why you let that thread stay up there for almost a week but it's gone now.

and as far as your idea of an 'online community' do you want one that follows the posted rules or not? If not then I suggest that you change the rules to fit your idea of what an 'online community' is, it would certainly be easier for mods to enforce if the rules weren't as strict, though I know what Kevin's take on it will be (i.e. he's not changing a thing) so I'm not even sure why this would come into question.
February 6, 2011 @ 11:45 AM
Podge

i infract in only wdywt/pickups/marketplace. the only other infractions i do are spam/fakes accounts, check my infractions. all warranted for the most part.
~Lefty
February 6, 2011 @ 12:54 PM
drewblocka

Well then you need to sort that out with Lefty but if someone posts a gif of some guy jacking off all over themselves I'm banning them, not sure why you let that thread stay up there for almost a week but it's gone now.

and as far as your idea of an 'online community' do you want one that follows the posted rules or not? If not then I suggest that you change the rules to fit your idea of what an 'online community' is, it would certainly be easier for mods to enforce if the rules weren't as strict, though I know what Kevin's take on it will be (i.e. he's not changing a thing) so I'm not even sure why this would come into question.

Yes I want everybody to follow the rules. No trolling, meaningless threads or insulting other members. but its the internet and if we give an infraction for EVERY single insult, we would no longer have any regular posters. They would make new accounts and act like complete dickheads. What we are doing is fine, I just don't want them thinking the mods are banning and infracting them for personal reasons. Just make sure it is warranted, and in the infraction note let them know what the deal is. Too many times I get a pm because someone gets a 3 point infraction and auto ban with no reason. So try to go through all 3 infractions. When they come back and make new accounts, treat it as a new member. And don't just auto ban as soon as soon as possible. This is why we end up with kids like Swagson and all the rest of them with 100 accounts that we don't know about. As for the original post about the members that should be banned, people acting tough or making annoying threads shouldn't be a reason to be banned. Especially in a forum called offtopic. Sure the jack off thread should have been deleted, but in their defense they didn't embed the .gifs.

February 6, 2011 @ 10:24 PM
Scotty

^ Its not for every insult or comment.. Its when the dudes do shit repetitive.. I could careless if another dude calls another dude on the internet a faggot.. Whatever, its just gets annoying when the same kids/kids just come in here and just say shit OVER and OVER! They come onto a internet forum to troll and talk shit cause they have no other life and no social life.. So the people who actually like this site for what it is, which i thought was talk about streetwear/fashion and maybe some off topic shit no longer want to come on here..

Its not like we have personal things against these kids, its almost like u have to baby sit these kids to try to enjoy the forum.. They are parasites of the forum, reason i think u ban em then shout down registration.. If they have other accounts u ban them too, dont try to make as a new account cause its the same person.. Then once their accounts are gone, they are gone.. Just my take on it!
February 6, 2011 @ 11:48 PM
drewblocka

Yeah i understand, but Kevin doesn't like registration closed for too long at a time. And I'm not babying them, I just don't see the justification to IP ban them for being annoying. And without an IP ban its just that they will make new accounts. So why put the extra work on everyone else to keep banning new accounts and IP search and delete new accounts.

February 10, 2011 @ 11:23 PM
drewblocka

mind unbanning me now? Sorry bout dat

lol

February 20, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
Ka Yue

lol

Developer of Hypebeast.

March 7, 2011 @ 10:20 PM
Scotty

Jordan is possibly going to get banned tonight... Just a fair warning! And the next person to post that stupid pic and make thread of it..

Please login first to reply.