Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 2, 2014 @ 03:00 AM
dpu16

Wassup, was reading on NikeTalk and was just wondering how HB fam felt about this phenomenon.

Definition of a GM sneaker: shoes that use the same materials and blueprints to create a shoe, sometimes in the same factory. When they're made in the same factory, it is after they have fulfilled Nike's contract for shoes. They just keep making more. Other times they're made in different factories (Nike doesn't own factories, they outsource most footwear production) but use the same materials and method to construct the sneaker. Quality is usually a little lower than normal (quality inspection isn't as strict, etc), but in some cases like some of the Jordan 11s, the quality is on par or even better. Also known as Unauthorized, 3rd shift, etc.

Some NT people have grown to accept and cop GM sneakers as authentics, and some online retailers/consignment stores have begun to sell them as authentic shoes (some don't even tell you, but the GM sneakers are usually priced a little lower). I kept running into these this weekend with the bred release/resellers, but ended up just sticking with ones purchased from a footaction.

On YouTube, certain 3rd party buyers say you cannot tell the difference between GM and retail AT ALL ... and these are the same rock-collectors-turned-sneakerheads that examine every little detail down to the stitching count. Crazy. Bottom line is, these are supposed to be more than fakes, but not quite the real thing either. Maybe closer to b-grades, idk.

Have any of you guys copped these shoes before? What were your experiences with them? Opinions?

GM are usually priced at/near retail or sometimes a few bucks below.

WTB Tartan Flannel Size Medium RED && Hombre Flannels

January 2, 2014 @ 03:48 AM
kosmiklol

I'd buy em if they were retail price or lower
I have never and WILL never pay above retail for any shoe
January 2, 2014 @ 03:56 AM
SHARKlN

Fake is fake, bro. I know you're only making this thread because you copped those fake royals.

Hate it had to be you, I really do 
January 2, 2014 @ 03:57 AM
dpu16

that's the thing! They're around retail and always in stock! so tempting but idk if I can even do it

January 2, 2014 @ 03:59 AM
dpu16

Fake is fake, bro. I know you're only making this thread because you copped those fake royals.

Hate it had to be you, I really do
haha naw I had to get the refund 570 was too much for fake royals + what people said were legit breds.

appreciate the love tho! sad smile Just actually curious what HB fam thinks because we're probably not as picky as NT when it comes to sneakers

January 2, 2014 @ 04:12 AM
kosmiklol

that's the thing! They're around retail and always in stock! so tempting but idk if I can even do it
where at? 
January 2, 2014 @ 04:14 AM
SHARKlN

Word, I'm glad to see it worked out for you 

As far as these grey market pairs go, I wouldn't go anywhere near them.

Remember that Nike stands behind their products 100%. You buy some Jordans from some no name big cartel, you're not getting that guarantee, which in my opinion, is a large contributing value to the retail price.

Fakes, replicas, grey market, unauthorized, whatever you wanna call em are whack. If you really love the sneakers for what they are, it isn't even a question. Unfortunately, there's a ton of people who only buy shoes to feel popular, stunting on dudes or whatever and will settle for less to produce a similar result.
January 2, 2014 @ 04:54 PM
dpu16

Remember that Nike stands behind their products 100%. You buy some Jordans from some no name big cartel, you're not getting that guarantee, which in my opinion, is a large contributing value to the retail price.

Fakes, replicas, grey market, unauthorized, whatever you wanna call em are whack. If you really love the sneakers for what they are, it isn't even a question. Unfortunately, there's a ton of people who only buy shoes to feel popular, stunting on dudes or whatever and will settle for less to produce a similar result.
That's a good point. I would never even consider them in the past, but the fact that people on NT were buying em said a lot to me. In the end I doubt I will really cop them to wear, unless I was able to see them in person. They still cost a decent amount of cash

January 5, 2014 @ 11:30 PM
fernyysanchez

The shoes honestly aren't that bad you cannot tell the difference based on looks. I bought a pair of playoff 12s to see what they were about "Unauthorized". The box came beat up as hell but when it came down to the shoe it looked like a retail pair. Leather was good however there are some materials are pretty bad like the midsole paint is cheap and it started chipping a bit. However other than that the shoes hold up well compared to retail pairs. To me i would rather get retail pairs instead of unauthorized because of the fact that you're getting em from a store and there is no doubt that the products are real, unlike an unauthorized pair you're not sure what you're gonna get.
January 7, 2014 @ 06:01 AM
adoboFosho

didn't you just get 3 pairs of breds to do just that confused

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

January 7, 2014 @ 06:02 PM
SHARKlN

didn't you steal my pictures to post your "kanyes" on ebay last summer?
January 13, 2014 @ 08:51 PM
dpu16

didn't you steal my pictures to post your "kanyes" on ebay last summer?
LOL.

As for GM, I decided to go the legit route for the bred and royals this time. If they get beat quickly maybe I'll look into the DMP ones or maybe something grey market. Hopefully that isn't for a while but I recently stopped using any force field shits too so who knows

January 23, 2014 @ 02:50 AM
mikeadams145

I have a question.. I'm a little new to the game but I've been doing my research.  I just bought a few pairs of Nikes from a well known retail srore (TJ MAX.)  I got a decent price for these sneakers.  Are these GM sneakers?  

I can understand buying blatant fakes from some run of the mill sneaker website from over seas but these were bought locally.

