May 25, 2010 @ 01:49 PM
Kevin Ma

This is drew btw, but I need somebody to take care of the marketplace. I made the prefix change, and changed it so nobody can even make a thread until they are at 50 posts. But we still have people posting without tagged pictures or pictures at all.

So if you think you can check it daily and make sure all the FS ads are valid, let me know

we also need people to cover regional and sneakers

HYPEBEAST.COM

May 28, 2010 @ 02:46 PM
DREWKKAKE

If nobody takes this on I'm going to have Lefty do it

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

May 28, 2010 @ 04:35 PM
BruhMan

lol put lefty on. he's a good dude and im sure he would love to do it.
May 29, 2010 @ 03:53 AM
KEMP

I would love to do this, but I have no time to go full board with it.... Education first sry drew.
May 29, 2010 @ 02:04 PM
DREWKKAKE

nah infamous i see you. i was aiming more towards a regular mod to have it be JUST their section. but if you want to keep handling it thats great

May 30, 2010 @ 01:53 AM
DREWKKAKE

haha yeah. so i think i might make lefty the marketplace mod

June 16, 2010 @ 12:55 PM
Ma Duce

sorry been a little busy..haven't had time to regulate in there. i've been keeping the title change request threads up-to-date though

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

August 4, 2010 @ 11:28 AM
Podge

yo, could/should i infract those hella free posting in different mp threads to get to the 50(mp req) or 25(picture or pm req)?

what about obvious multiple trollers shitting up another persons thread?

~Lefty
August 5, 2010 @ 08:56 AM
Hunter

yo, could/should i infract those hella free posting in different mp threads to get to the 50(mp req) or 25(picture or pm req)?

what about obvious multiple trollers shitting up another persons thread?

~Lefty

yes to both.
August 5, 2010 @ 12:23 PM
Podge

hunter or whomever
this is from user chenmeister
Hi leftyjeenyus,

As you are aware, Babymilo23 scammed me with this iphone from this thread. i sent him $200 cash through priority and he has sent me nothing. i'm pretty sure he is a confirmed scammer with all the other sketchy transactions he's gone through.
hypebeast.com/forum/showthrea...94#post2615594

Also, I know it is very unlikely, but I got scammed AGAIN by KID. Again, I was buying his iphone 3gs.(for 185, I know it was ridiculously cheap and that's why I bought it) he was pretty sketchy, saying he sent the phone last friday but did not provide me with tracking. On Monday morning after replying to me saying the tracking number was at his house. However when he finally gave it to me that afternoon or so, the tracking information said it was shipped on Monday morning showing he lied saying that it was sent last friday. Anyways, I got it yesterday but the box was empty.. I have filed a claim on paypal for my money back. hopefully it will go through.

this is the sales thread
hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133756

I know I'm quite new here. This is honestly my first two times buying stuff on Hypebeast and got scammed BOTH times. I am now down around 400 dollars, I don't know what to say..

I don't know if there's anything I can do about babymilo23 cause I sent him cash, but I'm pretty sure I can get my money back from KID. I'm coming to you first so I can prove that everything I tell you is legit. I have many references from other sites such as styleforum and superfuture. I have also saved all our messages/chats.

Please be aware that these two babymilo23 and KID are both scammers. (and maybe its coincidence, but they are both from oak hill, WV. both sending out from the 25901 post office).

Please help me out.

thank you

~Mike

IDK how to ip check. Are these 2 the same people?

KID = Ethan Staunton
babymilo23 = marquesses milstrey

both from sending from the same postoffice apparently
both are fb friends and comment on each other's kicks but said they don't know each other.
seems the 2 are working together, one of them being a newer member.

KID
Two Email Threads for KID (Ethan Staunton)
Hypebeast sales thread:
hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133756

Paid with regular paypal $185 ($164.79 from account + $20.21 using credit card = $185).
Received tracking number 0307 0020 0000 0239 6891. Received empty box. Filed claim.

Searched him up on facebook, it seemed legit..

return address on the empty box:
Ethan Staunton
506 Highland Ave
Oak Hill, WV, 25901

BABYMILO23
One Email thread for Babymilo23 (Marquesse T. Milstrey) cell: 304 640 5197
the rest is in my aim log which I don't have right now but will get later.
hypebeast.com/forum/showthrea...94#post2615594

Talked on aim, added on facebook (facebook seemed legit)
Sent $200 cash via usps priority 2-3 day shipping: 0310 0480 0003 4120 9656
received fake tracking address: Lc829527515us
never got anything.
he is not replying to anything i send him. (emails/text/phonecalls/im's)
Don't know what I can do..

You can see all my information is consistent but I'm down $385 from these two guys right now..

Email conversations. AIM is on the way as well from him
first file: Ethan Staunton (KID) Part 2
second: Ethan Staunton (KID) Part 1
third: Marqueese Milstrey (Babymilo23)
www.zshare.net/download/79041101df8db041/

iPhone of babymilo23 deal recently added/uploaded few days after he 'shipped'
i37.tinypic.com/ilknxz.jpg
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501653868&ref=ts

IM USING THIS POST AS A CASE SITUATION POST AS WELL
August 5, 2010 @ 09:17 PM
Ma Duce

been busy as shit moving..i should be able to help you a bit more now lefty. looks like you got it on lock though.