Also are Nike Outlets selling GM sneaks?  
What about Foot Action?  Sometimes FootAction has some sick deals.

Thoughts?
Thanks
January 23, 2014 @ 05:42 AM
dpu16

I have a question.. I'm a little new to the game but I've been doing my research.  I just bought a few pairs of Nikes from a well known retail srore (TJ MAX.)  I got a decent price for these sneakers.  Are these GM sneakers?  

I can understand buying blatant fakes from some run of the mill sneaker website from over seas but these were bought locally.

Also are Nike Outlets selling GM sneaks?  
What about Foot Action?  Sometimes FootAction has some sick deals.

Thoughts?
Thanks
none of those would be GM. GM are still illegal

January 23, 2014 @ 06:22 AM
thesolecollector23

don't Give A Fu*K what anybody says GM = Fakes point blank.

Mista No Slack N My Mack

January 23, 2014 @ 06:35 AM
thesolecollector23

Mista No Slack N My Mack

January 23, 2014 @ 03:21 PM
mikeadams145

No I'm not trolling at all.  Honest posts and I appreciate your feedback.   Here is what my plan was... I was going to sell these sneaks at a Consignment shop and try to make a few bucks.  HOWEVER After reading Flight Clubs Consignment rules I started researching what GM, Variant shoes were. Up until a cpl weeks ago I had no idea what it meant.

I  bought Nike Air Zoom Turf Jet 97's for $40 and Griffey South Beach 1's (all turquoise w/black accents) for $50.  Last week I saw the Same Griffeys on sale at FootAcion for $102 but they only had a couple pairs left - salesman said they sold them fast.  Now I bought the same shoe for less than half that price.  I also bought Converse PeelBacks for $13 at FootAction. 

Am I on to something here?  I didn't want to get laughed at by the guy at the Consignment Store. 
February 11, 2014 @ 05:03 PM
ZeroInspo

IMO if they are made with the same materials,have the same quality AND are made in the same factory they are the same shoes and I'd probably buy them if it was something I really wanted but couldn't get. Is there any way to identify from which factory they come and compare them with the authorized ones?
February 11, 2014 @ 08:06 PM
dpu16

IMO if they are made with the same materials,have the same quality AND are made in the same factory they are the same shoes and I'd probably buy them if it was something I really wanted but couldn't get. Is there any way to identify from which factory they come and compare them with the authorized ones?
I guess you just have to check the youtube ads. I still haven't taken the plunge and copped any - not convinced yet

February 11, 2014 @ 09:25 PM
ZeroInspo

If you do, post impressions and pictures. Wanna cop me some GM Red Octobers and resell them cool
February 13, 2014 @ 12:31 AM
-che

Meh, not a big deal - there are a lot of emotions tied up within the sneaker community. As long as you aren't calling yourself a sneakerhead I don't see the problem with buying a pair for practically nothing.
February 13, 2014 @ 01:33 AM
至高

"Unauthorized" is just a fancy term the community has come to use for fakes. Just like deadstock means termination of stock or no longer available, but the sneaker community adapted it to identify shoes that are brand new. The most common "unauthorized" I see are Royal 1s, which are just fake. It's AAA or 1:1 quality, definitely not "same material". The "same material, same factory minus the quality control" doesn't exist, it's fakes that have evolved to look better as fake manufacturers up their game and as Nike's production quality devolves. 

And to the guy who copped some Nikes at TJ Maxx, the reason you got 'em for so cheap is cause TJ Maxx gets their stock from order mistakes made by the order retailer. Those Nikes were probably excess. Those are Nikes with no hype whatsoever to them.  Fake/"unauthorized" manufacturers wouldn't bother making those. Also, I hate to burst your bubble but they will NOT sell at a consignment store. The guy at the counter will probably laugh at you for bringing them in before discovering they were "unauthorized", which they are not.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

February 13, 2014 @ 06:15 PM
totalespionage

At the end of the day fake shoes are fake shoes. No way of getting around that

Best bet is to buy shoes from Nike.com directly or from a sneaker retail store (Champs, Footaction, Foot Lockcker). 
March 4, 2014 @ 12:16 AM
Serk

Fake jordans are like fake tits, its not the same.smh i dont get why people buy fakes and spend so much on em
March 14, 2014 @ 02:31 AM
trethousandgt

"Unauthorized" is just a fancy term the community has come to use for fakes. Just like deadstock means termination of stock or no longer available, but the sneaker community adapted it to identify shoes that are brand new. The most common "unauthorized" I see are Royal 1s, which are just fake. It's AAA or 1:1 quality, definitely not "same material". The "same material, same factory minus the quality control" doesn't exist, it's fakes that have evolved to look better as fake manufacturers up their game and as Nike's production quality devolves. 

And to the guy who copped some Nikes at TJ Maxx, the reason you got 'em for so cheap is cause TJ Maxx gets their stock from order mistakes made by the order retailer. Those Nikes were probably excess. Those are Nikes with no hype whatsoever to them.  Fake/"unauthorized" manufacturers wouldn't bother making those. Also, I hate to burst your bubble but they will NOT sell at a consignment store. The guy at the counter will probably laugh at you for bringing them in before discovering they were "unauthorized", which they are not.

THIS. 
March 18, 2014 @ 03:59 PM
bartkira

I watched a comparison of 'unauthorised' vs 'legit' royals on youtube. The unauthorised pair had a really messed up toe box that looked pretty obvious when side by side.

Please login first to reply.