August 6, 2010 @ 11:54 AM
Podge

been busy as shit moving..i should be able to help you a bit more now lefty. looks like you got it on lock though.

glooks. been doing a lot of montoring new threads made, moving shit, cleaning peoples multiple threads:/

i'm just goin to put that dude babymilo23 on the scam list

~Lefty
August 6, 2010 @ 02:19 PM
Hunter

Lefty: Drew and Kevin will have to be the final word as to how to handle the scammers, I can't really make a judgment call on that one.
August 9, 2010 @ 03:18 AM
DREWKKAKE

if we can determine that they are scammers, id suggest an IP ban and put his name and some info on blast in warning threads once we know

August 9, 2010 @ 02:27 PM
Podge

if we can determine that they are scammers, id suggest an ip ban and put his name and some info on blast in warning threads once we know

i've contacted babymilo23 to get his side of the story, seems to ignore it so i'm assumingh im along with kid are being scammers in the same city.

~lefty
August 9, 2010 @ 04:54 PM
DREWKKAKE

yeah this looks pretty sketchy. if they don't respond by tonight we will IP ban and throw their names in an announcement or post in the scammer section

August 10, 2010 @ 01:33 PM
Podge

KID's Response to the accusation from me.
We already have a claim out on the sitaution but to answer your question no I did not scam him..I sent his item off with a tracking and he says he got an empty box...I don't know what more to do with his situation..I would give a refund but he doesn't even have to item to return so ya know I'd rather it be his loss then mine..tried to be cooperative but then he just started accusing me in a sense on paypal so I have lost contact with him.

KID shipped the iPhone in ONLY the iphone case, with no external wrapping, with the WHOLE iPhone 3gs label exposed and barely wrapping it up as well from photos sent to me.
KID found a loophole through Paypal as well. Paypal will refund only if the item sent is not the same, but acordingly, since the box was sent and tracking shows it sent and received the tracking delivery, it sides with the seller in the dispute and automatically closes the file.

Seems this is the same person as well.
hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120574
Multiple accounts running the same scam. D0PE has his FB photo as avy and WV as the location, theres no doubt about the scamming going on now.

~Lefty
August 10, 2010 @ 02:02 PM
DREWKKAKE

what a fucker lol. add the names and addresses to the scammer thread and we will do an IP ban.

August 10, 2010 @ 06:15 PM
Podge

added to list, you can ip ban the 3 now
~Lefty

edit: KID response

KID: We already have a claim out on the sitaution but to answer your question no I did not scam him..I sent his item off with a tracking and he says he got an empty box...I don't know what more to do with his situation..I would give a refund but he doesn't even have to item to return so ya know I'd rather it be his loss then mine..tried to be cooperative but then he just started accusing me in a sense on paypal so I have lost contact with him.

ME: Paypal closed the file as it disputes items not received only. You shipped the iphone in ONLY it's case, without any wrapping? Thats asking for someone working at usps to open it as well. If he has received his refund, do you have a screenshot of the refund process and sent to him?
~Lefty

KID: Ive told this guy a million and one times...that i DID NOT send the item in just a iphone box....it was wrapped in a box I got from the PO..i believe what he is saying about just receiving the box but i've been doing sellings on here for awhile now and this is the first time ive been called a scammer.
I still have items out now that are in the process of being shipped so if you are about to ban me can you please wait so i dont stir up anymore confusion with the clients i currently am in touch with now.

I don't know if they refund the guy or not. Like i told him i would refund him the money back if i got my iphone plus accesories back. but he didnt receive it. how? i dont know.

im not sure if he received a refund or not paypal hasnt emailed me about anything so i will keep you updated..
August 11, 2010 @ 02:15 PM
DREWKKAKE

agh lol. this stuff is killing me. so has the kid gotten a refund or not

August 12, 2010 @ 03:41 PM
Podge

the kid hasn't received a refund. i'm going to say to ban them both.
both in oak hill. both know each other on fb, but deny it.
pulling my leg it seems to allow time to scam more i think,

ban D0PE, KID, babymilo23

~Lefty
August 19, 2010 @ 11:47 AM
Podge

Originally Posted by leftyjeenyus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether790
Hi, I looked around the marketplace rules but I couldn't find any info on how to report a scammer so I figured I'd pm you since you're the mods. I'm pretty sure that another HB user and myself have been scammed by the user Livin22 and I just wanted to see how I go about reporting him, who I should send screencaps of the PMs to, etc. Thanks for your help.
Whats the situation? PM me the screenshots. Explain it.
~Lefty
The story's kind of long but here's the rundown:
I contacted Livin22 about buying his huf dunks (here's the thread: hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134637). Eventually we settled on me trading him a pair of Jordan Vs and $130 for the dunks. I sent the Jordans and the concealed cash by UPS. When he said he received the package he claimed the cash wasn't in the box. I knew that I was taking a risk sending cash so I offered to resend the 130 via paypal. Eventually he sent me a paypal address that he claimed was his dad's and I sent the money to that address. It turns out that the paypal address he sent me (Princex1x@insightbb.com) belonged to another HB user that he was trying to buy some Diamond Supply tees from. The other user got confused after I sent the payment because I put "for nike sb huf dunks" in the details section of the payment so Livin22 asked me to send him an email (still claiming that the guy was his dad and making up some story about how his dad wouldn't give him the cash). I sent the email to [email]Princex1x@insightbb.com[/email] and eventually we figured out that Livin22 had told each of us that the other guy was his (Livin22's) dad. Once we figured this out, I contacted Livin22 to find out what the deal was with the paypal address. At first he claimed that is was a wrong address entirely and that if I sent him a MoneyPak Green Dot card he would send out the dunks and the payment would be refunded. Then he claimed that the paypal address actually belonged to his dad's girlfriend and everything was cool. I waited a day to see if the payment would be refunded and once I contacted Livin22 about it again he said that he had shipped out the dunks but he had lost the tracking number. He said they would arrive earlier this week but I figured that they wouldn't (and they haven't) Unfortunately, we didn't figure all this out before [email]Princex1x@insightbb.com[/email] sent the tees to Livin22. [email]Princex1x@insightbb.com[/email] has refunded me the payment I sent to his paypal account so now he's lost his Diamond tees (valued around $130, I never actually asked how many but that was how much I sent him via Paypal) and I've lost my Jordan Vs (assuming that he actually didn't get the first cash payment of $130 that I sent in the box with them). I'll send screen caps of the PMs in a bit, there's quite a few of them. Sorry if any of that was confusing but the PMs should clear anything up.

I'm currently getting the PMs and other username to compare possible IP at the moment, in case it is a false claim.
~Lefty
August 19, 2010 @ 03:47 PM

Inactive

I read it all... I almost want to say its fake because it's so fuckin' stupid.
August 19, 2010 @ 04:23 PM
Podge

I know. Dumb dumbs users we havesad
~Lefty

Screencaps below. Do we even need Livin22's side of story, defense?
Thread of the other party (GasFaceRefill) being scammed: hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135772

Here are pictures of the PMs between Livin22 and Ether790 and then the convo in email between Ether790+GasFaceRefill.....

August 22, 2010 @ 11:13 AM
Podge

Another, via same scam route as the triangle scamming as above.

nbhdwatch = scammer
ndubct = reporter/seller
This guy pulled a double screwjob through iss and here. it's a bit complicated, but basically he had someone send me $400 to my paypal address directly, then gave me an alternate address to ship to (my fault, obviously, for having a half ounce of trust). So in the end, guy on iss doesn't get his shoes because he sent me money, and nbhdwatch gets my shoes because I thought he sent me money, not some random guy on iss. If you want to wade through the screen shots, here's the paypal dispute. I've done enough business over the years to just cut my losses and admit that I was screwed, but the least I can do is get the guy banned I guess.

-------------------------------

I think we have a miscommunication going on. The transaction I'm discussing is $415 for international priority shipped supreme blazers and wtaps vans from this post right here:

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2626509#post2626509.

I am not supreme x dope, my user name on iss is also ndubct (www.solecollector.com/forums/member59705.html) although I haven't been active on there for quite a while. from a quick search, supreme x dope doesn't seem to have any visvim shamans for sale on that forum anyway, so I'm not even sure where the agreement stemmed from.

here's screenshots from my end of the transaction.

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at102610PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at105458PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at114235PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at105508PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at110904PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at105520PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at102638PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at105614PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at102730PM.png

i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/jho202/Screenshot2010-08-20at105638PM.png

---------------------------------

i33.tinypic.com/b9fzis.png

i34.tinypic.com/9kqvck.png

i37.tinypic.com/23ts8cg.png

these are my proofs that this is you and that i have paid you 400$ with the paypal fee.

u have been banned for fraud.

i never PMd you with my address because my address was given out once i paid.

you have until tomorrow to give back my money or im escalating this to a claim. just give me back my money.

~Lefty
September 4, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
DREWKKAKE

alright and im going to give deka a ban as well. dont want him to come back

September 5, 2010 @ 01:21 AM
Ma Duce

what happened with deka?

September 25, 2010 @ 12:26 PM
Podge

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121241

IPBAN?

Also, I think a month/day tag should be implemented on tags with the current username and an expiration timeframe of about 1 or 2 months be applied to the photos. This is to eliminate the 'is the item available' in replies and even scams of whether the item is available. IT would allow moderation in closing older threads as well....

I almost want to create a seperate section for WTB threads ONLY, but I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on my suggestions first.

This would begin in the New Year coming I suggest.

~Lefty
September 25, 2010 @ 01:05 PM
DREWKKAKE

i ip banned grand hussla. aso for the wtb i will see what kevin thinks

October 8, 2010 @ 05:28 PM
Podge

this kid posted like 15times within 10minute time period. just to make a marketplace listing. should i just ban the dude? technically freeposting .....
hypebeast.com/forum/search.php?searchid=11355113
~Lefty

Please login first to reply.